Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

chenais

What is your top 3 of the best youtubers in DST?

chenais    114

Personally, I only watch Don Giani Guides, which is, in my opinion, the best DST youtuber. And you, who do you watch the most?

emin61    742
46 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Edgy Rick’s kiting video is the best video I could share, but in general I find YouTube content lacking.

The edge lord himself is playing minecraft and his videos are all outdated. not to mention he left dst already. 

1bubbainpa    2589

Honestly, not a really lot of good don’t starve youtubers out there. The only YouTuber I reliably watch is James.

Also beard’s voice literally just makes me want to

GenomeSquirrel    854
12 minutes ago, emin61 said:

The edge lord himself is playing minecraft and his videos are all outdated. not to mention he left dst already. 

I’m not impressed by most of his videos, his ruins video looked like powerpoint with screenshots from the wiki, but the kiting video still covers the majority of mobs well, they haven’t changed.

GetNerfedOn    5787

I rarely watch DST on youtube, but when I do its:

1. Slasher 342 and his meme guides;

2. James Bucket and his generally entertaining content; and,

3. Gabriel Gabriel and his invaluable farm guides.

Moonatik    348
2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Joeshmocoolstuff :_

I won't make a top 3, because there's many useful videos to watch everywhere, sometimes very funny, but I liked to watch his fuelweaver speedrun, 2 times. I like his intro too. A must see ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9BbNnlMhbw

ArubaroBeefalo    3447
47 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

I won't make a top 3, because there's many useful videos to watch everywhere, sometimes very funny, but I liked to watch his fuelweaver speedrun, 2 times. I like his intro too. A must see ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9BbNnlMhbw

His FW and toadstool are just so great. His videos was my 1st youtube video i watched to learn how to reach the fights seen in the dst trailers and i learned a lot of mechanics from him. 

Owlrus    3064

For me I'd have to say:

1.) Helicalpuma

2.) James Bucket

3.) Jazzy Games

All 3 of them give un-biased advice with the sole intention of helping people improve, whereas (in my opinion) people like Edgy Rick and Beard777 tell their opinions as though they are facts (and are sometimes debatabley wrong) and have been known to be quite unpleasant to their communities at times.

Bothead    155

I like most of the youtubers mentioned here. By the way does anyone remember komeny182 here? God I remember watching his mob fights even before I started playing the game.

Rinkusan    1005

Youtube-wise, I'm personally a fan of
1) James Bucket for his snide rhymes usually involving everyone's "favorite" mime, not to mention the guy actually takes his time regardless of the dime he makes from not maximizing watchtime.
2) Don Giani for his insane (enraged) boss challenges and helpful 7ips. 
3) Joeschmoe for his speedrunning tactics and being THE inspiration for many other raid-boss speedrunners. 

I also occasionally watch JazzyGames for the diverse content since the guy does pretty much everything, from DST boss guides to single-player DLC playthroughs; also Slasher342 for the stupidly amusing memes.

Albus321    633

1. RazingHel (isn't active)

2. James Bucket 

3. FreyaMaluk (isn't active). she used to make nice videos and for that i know this great game 

so thanks @FreyaMaluk

ShadowDuelist    6531

Its hard to mention top 3 as I watch most of the youtubers mentioned before, that are still active.

I'm just going to give a shoutout to Kynoox who makes great informative videos, and swanky psammead who also makes awesome videos. 

I wish joeshmocoolstuff would make a comeback at some point, he was an inspiration for many.

Canis    12861

Freddo Films, Slasher, and James Bucket.

Everyone else isn't really my style or is way too inactive in the DST department. I really only watch DST youtubers for entertainment - not education as I already know everything ;) - so that kinda limits things.

I enjoyed the hell out of Sugawolf when he played Don't Starve, but he's sick of the game after his playthroughs. Although tbf I haven't checked his channel in a bit, that might've changed.

1. James Bucket

2. Jazzy's Games

3. Freddo Films

I'm mostly satisfied with the YouTube DST community, there are only a few youtubers who I don't like/ don't watch frequently (in this case, "frequently" means "at least a couple times a month").