Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Slagger

Woodie Is GOD and this is not GOOD!

Slagger    827

The collector role of game has taken by Woodie (Beaver) and now playing with Maxwell don't make sense.

The monster farming role of game has taken by Woodie (moose) and now playing with Wendy/Webber don't make sense.

The investigation role of game has taken by Woodie (Goose) and now playing with WX don't make sense.

Woodie was worst character of game but now he is GOD. He is really overpowered. Yeah Wicker, Wigfrid and Wolfgang is easy too but not as Woodie. This characters needs experience of game and creating problems at start of game but with Woodie you can turn forgotten gods with a meatball (For hunger reset downside). I think Klei must do something. I have little ideas for making Woodie human again.

>He should drop everything (at least randomly half of items) when turns wereforms. This would make forms more "curse".

>He should not able to see map when he turns wereforms. (Specialy map is making discovery with goose really op)

Spoiler

Maybe, just maybe discovered places by wereforms should not be saved on map. It's can be kinda hard but I think it's would be good and make sense.

>Goose should get wet slowly when it run on water (God bless water splashes)

>Wereforms should be hypnosised/enlightenment (slow moving effect idk how it called) while being/being near at lunar islands. Traveling lunar island with Goose is easier than making a boat and let's be honest, there is not so much reason to going islands. We all just go for stonefruit.

Spoiler

Goose form should drown if it's get near to lunar islands. Say goodbye to stonefruit farm at day 2.

>All player should lost sanity while being near to wereforms.

>Treeguard should be improved. I can kill it with an axe while eating food and watching movie both. Maybe it should be have few attack types. For ex. we saw treeguard hits the floor with leg at animation. Maybe it should do it in game too and create a little damage zone.

>All birds should attack him and KILL him in one hit and he should be vegetarian also...... just kidding that was all. I think he would be still easy character but more fun to play this time.

And also I have few aesthetic ideas for Lucy!

>Lucy should not speak all time when you wear/unwear her. She's spamming and her sound is not really nice. She should speak lesser. I'm using a mod to mute her.

>Lucy should damage 30-50 damage for only Treeguards. It's would be cool to fighting tree guards with her. Please klei, save us from this god and you guys share your ideas.

Dragonboooorn    278

He deserve to be GOOD. Klei screw up with his past and lore. ( They literally dont give anything to his lore... And didnt show his past) So yeah.

A soul for soul

Mike23Ua    6560

They designed Woodie, exactly the way they wanted him to be.. and they haven’t changed, patched, tweaked or modified anything about him since.

Its safe to assume that Klei is quite happy with how Woodie plays now.

my one and ONLY Complaint about that is now the Lucy axe really doesn’t serve much purpose... pre-Rework Woodie if you chopped too much Wood with Lucy it Triggered Werebeaver, now Chopping too much Wood only has a 50% chance to spawn Treeguards.

So the TL:DR using Lucy no longer has any depth to it.

But as I stated- Klei is happy with how Woodie performs now, obviously or else they would’ve updated or tweaked him again by now.

And also.. the characters your comparing him to have yet to be Reworked themselves- so that compression isn’t really a fair one.

Sweaper    691
59 minutes ago, Slagger said:

>He should drop everything (at least randomly half of items) when turns wereforms. This would make forms more "curse".

And lose your ruins equipment to some random player on a public server? And on top of that risk starving thanks to no map and your food dropping. All that while making goose worse since you would need to always go back to retrieve your dropped items, making exploration not worthwhile.

>He should not able to see map when he turns wereforms. (Specialy map is making discovery with goose really op)

This only hurts console players, because anyone annoyed by it will just get a mod.

Maybe, just maybe discovered places by wereforms should not be saved on map. It's can be kinda hard but I think it's would be good and make sense.

You will be mostly discovering places as goose while searching for the island, and for that it would make no difference whether the map gets open or not while transformed since after you get there you'll want to turn to Woodie again, updating the map back.

>Goose should get wet slowly when it run on water (God bless water splashes)

Wetness won't hurt him, transformations get a lot of insulation so it will take a long time to freeze from wetness alone. It will make your sanity go down faster, but that's about it.

>Wereforms should be hypnosised/enlightenment (slow moving effect idk how it called) while being/being near at lunar islands. Traveling lunar island with Goose is easier than making a boat and let's be honest, there is not so much reason to going islands. We all just go for stonefruit.

So that we know if we are near the islands, making finding it even easier?

>All player should lost sanity while being near to wereforms.

They are cute, Wendy even wants to ride Beaver, so... no?

>Treeguard should be improved. I can kill it with an axe while eating food and watching movie both. Maybe it should be have few attack types. For ex. we saw treeguard hits the floor with leg at animation. Maybe it should do it in game too and create a little damage zone.

So you're giving a bearger aoe type attack to treeguards, I don't know if that would make it any harder. You'll still be able to "kill it with an axe while eating food and watching movie".

Lucy should not speak all time when you wear/unwear her. She's spamming and her sound is not really nice. She should speak lesser. I'm using a mod to mute her.

Drop her and use beaver to get wood. It's not like you'll need that many wood and even if you do just wait for a full moon and find a forest to get wood for the entire year.

Lucy should damage 30-50 damage for only Treeguards. It's would be cool to fighting tree guards with her. Please klei, save us from this god and you guys share your ideas.

No, you said yourself treeguards are brain dead easy.

Comparing Woodie to someone that hasn't been updated yet isn't a good comparison. We don't know what Maxwell, WX and Webber will get. And even then they have their niche uses, although Webber is in a pretty bad spot right now, imo.

Wendy is better than weremoose on farming large amounts of mobs. And cheaper.

bruhmoment23    5899
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

They designed Woodie, exactly the way they wanted him to be.. and they haven’t changed, patched, tweaked or modified anything about him since.

False. His forms had alot of repairs and changes due to how the community wasnt happy about them and how messy they were. From what i recall his goose form couldn't walk on water which was a gigantic handicap, moose wasn't as tanky as he is now and dealt less damage which led to his defensives being increased up to 90%, beaver had slower digging and mining which was also increased, not to mention his forms couldn't last up to half a day. To top it off the sanity drain while being in the forms was also clunky and had to be reduced.

Petit Citron    158

After an in game year, his perks fall off. Current Woodie gives a kick start early, sure, but keep in mind all of his forms can be outclassed easily in late game. He's fine, and still poor compared to overpowered gods you mentioned.

Lammarr    1989

1- Maxwell is still a way better resource collector than Woodie due to the fact that he can chop/mine, dig and collect at the same time. Also, Bearger and the reanimated skeleton do exist and they can be used by anyone, and guess what? They're way faster than Woodie.          2-Monster farming is not really that op nor necessary, yeah, just some low quality food and healing, nothing great, and everyone can also make automatic spider farms with bunnymen.                                              3- WX-78 is still a waaaay better explorer when combined with Wickerbottom, WX got a 50% speed boost instead of a pathetic 30%, he's also immune to the darkness, cold, and heat, and he can actually collect resources too!                                               Oh and it doesn't end here, the Moon Island is also useless, yeah, you've heard it right, all of its items are easily outclassed by their own common counterparts, the only reason to go there is for those rock berry bushes things, and honestly i don't think they're that useful either...

ArubaroBeefalo    3716

this is not a moba, if you dont like it because op just dont use it. Here is nothing to win

When i play with friends ofc we try to get a good composition but we take others than S tiers if we want to play a particular character

this is for having fun, if you want facerolling take wolfgang if you want a challenge take wes. Variety of gameplays its one of the best things of this game

x0-VERSUS-1y    5657
57 minutes ago, Slagger said:

*snip*

You are a funny man, ma dude.

And it shows you aren't playing pub games with random people torching your camp, looting your corpse, spawning tentacles everywhere, yadayada, you get the gigs. Else you'd know what your proposals actually bring about - you butt-naked in an unknown part of map, sans food, starving, insane, and with people calling you an "useless bum" in chat :D

JosePapp    629
52 minutes ago, Slagger said:

snip

Characters like Wendy still have their uses,she's a beast against swarms of mobs, making her desirable around raid bosses. Woodie is strong sure, but he's not as broken as you say he is. Wolfgang still has less handicaps than he does, so he's stronger for sure. The goose can't attack, so WX still has the overall high ground on speed, since he can use it for more than woodie could dream of.

In my opinion, if anything were to be changed about woodie, i'd make his curses a bit more intrusive. Returning the chop too much you become a beaver, but i wouldn't know how to make the other ones. Maybe instinctively turning goose under 10% health?

However characters should not be balanced as if this was a pvp or a fighting game, they just need to offer a challenge and entertain, which i think the reworked characters do well. No one plays the "Meta" way safe from like 3 people, so i don't see the problem with characters that are not broken but somewhat above the others (which in woodie's case is only being above maxwell and webber)

shadowDigga    791

You must be kidding, in no way Woodie is better than Maxwell at gathering resources, even wood. Maxwell doesn't have to risk his life transforming himself into something and his shadow puppets last forever unlike Woodie's transformations and their health is not shared with Maxwell. The only thing Woodie is currently best at is locating Lunar Island but once you've done that once it's not really much of advantage afterwards.

Werebeaver might be faster at chopping trees, but if you take into account time needed to collect wood afterwards you'll realize that Maxwell wins.

bruhmoment23    5899
1 hour ago, Slagger said:

-snip-

If you haven't noticed, Woodie's role is being a generalist, which means he can do more than one thing. You suggesting his goose form drowning while being close to the shores of lunar island is silly, it basically removes the entire stance of his kit, i honestly don't know if anybody uses the goose form for anything other than a fast way of getting to lunar island. You didn't say anything about Werebeaver or Weremoose, just to change Lucy, goose form and treeguards.

Slagger    827
Just now, Mike23Ua said:

And also.. the characters your comparing him to have yet to be Reworked themselves- so that compression isn’t really a fair one.

I hope this one. This would fix many of problems.

Just now, Sweaper said:

And lose your ruins equipment to some random player on a public server?

This is normal. Other players also can hammer your home and empty your chests. Dropping items while turning would make you more careful. Droping food is still good idea bc travelling with few meatballs remove downsides of forms. They can make him start with 50 hunger like vanilla... And you gave me another idea. Dropped items should be covered by things (bunch of feather, bunch of manure and bunch of wood) and only dropper can take item from it. It's should work like one way chest and get destroyed in few days if player don't take it. Problem solved.

Just now, Sweaper said:

This only hurts console players, because anyone annoyed by it will just get a mod.

Mods shouldn't fix game problems. They should make game more different.

Just now, Sweaper said:

It will make your sanity go down faster, but that's about it.

This is the point. This is a goose, not jesus.

Just now, Sweaper said:

So that we know if we are near the islands, making finding it even easier?

I was talking about really near. I want this so you can find location of island but don't travel it easily. Woodie players should use boat more...

Just now, Sweaper said:

They are cute, Wendy even wants to ride Beaver, so... no?

Lol man what is wrong with you, why you are so aggressive? Wendy also think dying is best solution. Maxwell love (and crafted) clockworks but lost sanity too. Wicker saying ghost aren't real and thinks kiddo ghost are cute but she's getting crazy near of them.

Just now, Sweaper said:

So you're giving a bearger aoe type attack to treeguards

That was an example. I'm sure there is way to make those woodguys harder.

Just now, Sweaper said:

Drop her and use beaver to get wood

I really love roleplaying and I enjoy walking with Lucy. Even I get sad while I put her to bag.

Dear Lammar

Just now, Lammarr said:

Maxwell is still a way better resource collector

Yeah maybe he is slightly faster but he have health downside and bossfight is really dangerous. But Woodie is ok with his health.

Just now, Lammarr said:

everyone can also make automatic spider farms with bunnymen.

Everybody can make everything. We talking about starting skills. Everybody can't make bunnyman farm in first day. Even if you plant so much berry, you will be same state with wicker books.

Just now, Lammarr said:

WX-78 is still a waaaay better

But he also need a witch, cane, witch book and losting his stats. He Woodie need monster meat seeds and food. Also wx can't even touch water.

Just now, Lammarr said:

i don't think they're that useful either

Yep. With goose form you don't need even craft a boat. And finding this resources in first days is cheaty.

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if you dont like it because op just dont use it

??? He is great character with great style but his skills make him like slenderman mod with 1000 health. Wes is challenge character but he is not a starter character. Also I think klei trying to make characters balanced with downsides and upsides. I really can't understand you guys.

Just now, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

useless bum

What?? Playing more comfortable than other players is not good. It's cheat. A Maxwell will try to burn your home and you will get food from fridge and turn godzilla. You will destroy him and him shadow in few seconds.

Being powerful than all other characters don't mean he is a good character. It's mean he is god.

Duck986    554

The collector role of game has taken by Woodie (Beaver) and now playing with Maxwell don't make sense.

Y'know, today I mined marble trees as beaver and I can say that Maxwell is MUCH better to do this. While beaver mines marble trees in 20 hits(!), Maxwell's shadow miners are doin' this in 3-4 mines each (if u use three of them). Also, when you're playing as beaver, you need to constantly hold action button to smash trees, while Max's shadows are doin' so independently

P.S. i'm just too lazy to read this wall of text, so I answered the first incosistency I found

3 minutes ago, Slagger said:

But he also need a witch, cane, witch book and losting his stats. He Woodie need monster meat seeds and food. Also wx can't even touch water.

OMEGALUL. png, I see NO DIFFICULTIES in playing e,g, in spring without eyebrella and without lightning book. Looks like you've never played usual Don't Starve, where any character can develop higher speed using coffee, magiluminiscense, walking cane and boat that equipped with Iron Wind

Axelocke    4162
17 minutes ago, Slagger said:

What?? Playing more comfortable than other players is not good. It's cheat.

I think you're giving Woodie far too much credit. Wickerbottom exists, and her whole existence is basically legal game hacks with the way you can manipulate the world. Woodie has limitations, (gathering, combat, exploration), while Wickerbottom can make all science machine recipes at the start of the game, directly control bird spawns (morsel farming and krampus spawns), tentacle spawns (bosses are no longer a threat), lightning (free charge for WX-78 players), growing literally everything around her instantlyallowing her to feed everyone on the server for multiple days, and making everything around her sleep.

Paired with a Wormwood, Wickerbottom's Applied Horticulture becomes at least 90% more efficient, since you'll now be growing basically every single vegetable/fruit in the game. Add a bird cage for Wormwood to farm seeds, and starving suddenly seems like an impossibility.

Having a Woodie around just means you'll probably learn where things are if they tell you/give you a map, and have a few stacks of wood/rocks/etc. Nowhere near as outrageous as Wickerbottom. I believe he was designed to be a fun character to goof around with, giving players a very "sandbox-y" feel. He's fun, and does general tasks efficiently. 

Well-met    3079

have you considered that Klei is gonna make maxwell, webber and WX ultra good aswell in their own time?

incase you haven't noticed, they're making all characters really good.

Frashaw27    1197

Maybe with some honey crystaled food, but besides that their outputs are simular and the fact that Maxwell puppets will never need to be renewed in order to continue chopping, unlike the beaver. The beaver suits his role fine but it is not better then Maxwell as both have thier ups and downs.

The monster farming role of game has taken by Woodie (moose) and now playing with Wendy/Webber don't make sense.

Webber maybe steady being lowered in pontential them the others but he still unpararlled in getting spider drops by the sheer factor that he doesn't have any danger when farming even with hundreds of spiders. Abigail has a shield that protects her from further attacks, which makes her the best at farming any non boss mob because the biggest problem is that trash mons will rapidly stack up damage with its companions which she gets rid of. That on top of her petals defence decrease makes her choice viable for farming even with a weremoose involved. 

The investigation role of game has taken by Woodie (Goose) and now playing with WX don't make sense

Ah yes. Becoming a speedy tanky god with a perminit heat and light source is no longer viable becuase the goose goes fast. Totally not seeing some bias here. Nope.

You are trying way to hard to compare him with characters that are actually meant for their  profession and putting them on the same level because he can do it to. Sure, I might be able to run, but a olympic sprinter will always beat me because he has his life based around sprint while I don't.

He is really overpowered

No, you are the only one thinking this. I have seen that he maybe powerful for his lack of downside but not that the forms themselves are op.

>He should drop everything (at least randomly half of items) when turns wereforms. This would make forms more "curse

Bad for any public server and would only serve to make him infuriating to play. Yes, it would make him harder but not by clever design but instead by putting a annoying mechanic with it. Its the band aid on the giant hemmoraging wound on difficulty if that analogy make sense. It would just serve to annoy that is somethimg we don't want.

See now, I ised to think the same way, until I saw it practice and realized its not that big of a deal. Seeing the map makes it so that he can utalize his speed and make sure it's not for naught. It also doesn't help much since if you want something from somewhere you would have to hope that you loose wereform near it or wait until it runs out rendering it wasted. While yes, it does allow you to do more with the map later, you can't really do anything with it while you there and will still have to go back to collect from there eventually.

>Goose should get wet slowly when it run on water (God bless water splashes

Ah ues and the myriad of wetness problems that come with wetness, can just be removed by burning a random tree or bush. It doesn't make it more difficult, it just makes playing the goose more annoying after.

Wereforms should be hypnosised/enlightenment (slow moving effect idk how it called) while being/being near at lunar islands. Traveling lunar island with Goose is easier than making a boat and let's be honest, there is not so much reason to going islands. We all just go for stonefruit

So you want to remove the only utility for the goose perk to exist once people have access to canes and yellow amulets? Cause that is what you are saying. It is rendered usless by those 2 items, except to the fact that it can make trips to the lunar island and removing that fact removes it from late game entirely. It may ruin the day 1 bush grabbing but a dedicated enough player will just do it normally, which would just serve to annoy them since the goose was their way of safely going there with a unique character and is now instead being dead weight as it can no longer do what others couldn't.

2 hours ago, Slagger said:

>All player should lost sanity while being near to wereforms

Wouldn't that hurt cooperation? The entire basis of the game?

>Treeguard should be improved. I can kill it with an axe while eating food and watching movie both. Maybe it should be have few attack types. For ex. we saw treeguard hits the floor with leg at animation. Maybe it should do it in game too and create a little damage zone

So you want to buff treeguards, which is fine, but I don't understand how this its specifically a woodie thing. 

>All birds should attack him and KILL him in one hit and he should be vegetarian also...... just kidding that was all. I think he would be still easy character but more fun to play this time

All of the suggestions you have given would kill any intrest of Woodie as a character for me.

Lucy should not speak all time when you wear/unwear her. She's spamming and her sound is not really nice. She should speak lesser. I'm using a mod to mute her

She actually doesn't talk much aince the rework. This sounds like you have a personal vendetta against lucy because ypu would know that most of her lines came from warning woodie about the curse, and without that it be about one per minute plaus when you equip her, hardly what I call spamming.

Lucy should damage 30-50 damage for only Treeguards. It's would be cool to fighting tree guards with her. Please klei, save us from this god and you guys share your ideas

Ah yes, remove the one downside that he is actually meant to have, cooool.

26 minutes ago, Slagger said:

This is normal. Other players also can hammer your home and empty your chests. Dropping items while turning would make you more careful. Droping food is still good idea bc travelling with few meatballs remove downsides of forms. They can make him start with 50 hunger like vanilla... And you gave me another idea. Dropped items should be covered by things (bunch of feather, bunch of manure and bunch of wood) and only dropper can take item from it. It's should work like one way chest and get destroyed in few days if player don't take it. Problem solved

No, it still just as player hostile but now it can be used to grief. Imagine making a real nice base but then a woodie comes over with a bunch of logs and just litters the ground with unremovable logs and then leaves. It can then be used to to grief, how doe you not see this. It is stiil not a good idea. It wasn't a good idea in SP, and it still isn't good here.

30 minutes ago, Slagger said:

This is the point. This is a goose, not jesus

Except its not jesus? Just because it walks on water doesn't mean that it has the potential of a god.

32 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I was talking about really near. I want this so you can find location of island but don't travel it easily. Woodie players should use boat more

Its not making it interesting, ots railroading and forces player to use specific tools to do a action for no other reason except difficulty, which is stupid and doesn't make the game actually challenging but rather annoying since a clearly perfect way to do something has been denied for no other reason but to annoy the player in into using a different method.

I think the case we are dealing with here is one of looking for power that isn't there. You are seeing upsides for more then they are worth and are and putting them up against things they really shouldn't be up against. You are making woodie a false god for no other reason them your diluded view of him. You try to preach to us your wisdom but we deny you becaise we have evidence against it. Just take the L, admit that you were wrong about Woodie being the Buddha of DST, and stop perpetuating this argument further.

Slagger    827

Most of you guys saying same thing. But you guys missing the point...

Yes Woodie aren't good collector as Maxwell

Yes Woodie aren't good mob farmer as Wendy

Yes Woodie aren't good discoverer as WX

But he can do all,slightly weaker with no real downsides. He can collect, kill and wander both. He only need few monster meat and few meatballs...

bruhmoment23    5899
20 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Most of you guys saying same thing. But you guys missing the point...

Yes Woodie aren't good collector as Maxwell

Yes Woodie aren't good mob farmer as Wendy

Yes Woodie aren't good discoverer as WX

But he can do all,slightly weaker with no real downsides. He can collect, kill and wander both. He only need few monster meat and few meatballs...

And what's so bad about it? That's literally his role in the game. There are far more powerful characters than him, and he's not nearly as close to being a "god'' as you describe him to be.

Not trying to be aggressive or anything, but if you have almost 100% of the posts disagreeing, possibly you could consider there may be a fault in your reasoning, OP?

Slagger    827
Just now, Axelocke said:

Wickerbottom exists

Yes right, wicker is god too but she hadn't update yet. If she don't have one make her balanced you will see a post saying "Wicker is god and this is not good.".

Just now, Well-met said:

have you considered that Klei is gonna make maxwell, webber and WX ultra good aswell in their own time?

Yes! I'm saying it too! I don't want forms get removed. I just gave ideas that can make him less powerful. So other characters will not look so useless. For now, if you ask me playing with reworked characters, Woodie is smarter than playing Wendy.

Mike23Ua    6560
7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

incase you haven't noticed, they're making all characters really good.

You may be onto something with that actually... each character that has been reworked seems to be completely losing their Downsides, And as Klei states time and time again in the past- they create this game with its FUTURE already in mind.

So yeah- Wendy’s low damage may be completely absent when using the buff she gets from attacking stuff Abigail attacks now. She can stand by Sisturn all day and never lose sanity, or stand by Abigail all night and never need a torch or lantern.

And Yeah, Willow no longer ignites fires by herself when low on Sanity, with her Rework they actually made it so it’s a GOOD thing to be low on Sanity.. Bernie farms excellent Nightmare fuel.

With Woodie they completely removed his downside of turning into a Beaver by chopping too much wood and then also having to EAT the Wood he chops to maintain Beaver form, Instead he can chop all the wood he wants and not have to also eat it.

But don’t be fooled either- Just because characters seem to be getting easier to play- Doesn’t mean that the game will always be a complete cakewalk, for all we know Klei could be deep into the finishing touches of a Totally Uncompromising Mode.

Slagger    827
Just now, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

Not trying to be aggressive or anything, but if you have almost 100% of the posts disagreeing, possibly you could consider there may be a fault in your reasoning, OP?

I would really say if they was right for me. Dropping items was problem and I gived a idea. I didn't said any of my idea is great. I'm just trying to make him same as other characters. Wigfrid/Wortox/Wurt sacrifice their huge diet for few powers but Woodie is great in human and wereforms both! And someone saying he is not god he is powerful. He can do everything great with no effor and live perfect life. His only problem at turning useful creatures in few days. What is god character for you guys? Only thing he can't is teleporting like wortox. After that he would be a god.