Game does not start after unlocking characters through console commands

So I wanted to unlock all characters by typing a console command for each character
For example,

GetPlayer().profile:UnlockCharacter("willow")

And I typed it with every character name, and after I restarted the game I have this error

I tried everything, redownload the game, verify intergity of game files, it doesnt work

Playing on Steam, almost no mods

1.PNG

Based on the error screen provided, it looks like something happened after the console command was entered and resulted in an issue with your profile file (which handles unlocks, experience points, and such). Regrettably, the only way to fix this at this point, is to delete the corrupted/broken file from your system. Please note that doing these steps unfortunately will result in all unlocked characters to be lost, but allow you to play the game once more. 

If you would like to go ahead with the fix, here are the steps to do so:

1) Disable Steam Cloud Synchronization for Don't Starve:
- Right-Click on Don't Starve in your Steam Games Library and choose "Properties";
- In the "Properties" window, click on the "Updates" tab; at the bottom you'll find an option for Steam Cloud.
- Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Don't Starve" and click on the "Close" button.

2) Delete the "Profile" file from your Don't Starve (Steam)
- Go into your Steam folders; for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\{your unique Steam ID}\{219740}\remote\ and delete the file called "Profile"
- Fully exit out of Steam. Then launch Steam once more.

3) Create a new profile file for Don't Starve to be used to replace the corrupted file
- Launch the game and start a new save file on an empty save slot. 
- This will create a new profile file in your save folders, play for a few minutes and then save and exit the game.

4) Re-enable Steam Cloud and upload the new profile file for Don't Starve to Steam Cloud.
- Go back to Steam Library > right-click Don't Starve > Properties > UPDATES tab and put a check mark in "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Don't Starve"
- Launch the game once more. A Steam - Cloud Sync Conflict screen will pop-up > Choose "Upload to the Steam Cloud".

Doing these steps should allow you to play the game once more. 

Archived