Sign in to follow this  
ADM

I want you for the Cherry Forest team

Mr. Tiddles    1125

I reckon I could lend a hand! Already did a quick sketch based on the current trees I feel keeps the energy of 'em. Shouldn't have to reanimate them if you have the raw sprites- unless you think those could use a touch-up as well, which I can do.

Uncoloured obv, and very basic shrubbery

unknown.png

Edited by Mr. Tiddles
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ADM    8557
31 minutes ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

unknown.png

Oh well this is definitively better than everything I could do in a day ^^ I like it since you used the original model but I'm fine and encourage others models or shapes since I'll remake the full trees anim anyway. :wilson_laugh:

I also forgot to mention that I'd like to give the trees various builds with the seasons cause it's quite weird to have flowers at all seasons ikr :)

18 minutes ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

Shouldn't have to reanimate them if you have the raw sprites-

Ha yes I guess it could help !

It seems that the forums upload size changed so I've uploaded them on the Discord group or you can find them on imgur for the images :

https://imgur.com/a/9BV5Qsv

And mediafire for the animation files :

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/jx19zmisg22go/cherry_forest

• Like 1

Mr. Tiddles    1125
1 minute ago, ADM said:

Snip

For sure, I'll be doing the leaves and branches all separate. That was just a little something to get the silhouette ready. I'll get started proper first thing in the morning (and will have to fiddle a bit because I've never drawn cherry blossoms or cherry trees so that'll be a fun experiment).

• Like 1

bruhmoment23    7397

Hi there, i got interested in the style of your mod and right now im making some small concept art pieces for mobs related to that biome, I'll be sure to send them here once they're finished, im no modder but id like to see what you think about it. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ADM    8557
2 hours ago, derplord said:

How do you mod? If you can help me, I would be more than happy to help you.

I'm very bad at teaching things but there's many guides and tutoriald to start here, look at the pinned topics on the mod sub-forums. But sure I can help you if you have specific requests even if I'm not very talented in the modding domain.

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Hi there, i got interested in the style of your mod and right now im making some small concept art pieces for mobs related to that biome, I'll be sure to send them here once they're finished, im no modder but id like to see what you think about it. Cheers.

I'm always looking for that kind of stuff, thanks ! We'll be making more mobs once the cherry trees are updated :)

Edited by ADM
  • Like 1

Blue Moth    5514
2 minutes ago, ADM said:

I'm very bad at teaching things but there's many guides and tutoriald to start here, look at the pinned topics on the mod sub-forums. But sure I can help you if you have specific requests even if I'm not very talented in the modding domain.

In My Opinion, The Celestial tab is very Lackluster, and I think There should be more to it.

that's the kind of Mod I'm wanting to make.

bruhmoment23    7397

Here are two mob concepts i came up with, the Cherrling Spiders and Cherran Night Watchers. I can give full detail and information about them if you're interested. Let me know what you think.

hc2.png

hcv3.png

Edited by bruhmoment23
  • Like 3

ADM    8557
2 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Let me know what you think.

I wanted to make Cherry Spiders at some point but I couldn’t do them myself, excellent design !

the other mob looks amazing as well, what are you thinking about for those creatures ? :) 

• Thanks 2

bruhmoment23    7397

I'm happy to hear you like it. As to more gameplay wise description of those mobs, spiders well, just spiders, i didn't really thought much about them except maybe adding a more special version of Spider Queen, also their nest being just a big cherry with holes haha. The watcher mob could be a potential race ( pigs , merms ) that would live in that biome. I got a few thoughts about them living in small villages similar to pig villages but with less houses and more interesting structers nearby for example shrines. They would speak an unknown language but welcome the player, the night watchers could function as pig guards from hamlet, but instead of setting everything on fire they would just calmly walk around the villages when dusk comes, to ensure safety and peace, attacking only hostile mobs or player that attacks them.

ADM    8557

It might be interesting if the spiders have a special behaviour in the same way of Moon Island spiders, so all islands have their unique spiders and abilities !

I could be nice if those spider nests infect nearby Cherry Trees (10-20 meter radius), in the mod, hitting a tree have 10% to drop a cherry, so maybe the nests can transform falling cherries in spiders, like... they look like an item but if you try to pick them the legs go out and they chase you... might be a little terrifying :wilson_horror:

As for the Watchers, I'd like them to be quite large, not enormous but similar to a small treeguard at least to be slightly intimidating and show to players they're protecting this place, their lantern looks cool, maybe it could be using to cast a spell on attackers, giving a debuff and then wack them. We certainly have a nice mob design here.

Btw the island have random generate setpieces with pighouse and roads like this :

?imw=1024&imh=548&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

I'll for sure replace the pig houses with the watcher ones. Can't wait to see this.

• Like 1

bruhmoment23    7397
18 minutes ago, ADM said:

-snip-

The spider nests inside the trees could work! Similar to depth dwellers in mushtree forests in caves or as you said just a chance for them to appear after cutting down a tree like snakes in Shipwrecked or scorpions in Hamlet. I agree with the watchers being tree guards, i could remake or readjust their design abit to make them more guardian like to fit their role in better way, as for their attacks they could also use rooting snare similar to Fuelweaver or Reanimated Stalker in caves or somekind of trance, but your debuff idea sounds great aswell. I also had a few other concepts for friendlier mobs as animals and perhaps a few structures. To be honest the complete vibe of this biomes atmosphere i get from is Japan ( which is probably intended :wilson_laugh:) and it's interesting folklore and mythology.

Edited by bruhmoment23
  • Thanks 1

bruhmoment23    7397

Made a little sprite size comparison template for upcoming Watcher adjustments, let me know what you think and if you're okay with the current size or should i change something. ( Had to crop out own treeguard sprites off screenshots because i couldnt find any versions of them in diffrent directions or facing back )

cve3.png

Edited by bruhmoment23

ADM    8557

size.png.thumb.png.43ae0d2273cd7a1bbf6e84502de9e532.png

Maybe the Watcher should be that high, I don't know how huge their houses would have to be if we go bigger otherwise ^^

One of my friend also made this :

Spoiler

unknown.png

So we're kinda close of what I had in mind but it is a bit smaller, I'm also satisfied with this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bruhmoment23    7397

Sketch of the watcher "sprite" from face to face perspective, i will add line art, colors, shadows etc. later on aswell as other directions ( left, right, back). I probably added too many unnecessary details, i went with the guardian vibe for him being battered and stalwart. If you'd like something changed in it let me know. As always let me know what you think.

Side note - i may lack abit in the future due to irl but ill do as much as i can, i was also thinking of trying to make a small gif of watchers fighting animation, but ill need to get a program that i used and dont really remember, it wont be anything offical, just a small concept, plus i havent made any gifs in awhile so this should be fun

I'll also leave links to my discord and steam accounts if you'd like to discuss or dm me, im more active there than on forums, thanks alot.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198857122014/

discord tag - Wilson#0150

etg2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ADM    8557

The lil' bell is a great addition so they could do some notes when they walk !

As for the gif, it's it not too much work, I'd like to see that. I'm mostly using Spriter to do gifs, which is what we're using to make animations in Don't Starve as well.

• Like 1