GetNerfedOn

[Showcase] GetNerfedOn's Dragonfruit

gaymime    1132

so how long until they are ripe? do you know what percentage of fruits make it to full development?

GetNerfedOn    5576
7 hours ago, gaymime said:

so how long until they are ripe? do you know what percentage of fruits make it to full development?

28 days more. Also, so far, all of the flowers i've had have fruited provided you ensure proper care and fertilization.

• Thanks 2

gaymime    1132

you can get a pair of large dishes, put something in the middle that is heavy and stable, fill the dishes with water until they are full just under the height of the heavy thing then put your plants on top as a water barrier

GetNerfedOn    5576
5 minutes ago, gaymime said:

you can get a pair of large dishes, put something in the middle that is heavy and stable, fill the dishes with water until they are full just under the height of the heavy thing then put your plants on top as a water barrier

The problem is that:

- there are plenty of electric and tv wires that cross the fruits from above providing pathways for the ants

- the plants themselves are insanely heavy

- even if i could lift them they'd probably break the dishes

The best I can do now is spray the plants down :/

gaymime    1132
1 minute ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The problem is that:

- there are plenty of electric and tv wires that cross the fruits from above providing pathways for the ants

- the plants themselves are insanely heavy

- even if i could lift them they'd probably break the dishes

The best I can do now is spray the plants down :/

applying poisons will render them unsafe for consumption and may stunt the plants' growth

GetNerfedOn    5576
59 minutes ago, gaymime said:

applying poisons will render them unsafe for consumption and may stunt the plants' growth

true this; hence why i'm resorting to diluted lemon juice

although significantly less effective, it's still better than nothing

gaymime    1132

that is fair. i do know that some species of ants abhor clove. we use it in our garden(it deters larger creatures too). if you could tolerate the smell then clove oil is a possibility, just rub it on the outside of the pots every few days(or after it rains)

• Thanks 1

Brubs    1866

Thanks for sharing! I have never seen a dragon fruit irl (they are really rare in my country and havent even found them on supermarkets). Now i know what they look like!

Also big props to your writing, really enjoyed reading your story with the fruit! Also, i can totally relate with things not going the way i planned but congrats for being persistent!