Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

[Game Update] - 403520

Pro7ect    6

Did you remove the additional argument that was supposed to be applied by the upgraded Scorched Earth negotiation card? I was just about to try it out yesterday, but now the description has changed and missing that argument.

pacovf    915

Final boss is still too easy, even on prestige 11, even without negotiating with the priest. It was already on the easy side, but the addition of the Rise/Baron forces shifts the difficulty even further down. It's a very powerful addition for the player.

Is it intended that your allies can trigger Ricochet?

RiC David    12

Very relieved to see an update and read that combat difficulty has been tweaked because while I'm generally fine with tough games, sometime over the last few updates I went from reaching Rook's third day maybe three/four times out of ten to never beating the bog monster* aside from one time when I managed to get all three allies.

I've come to really dislike the ally recruitment negotiation simply because of how much pure luck is required to end the argument once you've managed to win them over - I'm not saying it should be instant but the chance is/was so low that I'd eventually run out of resolve or have lost some of the allies by the time the end negotiation card showed up in my hand. I could be more accepting of this if the battle didn't virtually require me to have all three allies (or perhaps the two best), so here's hoping. There feels like a shortage of composure cards too.

Now there is the chance that there's a strategy to that boss that I'm not employing but it takes such a long time to reach it that I haven't figured it out yet if it exists (e.g. timing the attacking/defending so as to not incur so much damage from all four opponents (three minis and the big one). I actually found myself not feeling like playing through Rook's quest again for a while because it had become a case of 'breeze through it all as quickly and dispassionately as possible until I reach that Day 2 boss, and I *love* this game.

*I've forgotten what it is exactly but it's at the end of the second day after the dead drop

pacovf    915

I assume you mean Bossbit, the robot boss? He does feel much harder than the Flead queen. I don’t really have tips to defeat it, it has no real weakness. You might not actually want all 3 allies though, because its rapid fire attack scales up with number of enemies. I would recommend *not* getting the dog ally. I don’t know if you can get this boss while helping the Rise. I hope not, their allies are considerably weaker than if you’re helping the Barons. 

For the negotiation before that fight, getting all 3 allies is not guaranteed. Whenever you draw the “support” card, you have to ask yourself if you really will be better off by the time you draw it again, especially when negotiating against a Baron, since they scale *hard* with the number of turns. It might be safer to end the negotiation early when you have 2 allies, than to risk losing all your resolve and fighting alone. A lean negotiation deck helps to draw the card when you need it, as does the Sifting Coin. I agree that Rook is short on composure cards, your best source of composure is usually to get a coin that provides 2 composure on Heads.

If you want more practice fighting it, the experimental branch has an “experiment” that allows you to fight it as many times as you want without doing the 2 days beforehand. You will get a random deck from those of people that reached that point in the game.

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 1

RageLeague    1491
2 hours ago, pacovf said:

I assume you mean Bossbit, the robot boss? He does feel much harder than the Flead queen. I don’t really have tips to defeat it, it has no real weakness. You might not actually want all 3 allies though, because its rapid fire attack scales up with number of enemies. I would recommend *not* getting the dog ally. I don’t know if you can get this boss while helping the Rise. I hope not, their allies are considerably weaker than if you’re helping the Barons. 

For the negotiation before that fight, getting all 3 allies is not guaranteed. Whenever you draw the “support” card, you have to ask yourself if you really will be better off by the time you draw it again, especially when negotiating against a Baron, since they scale *hard* with the number of turns. It might be safer to end the negotiation early when you have 2 allies, than to risk losing all your resolve and fighting alone. A lean negotiation deck helps to draw the card when you need it, as does the Sifting Coin. I agree that Rook is short on composure cards, your best source of composure is usually to get a coin that provides 2 composure on Heads.

If you want more practice fighting it, the experimental branch has an “experiment” that allows you to fight it as many times as you want without doing the 2 days beforehand. You will get a random deck from those of people that reached that point in the game.

You can get the rise to fight this boss.

Also you learn a bit more about this world in this route.

• Like 2

Pro7ect    6
On 4/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, Pro7ect said:

Did you remove the additional argument that was supposed to be applied by the upgraded Scorched Earth negotiation card? I was just about to try it out yesterday, but now the description has changed and missing that argument.

I think it was called "Animosity". Can't find it anywhere now. Has anyone used or encountered that argument? That's the one that was supposed to make people dislike you if you didn't remove it before finishing the negotiation.

Edited by Pro7ect

RageLeague    1491
2 minutes ago, Pro7ect said:

I think it was called "Animosity". Can't find it anywhere now. Has anyone used or encountered that argument? That's the one that was supposed to make people dislike you if you didn't remove it before finishing the negotiation.

They already nerfed if before, but they forgot to change the upgrade text after they nerfed it again. The second nerf is the current version, where no animosity is given and only expend cards from discard.

• Like 1

Pro7ect    6
1 minute ago, RageLeague said:

They already nerfed if before, but they forgot to change the upgrade text after they nerfed it again. The second nerf is the current version, where no animosity is given and only expend cards from discard.

I see. Is there a way to get Animosity in the game atm?

RageLeague    1491
44 minutes ago, Pro7ect said:

I see. Is there a way to get Animosity in the game atm?

Not unless you mod the game, or use debug mode, so no.