Charlie Dark

Do you consider yourself as an experienced player?

bruhmoment23    5211
Just now, GetNerfedOn said:

What's the point in your response? What are you being so confrontational about?

Honestly was about to write the same thing, not really sure where he's trying to go, but sure doesnt look like he's going the right way.

GetNerfedOn    5241
1 hour ago, Lizardhiney said:

I'm pretty sure this qualifies as humbe-bragging.

It isn't bragging because

- she isn't putting anybody else down

- she provides a counterpoint in the rest of her argument

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ArubaroBeefalo    2440
4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I honestly have no freaking idea HOW anyone kites safely during the larger hound attacks (since they come at you from _all directions at once_ usually).  I don't get how that physically even WORKS. 

Running kilometres and hitting when you have some of then insolated. Its practise and patience, in this game patience its the key when fighting xd

• Like 3

Charlie Dark    3409
7 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Kiting mobs, using the Crockpot, killing seasonal bosses, surviving: An average player should be able to master these skills.

And according to your skills, you are lacking skills like "playing DST with other players".

I have played with my friends for endless hours, sadly, they still can't kite nightmares, kill deerclops, other seasonal bosses or rush the ruins, even if they stand and look while I'm doing all of these stuff. 

Edited by Charlie Dark

Viktor234    3755
46 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I have played with my friends for endless hours

Playing with friends is something everyone is able to do, you need to play with real strangers, strangers who pick your stuff, burn your base, plant tentacles everywhere, and regenerate your world daily. You can't be experienced if you don't have any experience how to deal with them. Pick any server, join during winter and complete your "achievements" once more.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Charlie Dark    3409
2 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Playing with friends is something everyone is able to do, you need to play with real strangers, strangers who pick your stuff, burn your base, plant tentacles everywhere, and regenerate your world daily. You can't be experienced if you don't have any experience how to deal with them. Pick any server, join during winter and complete your "achievements" once more.

why would I waste my time doing that? are you mad because someone may have griefed your server or something? this is the worst logic I've ever seen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Viktor234    3755
11 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

I would say that I consider myself as an experienced player [...]

1 minute ago, Charlie Dark said:

why would I waste my time doing that? [...] this is the worst logic I've ever seen. 

Well, looks like you're lacking some real experience, thus I wouldn't call you a real experienced player. Perhaps you have experience in solo play, but that's not how DST works.

Q.E.D.

• Confused 1

Charlie Dark    3409
2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

actually this game is harder with people than alone xD

I agree, and I made a huge mistake taking them in the ruins.I should have gone alone.. 

ArubaroBeefalo    2440
Just now, Charlie Dark said:

I agree, and I made a huge mistake taking them in the ruins.I should have gone alone.. 

i have the same problem but i can ask for my friends to play better when they didnt play as much as i did so for having fun i change my playstyle to a more passive one where there is no ruins rush or boss fights in early days. Just making a funtional base with plenty food and helping then to survive hound and shadow atacks. Think about how much time you need to do than kind of things and have patience, they will improve if they listen to you (i have luck with tha, they always ask me for what to do or what to dont do). Its frustrating to dont do some kind of stuff (like klaus 1st winter) or that i must to stop what im doing to revive them (we play with no portal resurection just items) but i die a lot too when i had their skill level . we where 3 playing and they died like 6 times in the first portion of the ruins but was hilarious how they panic with deephsworms

But is normal that they forget to equip armor in a fight or that kind of newbie stuff.. because they are newbies yet

that is in my case, maybe yours is different

• Like 1

Charlie Dark    3409
Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i have the same problem but i can ask for my friends to play better when they didnt play as much as i did so for having fun i change my playstyle to a more passive one where there is no ruins rush or boss fights in early days. Just making a funtional base with plenty food and helping then to survive hound and shadow atacks. Think about how much time you need to do than kind of things and have patience, they will improve if they listen to you (i have luck with tha, they always ask me for what to do or what to dont do). Its frustrating to dont do some kind of stuff (like klaus 1st winter) or that i must to stop what im doing to revive them (we play with no portal resurection just items) but i die a lot too when i had their skill level . we where 3 playing and they died like 6 times in the first portion of the ruins but was hilarious how they panic with deephsworms

But is normal that they forget to equip armor in a fight or that kind of newbie stuff.. because they are newbies yet

that is in my case, maybe yours is different

at this point I don't know if they are careless or if they can't hit anything because of their lag.. that's an other issue 

• Like 1

ShyRo-Zyerenzy    129

Doing the game 100% not skipping any content so yes, i consider myself one.
Obviously this does not mean i only play that style , i don't just play alone everytime i also enjoy joining other servers and contributing to the team at their own phase.

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    2440
Just now, Charlie Dark said:

at this point I don't know if they are careless or if they can't hit anything because of their lag.. that's an other issue 

well is sad when people dont take this "serious". This game demands a lot and if they play just because the can answere the phone meanwhile they are sleeping (i hate that waste of food just because "im crazy" but not even shadows spawning) or stay in the firepit doing nothign is frustrating, is a waste of food that you can use for fight or travel 

so now i have 2 ways of play, my soloworlds that i do what i want when i want and the worlds with my friends that i just go relaxing things to improve the farms so we can be full of resources to start doing stuff without fear of they running out of healing and armor

Viktor234    3755
9 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

If griefers ruin it, it's not my fault,

There are many cases where it's your fault if griefers ruin your game.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I do have experience in co-op, I've rescued my friends multiple times, helped them kill their nightmares, revived them, force-fed them, I've been there when they needed me, gave them advice.

With that experience, you may call yourself a real babysitter. But that's not how players do learn in DST.

13 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

that's not how DST works. [...] that's not how DST is played. [...] If you've got problems with griefers this is different story, and it's not how DST is meant to be played, some people just wanna ruin everything whenever they get the chance. 

I never said that I had problems with griefers, I did just mention that one of the experiences you are lacking is how to deal with newcomers and griefers, especially because you keep saying that that kind of experience is "useless", "waste of time", etc.

• Like 1

Charlie Dark    3409
3 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

There are many cases where it's your fault if griefers ruin your game.

With that experience, you may call yourself a real babysitter. But that's not how players do learn in DST.

I never said that I had problems with griefers, I did just mention that one of the experiences you are lacking is how to deal with newcomers and griefers, especially because you keep saying that that kind of experience is "useless", "waste of time", etc.

then how do they learn? if there's no guidance ? 

CaptainChaotica    5211
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

actually this game is harder with people than alone xD

A-forking-MEN, but I _have_ had some genuinely nice cooperative times with _decent_ people--noobs who were willing to learn and veterans alike!  I've made like, ALL of my Steam friends from playing DST, in fact.

On the other hand, I have indeed actually been griefed.  And then hit on!  BY the griefer.  (Boy, did YOU ever pick the wrong time and place to flirt...)  Then I was accused of catfishing when I played the game (by his standards, anyway) "well".  (Man, I didn't set OUT to have all the negative female-gamer-experience cliches in one hour.  It just happened!)

Then there was that time with the....threat...that was said to the player playing WENDY...Let's just say I kept those chat logs as _evidence_, and move on.

Then there's the idiot who slept away my entire tent AND lean-to AND picked all the bee-box flowers for his sanity, in JUST. A FEW.  _DAYS_, then whacked a beefalo in a herd and wouldn't get out of base when fire hounds, even though we'd shown him where the traps were and were yelling repeatedly "GO TO THE TRAPS!!"

This was in the SAME session as the classic WX Who Grabs All Your Gears, only in this case with a twist:  He was trying to freaking BLACKMAIL me out of them!  He was literally like, "I'll go away and stop being annoying (and by "being annoying" I mean, _not letting me into MY OWN FRIDGE_) "...if you let me have these gears. "  So...you'll stop annoying me if I just LET you do _the specfic thing you're annoying me about_.   Um.  I'm actually the admin of this server, so how 'bout I just kick you.  'Kay?  'Kay.  (Oldbies to the forums may remember these stories as "The Night of Jerkface and Dumbarse" (Attourneys at Law!), in the _original_ "Tips On How To Be Courteous To Other Players" thread.)

I don't need to go get experiences with bad players.  I've HAD them, and I wouldn't recommend them to _anyone_.  Go have a GOOD time with the game and leave the misery at things like work and school!

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Haha 1

Sweaper    633

No, I still haven't figure out how to survive without a light and food source. So I'm pretty much the same as a day 1 noob.

Edit: And I can't kite with predictive mode when I'm not the host. Yeah, I'm pretty awful at this game.

Edited by Sweaper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lizardhiney    538
6 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

It isn't bragging because

- she isn't putting anybody else down

- she provides a counterpoint in the rest of her argument

"I'm pretty sure this qualifies as humble-bragging"

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/humblebrag/

WHAT DOES HUMBLEBRAG MEAN?

"Ugh, my phone is so old! I'm embarrassed to take it with me during my dates with supermodels and actors."

When you want to boast but pretend to be modest about it or gripe about something most people would desire, you're humblebragging. The term, and practice, is especially common on social media.