Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JustMikey

4 player splitscreen!!

JustMikey    21

There should be a 4 player split screen.They will provide more fun for all players and be a better dont starve experience

You might even get a better play count becuase most games with four player splitscreen are usually bought for fun couch gaming!!

Please let Klei see this!!!!!!!!!

Willywo    41

nope, it will make it narrow and the writing on the icon is difficult to read

and maybe they should go the extra mile to make it, rather than they make it better they focus on updating new characters and continuing to develop updates turn of the tides

Mike23Ua    5853

I have a massively large almost theater sized TV, I’ve always had a huge TV for the few games back on N64, GameCube, Xbox Original, PlayStation One Etc... that used the 4-player Splitscreen function.

I GUESS if your TV was big enough... having everyone’s info all on screen at  once wouldn’t be a problem, but on Smaller TV’s I can easily see it becoming a Nightmare to actually try and play.

Now If/When DST comes to Nintendo Switch Lite.. (yes that’s a real console) I could easily see 4 player Splitscreen working on that.. but that’s a different case because each player has their own IPad Sized screen to play on and your TV would just show what’s going on in everyone’s screens at once.

Great for streaming Co-Op stuff, not so good if your wanting to play PvP and not have others cheat and watching your screen.

The TL:DR- If this shows up anywhere it’ll probably be a Nintendo Exclusive feature that gives players wanting 4p split screen, an incentive to pick the game up on a Nintendo Console.

Illumina    285

My brother doesn't has a computer, neither can afford one and i want to introduce him to DST, sadly there's no splitscreen, which it would be a cool feature to add in DST.

Toros    1642

I don’t want to be mean, but it’s clear that several people in this thread are out of touch with the realities of game development.

Split screen would be a huge waste of developer time and resources and would be a horrifically bad decision to add at this point.

DST would not get additional sales from that feature being added, not many people would play splitscreen (as they already own their own copy and computer) and it would be taking the place of new content that probably would actually make Klei money.

Mike23Ua    5853
2 hours ago, Ismael Marin said:

My brother doesn't has a computer, neither can afford one and i want to introduce him to DST, sadly there's no splitscreen, which it would be a cool feature to add in DST.

Two player split screen does exist on console, I’m not sure if that’s a feature on PC though.. maybe if you had two controllers plugged up instead of KB and Mouse? Idk :( 

Superlucas1231    1278

tbh split screen for Don't starve alone sounds nice. 

But yeah, I don't think split screen would be popular enough with the player base to justify halting the already slow reworks/updates/etc.  

Rma209    66
On 4/4/2020 at 12:02 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Now If/When DST comes to Nintendo Switch Lite.. (yes that’s a real console) I could easily see 4 player Splitscreen working on that.. but that’s a different case because each player has their own IPad Sized screen to play on and your TV would just show what’s going on in everyone’s screens at once.

The Nintendo switch tablet has less parts/specs. I think its more in line with a high end portable. I don't know it its up for it.

Illumina    285
On 4/4/2020 at 3:29 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Two player split screen does exist on console, I’m not sure if that’s a feature on PC though.. maybe if you had two controllers plugged up instead of KB and Mouse? Idk :( 

We already tried. 

JustMikey    21
On 4/4/2020 at 3:25 AM, Willywo said:

nope, it will make it narrow and the writing on the icon is difficult to read

and maybe they should go the extra mile to make it, rather than they make it better they focus on updating new characters and continuing to develop updates turn of the tides

But if you had a large screen then you would be able to play 4 player splitscreen.I mean look at minecraft they already have 4 player splitscreen and it looks fine.

On 4/4/2020 at 8:48 PM, Toros said:

I don’t want to be mean, but it’s clear that several people in this thread are out of touch with the realities of game development.

Split screen would be a huge waste of developer time and resources and would be a horrifically bad decision to add at this point.

DST would not get additional sales from that feature being added, not many people would play splitscreen (as they already own their own copy and computer) and it would be taking the place of new content that probably would actually make Klei money.

But console players would benefit from this as they would be able to invite friends and family over!!

Maybe this can be an update in future?

On 4/4/2020 at 9:43 AM, Nino123 said:

you mean like in this (old) genesis game from my childhood, that actually reminds me DST?  

Kind of..But 4 players this time!!

Dunk Mujunk    1748

Me and the wife play split screen on PS4 and after about 4 game years the lag becomes a problem. Our most recent world is 1000+ days and the lag is pretty much unbearable. With lag compensation off (I think) there is heavy rubber-banding, with lag compensation on the controls are slightly delayed and feel floaty, making precise kiting patterns difficult (I may have them mixed up). With 2/4 player split screen you are basically rendering the world 2/4 times on 1 system.

JustMikey    21
13 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Me and the wife play split screen on PS4 and after about 4 game years the lag becomes a problem. Our most recent world is 1000+ days and the lag is pretty much unbearable. With lag compensation off (I think) there is heavy rubber-banding, with lag compensation on the controls are slightly delayed and feel floaty, making precise kiting patterns difficult (I may have them mixed up). With 2/4 player split screen you are basically rendering the world 2/4 times on 1 system.

Yeah but i feel like at least that they could fix up on the splitscreen issues and add in 4 player splitscreen.Maybe!?:?

I agree with you. Ive wanted 3-4 player splitscreen fir a while. If 4 player wouldnt work for sizes of menus and writing a three player might work. It could work