Ogrecakes

DST "Uncompromising Mode" Mod has (finally) been released!

oh, if only my computer wasn't as bad as if it was made by an overripe pomegranate, i would make a server about this

Great idea, where did you pull inspiration for most of these ideas, since i believe some things were from klei forums, but not things like rat raids and acid rain

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

Great idea, where did you pull inspiration for most of these ideas, since i believe some things were from klei forums, but not things like rat raids and acid rain

Most of the ideas were hatched on the community discord. Feel free to join and suggest changes and additions! A link can be found in the workshop page.

Sunset Skye    8255

Those mini-toadstool guys look amazing, that's like a Klei-tier reskin that fits in absolutely perfectly, and I'm a sucker for any kind of rook.

The rest of the mobs though feel super out of place. The snow grubs feel more like a Binding of Isaac recolor than a Klei mob, the worms are an okay idea but feel just a bit too out of the art style, and the rats are just... boring. Animals in DS usually aren't just that animal, they've got some sort of twist. The rabbits are jackalopes, the butterflies are actually made of butter, the frogs have horns, etc, but these rats are just... rats.

I can't speak on the rest of the content here, I'm okay with the game's current balancing and difficulty and such so it's just not for me, but the amount of effort put in here is great and I wanted to throw in some feedback on some stuff that stands out to me.

• Thanks 3

Terra M Welch    3902

Honestly the rats are likely going to be the one reason I don't play this mod. Sounds annoying and tedious more then it would be fun and challenging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1