ptar124

Mob-specific damage and Abigail

ptar124    17
3 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Thank you for pointing out the rook's damage to non-players. I consider this a bug as that is more than deerclops deals out. That said, I have to figure out what the motive was for this before changing it.

Thank you for the timely reply! If it's not too much to ask, can you reply to this thread once you find out what's going on?

csc_unit    1,228
11 hours ago, ptar124 said:

Proposal 1: Treat damage against Abigail as equal to damage against players.
Proposal 2: Reduce mob-specific damage done by rooks. Let's admit it, 200 is just too much against any kind of mob, Abigail or not.

Yes and Yes!

Thank you I never noticed the numbers, now I know exactly why my instinct about Abi's survival gainst those enemies was so off! This fix is really important and I don't understand why devs haven't changed that for Abi. Still, she would not be viable for these fights, but this is just unreasonable at the moment. 

• Like 1

Terra M Welch    2,978

Honestly I don't think that the mob damage is that big of a deal, but that's just me.

I do believe in the code though the damage to mobs is the mob's actual damage and that they get a damage multiplier to players.

Like the damage value for deerclops is actually 150 it's just that if the target is a player it adds a player damage multiplier which for deerclops(and other giants) is 0.5x, hence why deerclops does 75 to players.

I think this multiplier is 0.33x for treeguards and 0.225x for clockwork rooks.

Anywho personally I don't mind the multipliers, if anything else it just encourages preparing more.

Terra M Welch    2,978
44 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

The code in question is from single player DS, so this has always been the case. I'm reluctant to change it as @xFleury pointed out, a number of people use this to their advantage. I will still keep this in mind going forward, but for the time being it will remain as is. Sorry.

Honestly I'm fine with the mob damage to abigail with the exception being rooks.

I don't mind the 200 damage to other mobs, but maybe make it 45 damage specifically for abigail? Bosses doing increased damage is understandable I just think the rooks is a little awkward.

(Edit: Honestly though even the rooks aren't a big deal, I've dealt with plenty of rooks without abigail, I was merely giving an idea. I honestly don't mind the tradeoff of rooks being able to plow down other mobs in exchange for abigail being one of those mobs, honestly watching a damaged rook plow down a conga line of shadow splumonkies is super satisfying)

Edited by Terra M Welch
Personal thoughts.

ptar124    17
8 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

I don't mind the 200 damage to other mobs, but maybe make it 45 damage specifically for abigail? Bosses doing increased damage is understandable I just think the rooks is a little awkward.

This is the point I'm trying to make. It's awkward when rooks are the only normal mob that outright denies Abigail from existing.

8 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Honestly though even the rooks aren't a big deal, I've dealt with plenty of rooks without abigail, I was merely giving an idea. I honestly don't mind the tradeoff of rooks being able to plow down other mobs in exchange for abigail being one of those mobs

It's not an issue killing rooks without Abigail either, as I said before. It's just dumb that Abigail isn't able to contribute at all. Am I going to die to this? Absolutely not.

9 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

The code in question is from single player DS, so this has always been the case. I'm reluctant to change it as @xFleury pointed out, a number of people use this to their advantage. I will still keep this in mind going forward, but for the time being it will remain as is. Sorry.

In single player DS, rooks have 300 health. You can easily kill it before any one rook gets 2 or more charges into Abigail. I also use rook damage to my advantage to ram down bishops and knights, but Abigail being included in that sounds at least a little bit odd.

• Like 1