ScottHansen

[Game Update] - 401443

21 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

"I can't stand that I have to be at one health point in order for Abigail to do any meaningful damage. Why can't they change it to be affected by like sanity or something? It's too hard to manage even for veteran players, I liked the day-night damage format."

VS

"I can't stand that Klei made Abigail too easy to play; there's no skill required to use her, and the health format was a better challenge than this. Why doesn't Klei cater to the veterans ever?"

....I mean.....eh?

I think it's different people making each argument. I didn't react in the forums much to Rework 1.0 because I was testing her in-game during my free hours the whole week, and had no time left to type up all of my thoughts here.

I see the irony though : 3

• Like 2

Mr. Despair    148
1 hour ago, Owlrus98 said:

"I can't stand that I have to be at one health point in order for Abigail to do any meaningful damage. Why can't they change it to be affected by like sanity or something? It's too hard to manage even for veteran players, I liked the day-night damage format."

VS

"I can't stand that Klei made Abigail too easy to play; there's no skill required to use her, and the health format was a better challenge than this. Why doesn't Klei cater to the veterans ever?"

....I mean.....eh?

"Group X that said something vs Group Y which said something different, lol the irony xd"

• Thanks 1

One thing I will say if these refreshes keep going the way of pure power climbs which I'm ok if it does I do feel like kiel should revisit characters with more punishing downsides and time consuming perks like warly and wurt because the effort to reach the full extent of their perks vs the other refreshed characters doesn't come close.

CremeLover    211
5 hours ago, Cuikui said:

@CremeLover How do you get 0.45 and 0.9 second for the duration of the animations ?

Spriter gives me 0.5 and 1 second.

Checking the animation again, it does last for a full second, but the animation assets for the upgraded shield appear at milisecond 100 of the animation, and now that I look at it, I also notice they dissapear at 967, so there are 867 miliseconds of actual animation and 133 seconds of padding.

Since I wasn't sure how the game handled the animations, and spriter is an alien program to me, so I just converted it to a more familiar animated gif and measure the length of it, and it seems spriter cut the empty frames when exporting the animation.

So yes, that's where the 0.45 and 0.9 come in. Spriter chopping it off when exporting.

The game probably uses the full animation and not just the frames that have assets, so you're most likely right it does use 0.5 and 1s respectively. Thanks for noting.

• Like 1

Cleyven    3

Why not keep both damage multiplier mechanics? Time of the day based damage, and Wendy's health reduction/Abigail increase damage. Don't see why that would be an issue and I believe both would fit the character.
My "issue" with the rework was that the tonics lasted very little time, and that Abigail was still slower than Wendy when normally walking, The rest was great! 
So i'm very happy with the new update I would only ask that Abigail speed would match Wendys speed (like the little new ghost we have to assist does).

Again, thank you very much for taking care of us and the game Klei, you guys are awesome!

Edited by Cleyven
  • Like 2

DwerBomb    6,115

Oh thank goodness the new tonic still uses the stinger, those things end up filling so much space in base!! Although if it was to be stinger+nightmare fuel it would be even better

Thank you for the update, I am loving this rework :)

Edited by DwerBomb
  • Like 2

359368170    1,115

Game crash while Abigail attack the Eyeplant

Spoiler

5e7ca4cc215a7_QQ20200326204533.thumb.png.70c545303867a62e8fce76062c666cb7.png

Already fixed this morning. THX KLei :D

Edited by 359368170
  • Like 1

camelot    182

I’m a bit disappointed because the health-tied damage have gone. I found this play style much more interesting than day/night damage. Having Wendy at 30-50HP and extra 10-15 damage from Abigail sound ideal for me

Edited by camelot
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I kind of miss the mechanic since I was fighting alongside abigail because I couldn't have her tank and... I almost entirely ignored the fact that I was at 1hp by riding a beefalo, and that kind of defeats the point, doesn't it? If it still existed, it would have to cap out when wendy's at around 40 hp so she's still able to fight when armored. That, or make it temporary or somehow exhaust abigail to make it clear this is a plan B and not a good idea. But changing it this many times would be a lot of effort.

As always my soul resonates with everything swanky said.

Edited by Confused Rock

Deerclops, the first boss where wendy's damage modifier really needs to be considered, is able to kill abigail in five hits. Abigail will not dodge deerclops. This is one of many situations where wendy won't be able to compensate for her lower damage, and there it really matters. I completely disagree that wendy has no downsides, and that recent changes have made for fewer and fewer downsides. A lot of characters have negligible downsides! The oldest character to have any awful ones is webber.

It has always felt weird to me though that wendy's only downside is that she's worse in combat while her upside is that she's better in it.

• Like 4