New Characters  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Klei keep adding new characters to DST beyond the last one planned?

2. 2. Should Klei keep porting DS characters like they did with Warly?

• Yes, some would be really cool to have
    • No, the remaining characters wouldn't work on DST.
    • Undecided / Other

Since everyone’s talking about who should replace Charlie I would like to talk about a weird dream I had the other night.

I dreamed that Aliens were Abducting humans and “copying” their DNA.. they could get the entire body down matched perfectly.. it was the Face that was all off.. it looked blank.. they could match your hair and your ears, but when they turned around it’s like a blank Canvas.. no eyes, no nose or mouth or facial hair it was essentially You- But it couldn’t copy your face and it would remain to be a flat surface of skin.

The reason I bring this up is because we have no idea what those Gashalts are doing to us when they go through us, Or If the Nightmare Throne is copying us into shadows.

I just think it would be absolutely horrifying to see Wendy from the Back view with her long blonde hair peacefully cooking food in a crockpot or messing around with a Sisturn or storage box, and when you get close to her it turn out that ain’t Wendy at all and it starts attacking you.

That to me would be what THEM should be, Exact copies of the games cast “even having their Reworked abilities to attack you with” BUT without a face at all just a Flat blank surface of skin.. they would obviously have a few extra “Shadow” Powers too though.

You guys are Welcome for the Nightmare I just gave you. <3

6 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Maybe not on the throne himself, but a puppet by Them and Charlie. His interest in nightmare fuel could have rendered him easily corruptible and maybe as a boss in the game, he drops blueprints for his buildings when defeated.

Possibly, him being a boss in the game I find really inhuman but it would be an interesting boss fight being the first boss fight in which you fight a human/intelligent being.

48 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Possibly, him being a boss in the game I find really inhuman but it would be an interesting boss fight being the first boss fight in which you fight a human/intelligent being.

Since I play a billion other games, I don’t seeing it being so far fetched, you ever played the game Ark Survival Evolved? Do you remember the very important lore diaries you would collect from the survivors who came before you? Particularly the one for a man known as Rockwell?

Spoiler

Well anyway not one, not two, but THREE large DLC expansions later- Rockwell becomes the main boss of the third DLC Expansion, only he’s no longer human at all and has been mutated beyond recognition into some Behemoth monster.

This isn’t the first time a game has used an idea like that though- Sonic the Hedgehog has done it, Saints Row, Elder Scrolls/Skyrim, Resident Evil, State of Decay, Dying Light.. it may be something completely new to DST. 

But it’s also an idea they’ve probably already had floating around in their own Klei Studio for Forever considering how Drastic Maxwell himself changes in appearance from Chapter to Chapter of Solo DS Adventure.

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:
Spoiler

Since I play a billion other games, I don’t seeing it being so far fetched, you ever played the game Ark Survival Evolved? Do you remember the very important lore diaries you would collect from the survivors who came before you? Particularly the one for a man known as Rockwell?

Well anyway not one, not two, but THREE large DLC expansions later- Rockwell becomes the main boss of the third DLC Expansion, only he’s no longer human at all and has been mutated beyond recognition into some Behemoth monster.

Spoilers, my man.

Off-topic, my man.

I won't mind seeing more characters in the future, but i do think Klei should focus on more content right now.

I really can't decide if we should get characters from DS and it's DLC though. On one hand i rather have original character's to play as, but on the other we might see them as interesting as Warly.

1 minute ago, RogueGamer12 said:

I won't mind seeing more characters in the future, but i do think Klei should focus on more content right now.

I really can't decide if we should get characters from DS and it's DLC though. On one hand i rather have original character's to play as, but on the other we might see them as interesting as Warly.

I prefer new characters or reworked characters over limited time events.

I Want content I will play for long periods of time, not something that’s only around for a few weeks then removed from the game.

Playable Characters, Their Skills and how they play is what you spend 85% of the game playing with... it’s what makes each of the (Reworked) Characters Unique and Interesting to play as...

the Other 15% of Gameplay is exploring the game map and combating its hazards.

If Klei could only choose to do one- We have plenty of variety in playable characters, the game is lacking in the world content department.

I say this Because there are some amazing PC mods out there that adds color, variety, New Biomes, new mobs, and Merges Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge and Forge content all into the base game... This is Content a Console player like myself will only ever see if Klei feels generous enough to turn those mods into actual game content.

Theres got to be a list of the best PC mods right???? Surely Klei knows what’s popular and fun and what could be ported to console to continue to add life to the game.

I would LOVE to be able to play as a non-human, Animal mob.. there are Mods for that on PC, So it’s nothing NEW to them.. for Console players however we would die for content like that.

I guess the TL:DR- I’m 50/50 on more World Content, and More Unique Playable Characters/Reworks.

because BOTH need to happen. I also understand that due to Covid-19 that Developers will understandably be extremely limited in what they choose to spend their time working on. :( 

17 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Maybe not on the throne himself, but a puppet by Them and Charlie. His interest in nightmare fuel could have rendered him easily corruptible and maybe as a boss in the game, he drops blueprints for his buildings when defeated.

I sweat thinking about fighting a Waggstaff with nightmere equipment and his infroggles

Archived