Sign in to follow this  
ScottHansen

[Game Update] - 400698

Thalkas    1225
40 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

:( only This one is on sale.. but not Lureplant. 

B97A1D68-5750-487C-B553-AAAE98646169.jpeg

Because Lureplant wasn't and isn't avaiable to buy, like every other costium from costium collection. So how Klei can do sale on skin when it isn't in Klei in-game shop or steam page?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QuartzBeam    1319

I really hope there's a number fix on the way for Abigail's damage and maybe some of her potions too.

I understand that she cannot be too strong given that she is now available 24/7 (unlike the Weremoose, for example), but her damage formula currently offers too little reward for too much risk.

Even making the formula linear instead of quadratic (so she'd have +20 dmg/sec when Wendy was at 50% health) would be a huge improvement.

• Like 3

KCDA    540
24 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

It says when a new day begins, not when day begins. I think it means when the clock rolls over to a new day, not whenever day starts specifically.

We won't know until someone checks the code. This wouldn't be the first time something like this happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    5704

So uhh not sure if it’s a bug or not but I’m noticing on the Xbox One that eating food is hardly healing Health points at all anymore.

I personally LOVE it.. so please don’t fix this if it is an Unintentional glitch.

Healing should be done by healing items anyway... not munching down some food.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

QuartzBeam    1319
40 minutes ago, Br Whity said:

image.png.82ca2a36488e4407fbf119b1da6b8227.png this is potion have bug, does not increase defense, I tested against koalefant.

Just came here to say this. With Wendy at full health, Abigail lost the same amount of health (roughly) with and without Unyielding Draught.

I checked the code and as far as I can tell, Abigail now has a split second forcefield that triggers when she is hit and blocks attacks while it lasts. But if you use the defense or the retaliation potion, that forcefield is upgraded to be stronger or deal damage respectively.

At least, that's what is supposed to happen. There seems to be no code that gives the defense potion any special function... apart from making the forcefield visual bigger. The retaliation one seems to work though...

Edited by QuartzBeam
typo
  • Thanks 4

Pikapikap    664

Wendy's refresh may have to refer to three previously redone characters: winona, willow, and woody. Each of the three roles has its own distinct identity as a "toolman". Firewoman + bear tank, willow tape saving + slingshot boss array, woody tree detection + all - around warrior. But where is Wendy going with this redo? Just the appearance level of the ghost sisters? Return SAN building although sweet, can also not be fundamental. This is not very successful because it increases the cost of operations without sufficient return. Think about it plz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

loading_wendy_blogpostart.thumb.png.945375704501fdfd6b130d115e51f9f9.png

I can't totally see it, but I think the name on the paper in the upper right corner is "Abigail Lilian Carter".

I love these little lore pieces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Mike23Ua    5704
15 minutes ago, joker177 said:

Wendy's refresh may have to refer to three previously redone characters: winona, willow, and woody. Each of the three roles has its own distinct identity as a "toolman". Firewoman + bear tank, willow tape saving + slingshot boss array, woody tree detection + all - around warrior. But where is Wendy going with this redo? Just the appearance level of the ghost sisters? Return SAN building although sweet, can also not be fundamental. This is not very successful because it increases the cost of operations without sufficient return. Think about it plz

No... and I now know why. Wendy can not create her own flowers.

The Sisturn requires Flower petals to be powered up.... could you imagine how OP Wendy would be if she had endless supply of flowers without having to work for or go hunt them down?

I see now why it was nerfed. 

• Thanks 1

Pikapikap    664
8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No... and I now know why. Wendy can not create her own flowers.

The Sisturn requires Flower petals to be powered up.... could you imagine how OP Wendy would be if she had endless supply of flowers without having to work for or go hunt them down?

I see now why it was nerfed. 

You don't see what I mean.I mean the rest of it. if you have done a full test yourself will understand what I mean

• Like 1

Spaartan    1074

This makes it better, but I would still like to see Abby get better stats in general, if that could happen, I'd be very happy.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    5704
40 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Hi everyone. 

I just wanted to let you all know we are reading your concerns about Abigail's damage and elixirs. Although she will never be as good as Bernie at 1v1 (AOE is her strong suit) there is definitely some room to work with and the feeling of "it's either me or her" in combat is not what we were going for. We are considering your feedback and will discuss it in the office (well in a video chat since we are all working from home) on Monday.

As for Abigail's shield, upon taking damage, it will block subsequent hits for the duration of the effect. Using the Unyielding Draught elixir extends the duration of the shield effect. We will adjust the effect animations to help emphasize this.

Please keep proving you feedback. We love to hear what our players think.

Please make it so that NON-WENDY players can not pick up Mourning Glory... it is really weird to see myself get hit by Frog Rain and then have a Webber Swoop in and take them while I am avoiding frogs when he can’t even use them AT ALL...

This is Wendy’s most Valuable resource, exclusive to her, used in crafting Abigail Flowers and in Ectoherbolgy.. so what is Webber doing with it???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Theetis said:

I believe Abby should still target butterflies when riled up; the problem was that she was targeting befriended and summoned creatures such as Glommer, Bernie and befriended Pigmen, Bunnymen etc.

I also think that either Abigail or the ectoherbology potions should have their numbers tweaked a bit, because they are a bit underwhelming and end up achieving the effects that Abigail had for free before the rework.

I especially agree about the butterflies. That part specifically should be reverted back. Maybe it is overpowered or too easy but it's a really nice advantage to have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Shosuko    2230

I am confused as to why people were having trouble with Abigail killing glommer...  why are you keeping Abi riled up all the time?  You can turn that off and she'll still respond if you enter combat...  Gonna miss that angry abi.

Also - bee farming is so much harder now that she kinda avoids bees even when riled up...  I walked through some hornet nests with her riled up and she was extremely bad at engaging with them, and kept running away from them and me.

6 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Although she will never be as good as Bernie at 1v1 (AOE is her strong suit) there is definitely some room to work with and the feeling of "it's either me or her" in combat is not what we were going for. We are considering your feedback and will discuss it in the office (well in a video chat since we are all working from home) on Monday.

Okay... you say "she'll never be as good as Bernie in 1v1" yet Willow has no damage penalty and honestly that damage penalty really adds up in boss fights...  Without Abigail putting out more damage isn't Wendy just shafted in every boss fight?

Was Bernie supposed to be a boss fighting pet?  I kinda thought he was aggro / control and the extremely unique ability to fight shadows.  If Bernie is going to be the dps / boss pet holding Abigail to strictly worse stats for big fights, maybe Wendy needs to out-grow her damage penalty?

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

CremeLover    235
1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

I am confused as to why people were having trouble with Abigail killing glommer...  why are you keeping Abi riled up all the time?  You can turn that off and she'll still respond if you enter combat...  Gonna miss that angry abi.

Well, once you see abigail attacked glommer once, you just needed to be careful and turf her off when nearby.

Is not complaining for the sake of complaining, is just that I'd like to remove from her attack pool mobs that you never want attacked, and since this rework was mostly QoL based, I asked to fix some QoL detractors that got added in the update, such as attacking tamed beefalo. I never intended to turn off her aggro that much, she doesn't even aggro on Mctusk now when the morse is one tile away from her.

• Like 1