Sign in to follow this  
Demolition_Phil

Don't Starve crash on start

Hi everyone,

a friend bought today the game Don't Starve so he become 2 copies of this game. (One he has given me.) So i registered the key on steam and i downloaded the game... . Then i wanted to start it.

First the "window" of the game comes like that http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7418/dontstarvepic.png (I have hidden the icons in the background) then it crashed. In the "bin" folder i found some files named like: "dontstarve_steam....mdmp".

So can anyone help me why this happens evertime when i try to start it?

Sorry for my bad english.

Demolition_Phil

Byear89    10

To find the game files you have to go to program files (x86)> steam > steamapps > common > don't starve > bin

As for what you do with those files, I have no Idea, Kevin has asked for the log.txt file from me. I am having the same issue.

My log.txt contains nearly the same only the order of the rows are a little bit different:

THREAD - started 'GAClient' (1988)

HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()

Starting up

cGame::InitializeOnMainThread

Corey    261

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up! We're looking into these issues and just put a thread up relating to anyone having problems running the Steam build: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?1314-Issue-Steam-Version-Not-Working-for-You

It also has some things you can try that worked for other people (I'll keep updating it as I find more cases). Otherwise, we'll be back in the office on Tuesday after holiday and will be working on fixes!

Don't Starve is already working for me since the last update. (But i could not say it here because there was no "Edit" or "Reply" Button...). Really good game ;).

Thanks for the support.

MfG Demolition_Phil

Edited by Demolition_Phil

Sign in to follow this