Wendy's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

23 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

JoeW would be proud as to what this rework announcement has become

why...i don't know if klei censors allow me to voice my main...complaint....but why this...W H Y

There is nothing wrong with this, it’s Klei game characters aged and matured in the Art Style Of the Sailor Moon tv series.

in fact I wouldn’t mind seeing MORE of these, Wes and Wilson in Sailor Moon Art styles to be exact.

But- With a 5 day wait ahead of us before we know more about Wendy’s Refresh and her Ectoherbology there’s not a lot that any of us can really do except sit and wait.

I really want to know more in particular about Pipspook... are these mobs only Wendy can see.. or will everyone be able to see them (but Wendy is the only one with interactions with them?)

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

@watermelen671 QUICK! POST SAILOR MOONSWELL

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

There is nothing wrong with this, it’s Klei game characters aged and matured in the Art Style Of the Sailor Moon tv series.

in fact I wouldn’t mind seeing MORE of these, Wes and Wilson in Sailor Moon Art styles to be exact.

But- With a 5 day wait ahead of us before we know more about Wendy’s Refresh and her Ectoherbology there’s not a lot that any of us can really do except sit and wait.

I really want to know more in particular about Pipspook... are these mobs only Wendy can see.. or will everyone be able to see them (but Wendy is the only one with interactions with them?)

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

image.thumb.png.8eafb47b4d5ba246adac5a667aee2fb4.png

Ahem. Note to self, Wumpus. If you wish for a succesful lineage, don't post complaints, much like modern politics

actually *crumples paper*, just why does wendy and willow have cleavage. i did not want to use that word but you people think i meant sailor moon in general. why

Just now, minespatch said:

Cause Chaotica used a dollmaker.:wilson_ecstatic:

don't know what that is, i assume it just naturally gives the...feature...to the character...

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Willow's like, 32. What'd you expect? :wilson_curious:

yes but what about Wendy. Wendy is smol girl and this happened.

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Hm...what was the canonical age Joe nuked on us over in Maxwell Memes?

I need to know before I continue with the argument I have in mind.

im surprised this became an argument to begin with. let's get to the closing statements before this becomes an internet argument like the ancient guardian cheesable thread

Please be respectable about what you choose to post, or not post.. This thread isn’t about Art pictures- It’s about Wendy’s upcoming Refresh next week on March 19th!

As a Wendy main, I am super excited to have more interaction with Abigail and Ghosts in General.. I wish we knew a lot more about Ectoherbology.

OR for that matter Rather or not the Wendy Refresh will come with any additional content updates or will it just be Wendy’s Refresh itself.

Theres no solid Info on any of that and I’m genuinely worried that Covid-19 could bring the world to a complete halt.

I watched Smackdown for the first time EVER last night without an Audience at all... it was Weird, then Jimmy Kimmel show also has no Audience... I’ve been around for quite awhile and this is a FIRST time EVER for me.

Not just for me though.. my grandmother who is in her 70’s says it’s the first time she’s ever seen anything like it as well. :( 

1 minute ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

im surprised this became an argument to begin with. let's get to the closing statements before this becomes an internet argument like the ancient guardian cheesable thread

On 10/3/2019 at 5:26 PM, JoeW said:

Note, we have decided to officially state that Wendy is between 8 and 10 years old. Previously we wanted to leave it up to interpretation but we've decided we want it to be clear going forward.

Okay, now with that in mind...I have no argument. 

sippiguess.png.a304154d8e24f880f2b13e9387896924.png

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Hm...what was the canonical age Joe nuked on us over in Maxwell Memes?

I need to know before I continue with the argument I have in mind.

8-10 years old. Oh, and i'll also get some popcorn in case a flame war starts.

5 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Klei is currently doing at-home work. So stuff's still getting done.

It would be super cool to be able to work from home and actually get as much (if not more) accomplished then you would at the office.

In a way I hope that the Corona Virus Changes the way the gaming Industry as a whole works & even AFTER Corona clears up They can still more easily work on games in the comfort of their own homes & not have to spend all that time away from their families hard at work for consumers like us.

But for the WWE to have no Audience in attendance at all was just plain Eerie feeling. :( -shivers-

Hopefully things go back to normal sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

yes but what about Wendy. Wendy is smol girl and this happened.

Dollmakers... It's a game where you take existing art and add colors and fashions to. IT's not Chaotica's fault the dollmaker only had adult bodies.:wilson_shocked:

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

In a way I hope that the Corona Virus Changes the way the gaming Industry as a whole works & even AFTER Corona clears up They can still more easily work on games in the comfort of their own homes & not have to spend all that time away from their families hard at work for consumers like us.

Clownfishtv just mentioned that on one of their videos recently about the cartoon industry. They used Toy Story 2's story as a example due to a female animator saving the film from being lost.

Yeah, kinda like that, but not.  But you've definitely got the right basic idea.  : P

The Sailor Moon dollmaker gives everyone shading in that area; even if they're wearing a full shirt with a high collar you can still see the shape..I can't do anything about it.  I already apologised about the short skirts.  There is another option, but it's for like queens/princesses and wouldn't have the Sailor Senshi look anymore.  It's either way too short or hella long/flowy.  I'd delete the picture from my post, but now that it's been quoted--what's the point?  That wouldn't actually take it OFF THE THREAD where it can't bother people anymore, after all...

At any rate, obviously that's an _aged up_ Wendy.  (Willow is supposed to be in her 20s, so apart from the weird SUPER long legs they all have, I don't really see a problem there.)  There is NO WAY IN HELL I'd draw _canon_ Wendy in an outfit like that.  You know this (and if you didn't before, you do now).  When we've had....discussions previously about whether "it's just a drawing, bruh" is okay or not, I've always been firmly on the side of not.  Not many dollmakers have body-shape options; it's not really a common feature.  Unfortunately.  Some do, but not often. The Steven Universe one and the Glitter Cure dollmaker at Doll Divine both do, including an option to have a _completely_ flat chest as well as shortness and stubbiness in the SU one. I've also made Don't Starve characters on THAT...

dontstarvegems.png.15e84a88c610a87137b87552fd3f1886.png

There.  Now Wendy has her proper figure.  She's blue, but we can't have everything.  (She's a Moonstone--it seemed appropriate.  Willow is of course a Ruby, because fire powers.  "I'm an eternal flame, baby!"  Oh, and I don't know how well you can see it, but I gave her a CRACKED gem.  Because...well, yeah, she ain't quite right in the head...)  

Why so many of these?  Well, first of all I actually made them spaced apart, mostly--by months or even years in one case.  And why in the first place is...I dunno.  I just like taking things with limited options and seeing HOW close I can get to a canon character's appearance, with what I have.  Especially if it's against the style or even _genre_ of the dollmaker in question.  Like, if you say "This is for science fiction and superhero characters" I'm'a immediately try to make a fantasy medieval princess, or a regular-looking modern person.  It's just how I do.

Anyway, Sailor Moonswell is AMAZING.  XD  I never knew I needed Grumpy Sailor Moon in a pinstriped suit in my life, but now I have it and I love it.  :D

As for the Coronavirus changing gaming...well, I know ONE way it is : Plague Inc is suddenly the top-rated mobile game (or it was as of yesterday) and EVERYONE is playing it!  Well, a whole lot of people anyway.  New players and blowing-the-dust-off alike. I'm perfectly down with a good quality game from 9 years ago (!) being popular again, but the REASON...  (This isn't the first time, by the way.  Sales also spiked during the Ebola outbreak.)

And just to make sure everybody can actually SEE what I used to make these pictures:

Sailor Senshi 3 (there were two other versions on Doll Divine before; this is the fanciest/most complete one.)

Glitter Cure (for mahou shoujo in general.)

Steven Universe Gemsona Maker

There. In case you want to fool around with them or just see what I'm talking about.

I'm fully shutting up about this subject...(looks at wrist)...now.

...Notorious

For me - Wendy is the least character im intrested in. Even Webber attract me with his past, or whatever he had before becoming half-spider half-human. Like, come on, Wendy is a 10 years old girl who lost her twin and so she is super mega depressed and always thinking about suiciede... Perhaps, some kids or people with same life can find Wendy intrested to play as, but thats not me. And Im truly intrested about how Wendy can be more popular for DST community  than Maxwell or Wickerbottom? They have intresting and fun abilities just as their persona

30 minutes ago, Kavu said:

Graveyard main mega base please ??

Hey, that's a fun idea...and I almost had that myself, years ago!  Too bad it wasn't AFTER the Wendy update, when it would've made more sense...  But yeah, my "Camp One-Foot-in-the-Grave" was called that because it was _right near the dev graveyard set-piece_.

Maybe I could have One-Foot-in-the-Grave 2020 edition...

...Notorious

59 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

For me - Wendy is the least character im intrested in. Even Webber attract me with his past, or whatever he had before becoming half-spider half-human. Like, come on, Wendy is a 10 years old girl who lost her twin and so she is super mega depressed and always thinking about suiciede... Perhaps, some kids or people with same life can find Wendy intrested to play as, but thats not me. And Im truly intrested about how Wendy can be more popular for DST community  than Maxwell or Wickerbottom? They have intresting and fun abilities just as their persona

she can be hard lore because of being family of maxwell 

14 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

she can be hard lore because of being family of maxwell

True, but I dont think that will play big part of lore or will be important for Maxwell`s lore. Theyre just kin, nothing more

image.png.daef8dc4d0eed9e1e1f9c8164747cd59.png

Maxwell is man with a stone-cold heart, but how he can say something like that to his dead niece?

Archived