Wendy's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

30 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I mean, those are not mutually exclusive in any way.

That depends on a few factors though really doesn’t it?

If Abigail has a total damage threshold cap for example And if the Ectoherbology tab can make her stronger regardless of Wendy’s actual health.

Then you wouldn’t need to run around at 1hp all the time to have Abigail at her full potential.

For all we know Abigail might even retreat back into her flower now upon Wendy Dying, Which means all that higher health & damage Abby had Resets back to its starting stages upon resummoning her.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If Abigail has a total damage threshold cap for example And if the Ectoherbology tab can make her stronger regardless of Wendy’s actual health.

Then you wouldn’t need to run around at 1hp all the time to have Abigail at her full potential.

For all we know Abigail might even retreat back into her flower now upon Wendy Dying, Which means all that higher health & damage Abby had Resets back to its starting stages upon resummoning her.

You probably won't need to run Abigail at her full potential for a casual player, spiders and hounds can easily be dealt by even daylight Abigail as of now. At 50% HP you're still at Maxwell range, while being safer forl having a bodyguard with you.

If the damage scale even at 1HP it will only be good for people who wants to min-max and play around high risk high reward. 99% of the player base won't do that, Klei knows that, so they sure will make Abigail still good when you're above 50% HP.

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

@nome, thoughts on the big forehead Wendy meme?:wilson_sneaky:

Wilson & Webber: I need to Shave my Beard!

Willow: I need to shave my legs!

Wigfrid: I need to shave in between my eyebrows so it does not become a Uni-Brow!

Wickerbottom: I need to put foot cream on my sore feet!

Wolfgang: I need to eat more be strongman!

Maxwell: I need to put on suntan prevention lotion so my pale white skin won’t sunburn!

WX78: I need to oil my parts so I won’t rust up!

Wendy: Can i burrow some car wax from anyone? I need to Wax my Forehead! 

18 hours ago, FraShaw27 said:

It seems to me that theu atleast didn't change her from her base gamplay but made it better with the might and power increase over time mechanics. Not a woody like refresh, but a willow like one, where they added and tweaked but didn't change much from the base.

YES. The Woodie one was...silly and nonsequitur, and kinda took him off in a completely different direction rather than just _fixing the main problems_.  (And by "fixing" I don't mean REMOVING, I mean, _tweaking_.  Rebalancing.)  And his short told us NOTHING!  Goofy lighthearted more-brightly-coloured-and-silly-looking-than-the-regular-style cartoon thing and no information about his background or what's the deal with Lucy?  Really?

THIS sounds closer to what I think of when I think "character rebalance".

18 hours ago, HorseyTheYes said:

image.png.e7589506efa359b0ea83d8dfe5a5f5c6.png

You could see your reflection on Wendy's forehead-

Wendy IS Forehead Girl!

pm3imagame.png.09412ac757482facdc847171f5324761.png

...aka Lisa from Princess Maker 3/Yuushi from "Puchi Puri Yuushi".  And the weird thing is, her forehead looks LESS severe than Wendy's here!  That takes some doing, considering that Lisa/Yucie usually has a SIXhead.  Anyway I chose this screenshot because the quote was so weird.  What. the beep.  XD  (I can't even begin to figure out what the translators were _trying_ to say here instead...or maybe my little princess has been hanging out with Monika...?)  Also I can kinda sorta see Wendy wearing a dress like this.

I'm totally naming the next daughter in this game "Wendy Carter".  :)

"Emo daughter has been upgraded to necromancer daughter" she always WAS, dude.

17 hours ago, Mulikki123 said:

Are they the ghosts of all pips that we killed in oni? 

NOOOO NO KILL THE ALIEN LEAF KITTIES.  :(

17 hours ago, Sweaper said:

Wendy wasn't exactly the masochist character people asked for, but heeey. 1HP hype!!

All this "I'm totally gonna carry poisonous food with me to hurt myself on demand so Abigail can be stronger" talk is making me think of...which one was it...one of the Persona games.  Where they summoned their magic....summonses by shooting themselves in the head?  

Like that.

15 hours ago, Axelocke said:

Yeaah! This looks awesome. I'm happy Wendy players won't be ridiculed in public servers anymore. :D

I never went around ridiculing ANYbody for their character choices anyway...  I'll only mock you for your stupid _playing_ choices.  : P

16 hours ago, 359368170 said:

dc2e17566cb02bcdb3506279ffb5f8717086750f.thumb.jpg.5c454777f087708367ad97b1c6d95552.jpg

/sad

WHO DID THIS GORGEOUS AND HEART-RIPPING PICTURE AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT?  :(

Anyway those are my thoughts on all this so far.  : P

...Notorious

39 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I honestly have no idea what any of this has to do with whether this is a risk-reward mechanic or not.

Anyway, you get rewarded with extra damage for taking the risk of staying at low health. That makes it a risk-reward mechanic. It's about that simple.

1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

I honestly have no idea what any of this has to do with whether this is a risk-reward mechanic or not.

Anyway, you get rewarded with extra damage for taking the risk of staying at low health. That makes it a risk-reward mechanic. It's about that simple.

Yes, but is it more Rewarding to upgrade Abigail through Ectoherbology & having her remain active longer?

As opposed to simply spawning Abigail and then eating enough Red Caps till your always at 1hp? 

14 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

You can’t talk about herbology without knowing what it does, for all we know it will turn her into floating lantern, give her warmth or cold aura, mid fight Abigail healing.

Yes but what we do know is that “Wendy can commune with Pipspook in exchange for Mourning Glory, Mourning Glory can be used in her new Ectoherbology crafting tab to UPGRADE Abigail in various ways.”

So no matter what it actually does or doesn’t do, it’s still considered upgrades to Abigail.

While you guys discuss what it DOES.

Meanwhile I’m over here thinking What does it LOOK LIKE? Will it be a Default Crafting Tab on Wendy like Wickers additional knowledge that’s just there and always accessible?

Will it be a portable Item more like Maxwell’s Book Where Wendy needs to maybe place Abigails Flower on the ground or directly interact with Abigail herself to Access this crafting Tab?

OR will Ectoherbology be A Wendy Exclusive structure that has to be placed and interacted with similar to Wurt and the Royal Tapestry?

Theres very little detail on what that is, or what it does... so all we can do is wait for the next 6 days for the March Update to arrive and see for ourselves I guess.

*Screams loudly in excitement and anticipation like a giddy little school girl* 

I just want the update to hurry up and get here.. I’m ready for these Carrats to be Replaced with Pipspooks!

I like how you can tell the Wendy fans and the not . all of the ok i guess is depressing this is big it's one of the most popular mains getting a remake and I for one am quite happy about it . I was so happy to see the notice on my steam page that I can't wait for it to go live . this is going to be so much fun to learn all the little tricks in the new build and see how Abigail is going to work in all of this and a crafting recipe for a new potion this should be a blast. 

15 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Wendy can ask Abigail to stay close to her or roam more free via Abigail's flower.

I don't think you got my question. I just wanted to clarify that attack canceling with abigail being told to stay close won't cause her to attack things, like pigs and bunnymen.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:18 PM, JoeW said:

Wendy can use Mourning Glory in her Ectoherbology crafting tab to help her sister's spirit in various ways.

I hope this won't evolve around just combat. There's already plenty of characters evolved around just combat. Maybe one of the upgrades will increase the radius of light emitting from Abigail?

8 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:
On 2020/3/13 at 9:06 AM, 359368170 said:

WHO DID THIS GORGEOUS AND HEART-RIPPING PICTURE AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT? 

HEART-RIPPING is my idea from DST trailer. I pay for this pic. 

Here is the author https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198850858081

You could find more his pic in weibo https://weibo.com/p/1005056271029298/photos?from=page_100505#wbphoto_nav

Also he has workshop items https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1951468597

Archived