Wendy's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

Sincerely, I found 1 nerf, because wendy had her damage modifier from 0.75 to 0.5, 
the only damage that was huffed was from abigail, which slightly took nerf, 
because the MANY flowers system was nerfed, so if the first abigail dies, it's over,
 she in the past it would kill catcoon with 3 ~ 4 hits now it will be 5 ~ 6, will it only be viable to practically kill spiders? for real? 
if abigail goes to caves, worms, clockworks continue to kill her easily, has it always been unviable against bosses, now having 1 hp? 
have more damage? if at least Abigail atk the shadows I would accept that. 
Because if Wendy goes insane she’s practically dead if I’ve seen 3 shadows.

Wendy - 0.5 dmg new
wes - 0.75
Wolfgang - 2x

5 minutes ago, Br Whity said:

Sincerely, I found 1 nerf, because wendy had her damage modifier from 0.75 to 0.5,

Please tell us where you found this information. The OP simply re-states returning perks, but never say anything about Wendy getting *more* damage reduction.

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

Please tell us where you found this information. The OP simply re-states returning perks, but never say anything about Wendy getting *more* damage reduction.

Wendy has reduced damage in combat, but suffers less sanity drain from auras and the dark. 

Just now, Br Whity said:

Wendy has reduced damage in combat, but suffers less sanity drain from auras and the dark. 

This is re-stating an existing perk that Wendy already has. Where did you get 0.5 from?

22 minutes ago, Canis said:

Isso está declarando uma vantagem existente que Wendy já possui. De onde você tirou 0,5 ?

I understood that it will reduce more.

Or maybe I got it wrong, idk. xD 

may have been my reading, sorry 
because I understood that it would decrease from the current

1 hour ago, SonicDen220 said:

IT TOOK HALF A YEAR SINCE WOODIE'S REWORK.

Hide contents

Will the next rework after Wendy also take half a year?

oh my god....damn i feel old...i remember sitting on the bus to my school i started this year, watching the tree's a crowd short...holy lord heshin' hog lunch...* nostalgia intensifies*

1 hour ago, SonicDen220 said:

IT TOOK HALF A YEAR SINCE WOODIE'S REWORK.

Saying it like that makes it sound way worse than it is. The majority of that half a year was the holidays, where Klei focuses on seasonal events and the actual employees of Klei want to spend time with their families.

i saw this coming I SAW THIS COMING EVEN THOUGH I WANTED WX78 REWORKED. Still, these perks wendy will be getting seem pretty cool. Well anyways, time to stop not using this forum and start crafting my ultimate wx78 rework thread.

Just noticed that for Woodie it's better to keep hunger always low so when you transform you don't lose an entire stomach. Wendy you probably want to be around 1/2 health or less. And Willow needs to be with low sanity to make use of her Bernie. Pretty clever by Klei devs.

Now make Maxwell need to keep HP, hunger and sanity low to be the most OP character as he should be. One Can Wish.

Hi. I'm alive :p

I really love this rework.

Two things tho:

1. I'm not so sure about is the hp mechanic. It's one thing that needs to be tested to see if it really works 

2. Is Abi gonna get more hp? If not all the buffs aren't gonna be as effective tbh. 

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

Abigail's might is tied to Wendy's health, making her fight harder while Wendy is weak.

This is the most interesting change to me. High-risk/high-reward mechanics are cool and raise the skill ceiling, and this one is relatively simple, which is good for an ideal complexity:depth ratio. This would be the first instance of a scenario where low HP is actively desirable in the Don't Starve franchise.

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

Pipspooks can now be found roaming around gravestones.

Wendy can commune with Pipspooks to help them find peace in exchange for Mourning Glory.

Wendy can use Mourning Glory in her Ectoherbology crafting tab to help her sister's spirit in various ways.

I'm a little antsy about these. Farming Mourning Glory sounds potentially tedious if it requires a visit to gravestones every time, and adding more character-specific crafting is bad for complexity:depth ratio. I'm guessing they will grant Abigail perks like damage reduction?

"Pipspook" is an adorable name though, kudos for that.

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Added one detail that we missed: Abigail's damage is affected by the number of enemies she is fighting, allowing her to be effective against a single enemy but at her best when fighting a crowd.  

So abigail against bees is now even more rediculous?

I guess that's why I always refered to her as The merciless bee executioner, the great Abigonzales.

Anywho it's nice to see klei listened for the most part, working on abigail more then Wendy herself. At least I'm not feeling like I'm 100% ditching a main come the rework.

Some questions: 

-Are Pipspooks a new mob in the Constant? As in every other character can also encounter them

-If yes are they aggresive to non-Wendy characters? 

-Are Pipspooks ghosts of dead children? Cuz if yes that's cool. Fits ds/t creepiness well

Archived