Wendy's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

6 minutes ago, JoeW said:

wendy-coming-soon-post.png

Wendy clutches tightly to the memory of her twin sister, Abigail. Some days, it’s almost as if she never left…

Even from the afterlife, Abigail never stopped looking out for Wendy - and now Wendy has discovered how to return the favor. Her affinity with the supernatural has led her to the mysterious practice of Ectoherbology, allowing her to create haunting elixirs to aid her sister beyond the veil and make their bond stronger than ever before.

Wendy's character refresh arrives next week - March 19th.

Here are some of the details:

• Wendy carries a flower that can summon her sister Abigail's spirit. 
  • Abigail's spirit gets stronger over time but starts over if she is destroyed.
  • Abigail's might is tied to Wendy's health, making her fight harder while Wendy is weak. 
  • Wendy can ask Abigail to stay close to her or roam more free via Abigail's flower.
  • Wendy does not lose sanity due to ghosts.
  • Pipspooks can now be found roaming around gravestones.
  • Wendy can commune with Pipspooks to help them find peace in exchange for Mourning Glory.
  • Wendy can use Mourning Glory in her Ectoherbology crafting tab to help her sister's spirit in various ways.
  • Wendy has reduced damage in combat, but suffers less sanity drain from auras and the dark.  

We will also have a new animated short and we will bring a new item to the Crystaline Collection streaming drops as well. See you next week!

YES!!!! It’s Wendy and she gets more interaction with Ghosts and her sister! This is Awesome <333333 I absolutely can not wait for the animated short! Thank You sooo much this is my Main Character I enjoy playing the most with in DS/DST.

:( I have missed the entirety of the Crystaline Collection Twitch drops.. so to only get this upcoming one will be Heartbreaking Sadness. Hopefully the others shall return someday.

This refresh sounds really interesting, I can't wait to try it! Having more control over Abigail will be super useful. Also I'm really curious about her video and lore!

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

[...] Heartbreaking Sadness [...]

Fitting for a Wendy update, eh? :D 

This could either be really good or really bad. I wanna know what exactly 

13 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Wendy can use Mourning Glory in her Ectoherbology crafting tab to help her sister's spirit in various ways.

Means

As a Wendy main this is exactly what I wanted! Her identity isn't being changed, her downsides isn't being changed, Abigail just becomes way cooler and managing her becomes way more fun! I can become a god damn witch, a harbringer of death using potions to plot the downfall of man kind, this is the coolest thing ever, better then my wildest dreams! thank you so much Klei thank you I have NEVER, NEVER been happier then I am today!

7 minutes ago, Freshness said:

This sounds very much like something everyone would enjoy
Which means I must hate it for the sake of being contrarian.
IT SUCKS HOW THERE'S NO BAD THING, BAD REWORK!

Flower Cycling is obsolete now... Abigail gets stronger the longer she has been alive,  Which this resets to her being weak again once she has been destroyed.

How do you see Zero Bad perks again?? 

Anyways! YAYYYYYYY it’s Wendy <3 

*Screams with Excitement!*

Archived