Recommended Posts

mightybaz    4
3 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fix solid conduit contents not exchanging heat when the camera was in certain configurations

 

Could it be???

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    1482
40 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Hook up new NOT Gate art.

I do not like this one. It loses the directionality almost completely in the graphics.

Almost as badly broken as the atrociously bad IEEE Std 91/91a-1991 "rectangular shape" symbols.

Edited by Gurgel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pether    153
1 minute ago, Gurgel said:

I do not like this one. It loses the directionality almost completely in the graphics.

Pics please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chintam    29
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix solid conduit contents not exchanging heat when the camera was in certain configurations

They listened to us. This changes everything. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

conveyor_element_sensor.png.ca19a8e4946455a504b46398f03cac76.pngconveyor_temperature_sensor.png.a87828a5b098cb272da1f46f7cbe8f93.pngconveyor_germs_sensor.png.645a7616646b5eacb01ebdb90104cb44.png

logic_not.png.4a8a4e6a07b1b356746174c29f02d72c.png

This looks excatly like the automation that i will never understand and will instead stay as flashing colors and lights in my mind

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
salithus    10
26 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

This looks excatly like the automation that i will never understand and will instead stay as flashing colors and lights in my mind

The gif goes fast, I don't like that.

But I think what they're trying to convey visually is that if a green signal comes in from the left side, the middle bar swings its green side towards that signal, like a magnet. Same for if it's red (or no) signal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junksteel    807
2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fix solid conduit contents not exchanging heat when the camera was in certain configurations
  • Reduced memory allocations in Conduit system and the PokeShell's egg protection behaviors
  • Save 3-4% frame time with proper caching for Errand offsets

This is amazing... thanks a lot! Banhi's Bountiful Update... I'm very excited to play some thousands of cycles in a new base when it's done. Nice cooking!

Edited by Junksteel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beowulf2010    597
1 hour ago, Chintam said:

They listened to us. This changes everything. 

Oh, they've always listened. There's just been some bugs that have been difficult to squash without creating other issues. This seemed to have been one. :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    1482
18 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Oh, they've always listened. There's just been some bugs that have been difficult to squash without creating other issues. This seemed to have been one. :D

They definitely listen. But they are just human and can do only a limited amount of things per time unit before quality drops. And since they are smart, they prioritize instead. This particular one they tried before, but they did run into some larger issues. Probably also needed a bit of distance and then some breathing space to think about what could be done.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    865
4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Save 3-4% frame time with proper caching for Errand offsets

Sure it´s only 3-4% ? At least for my late game bases it feels like much more.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheDeamon    16

Minor usability tweak/note:
The watt sensor only accepts numeric input values.

However, after you've input a value it appends " W" to it, which will then need to be deleted by the user the next time they try to make a change.

Edited by TheDeamon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OxCD    573

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh.

I feel like 007 when he discovers new Q gimmicks !

Is it for real ? Can someone confirm the conveyor heat exchange bug is solved ?

 

Edited by OxCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Racso5    4
4 hours ago, Chintam said:

They listened to us. This changes everything. 

I'm still relatively new to the game. What exactly are the implications of fixing this heat exchange bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beowulf2010    597
36 minutes ago, Racso5 said:

I'm still relatively new to the game. What exactly are the implications of fixing this heat exchange bug?

In short, unless you built conveyors in a certain way, you lost a ton of heat if you're doing things like using the igneous rock from solidified magma to run steam turbines or petroleum boilers. 

But only when you weren't looking at the build. It functioned when the player viewed it. 

Edited by beowulf2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Racso5    4
50 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

In short, unless you built conveyors in a certain way, you lost a ton of heat if you're doing things like using the igneous rock from solidified magma to run steam turbines or petroleum boilers. 

But only when you weren't looking at the build. It functioned when the player viewed it. 

Thank you.

It sounds like this bug got in the way of late game builds. Glad to see it is fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SharraShimada    678
5 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Sure it´s only 3-4% ? At least for my late game bases it feels like much more.

Frame-Time is not what you see. Its the time between frames (not necessarily visual frames). Lower is better. So yes, 4% makes the whole experience much smoother. Good things come in small packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    1482
3 hours ago, pether said:

I appreciate your ideas to make sure new players understand logic systems better, but can we please have some option to hide detailed gate mechanism and just stay with logic symbols that were used before? All those updates will turn my nice and clean logic system into crazy amusement park, painful to look at...

I would like that as well. The new ones are confusing and unsuitable for anybody that can already read standard logic symbols.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cypher-7    140
3 hours ago, pether said:

I appreciate your ideas to make sure new players understand logic systems better, but can we please have some option to hide detailed gate mechanism and just stay with logic symbols that were used before? All those updates will turn my nice and clean logic system into crazy amusement park, painful to look at...

This is a good idea, it appeals to both camps of players, the ones who understand logic symbols and those who don’t. 
 

As you will always find with opinions, mine was the complete opposite of yours, looking at the tradition logic symbols might as well be hieroglyphics. *most* of the new ones are easier for me to understand.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve8    52
9 hours ago, Racso5 said:

I'm still relatively new to the game. What exactly are the implications of fixing this heat exchange bug?

You can cool things by running hot materials (for example metal from a metal volcano) through cold tiles or a steam room. This isn't even a late game thing. A very simple makeshift build to get steam for a steam rocket is running hot regolith on rails through the steam room and dumping it on the floor while pouring in water. A metal volcano tamer with just a steam turbine and some rails also doesn't need any advance materials or complicated setups. All this depends on heat exchange between the rails and the environment. Which was apparently broken.

Edited by Steve8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasza22    2327
2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I'm really not digging the new automation artwork. I know it's meant to better convey how the automation works visually, but it's just more confusing to me. :wilson_worried:

I think the idea is good. The AND gate is pretty clear to how it works now. The others just need to be more obvious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now