Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 397125

Steve8    96

Many buildings (e.g. Gas Filter, conduit sensors, etc) are now selectable from the Gas/Liquid overlays directly with a single click rather than requiring the overlay to be closed to interact

Yes! That was a weird inconsistency

Edited by Steve8
  • Like 1

Racso5    6

Awesome news! Thanks for the update!

22 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

A bug causing the Automation Overlay to only update on every second automation tick has been fixed. It should be easier to see and debug rapidly-switching circuits now.

I created a low-power gas filter by combining a gas element sensor, a gas shut-off, and pipe with vent (for the unfiltered gases). Could this bug explain why the wrong gas would sometimes fail to trigger a red signal by the gas element sensor?

Edited by Racso5

kbn    269
25 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Adjusted Ribbon Reader bit changing logic for more consistency with the Writer

Nice!

Bit shift in both directions

20200229043409_1.jpg

Edited by kbn
font size
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gurgel    1819
39 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • A bug causing the Automation Overlay to only update on every second automation tick has been fixed. It should be easier to see and debug rapidly-switching circuits now.

That explains some things...

• Like 1

nvzboy    53

The gas element sensor is now showing some odd behavior. It keeps flickering on and off when the gas is detected instead of giving a steady signal.

• Thanks 1

cpy    370

Is it me or this new beta removed ability to bind mouse 4 and mouse 5 and reset bindings?

Oozinator    2570
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • You can play multiple tones from striking a conduit at the same time now (internal cooldown on their sounds has been removed)

Nice, even when it messed up everything ^^

2.ogg

• Haha 1

Gurgel    1819
  • Updated artwork for the AND gate, to make its function more concrete. (More coming!)

Well, maybe it is because I have done gate-level logic for about 35 years now, but I find the new thing hard to read.

Could work well for people that have no real-world experience with gate-level logic though. The idea for the visualization is nice as long as there are only few gates next to each other. I recommend making the two other 2-input gates visually distinctive enough that you can see the difference easily from a distance. The small, reduced logic symbol in the corned will not do that. It would probably best to find a different type of visualization OR and XOR.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 3

meepmoop    230

• Many buildings (e.g. Gas Filter, conduit sensors, etc) are now selectable from the Gas/Liquid overlays directly with a single click rather than requiring the overlay to be closed to interact
  • Added Conveyor sensors!
  • A bug causing the Automation Overlay to only update on every second automation tick has been fixed. It should be easier to see and debug rapidly-switching circuits now.
  • Fix "ghost" rocket modules appearing for rockets already in space after a load (Nice!)
  • Fix doors deleting themselves when melting (what does that mean?)

Big breakthrows all over

Edited by meepmoop

KittenIsAGeek    1606
2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

• Many buildings (e.g. Gas Filter, conduit sensors, etc) are now selectable from the Gas/Liquid overlays directly with a single click rather than requiring the overlay to be closed to interact

Yay!  I had given up hope of this ever being addressed.  Thank you!!!!!  =^.^=

• Like 2

Angpaur    330

Took me a minute to understand what the new AND gate visuals are about. Seems like a nice idea. I like it too.

• Like 1

pether    215

I fear that more complex automation systems will have so many detailed gates that it all will look like a one big mess of unnessesary details... :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Saturnus    3578
20 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

How would you guys / girls / x  simplify a flip flop with the new tools?

3WnFkGg.png

Counter set to 2. That's it.

The old method before was typically with a positive edge detector (AND and NOT gate) followed by an XOR gate with one of the inputs tied to the output.

Like this. Both have the same function.

image.png.3d0f0e3fbec2045cadffb90f62b74a71.png

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gurgel    1819
6 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

How would you guys / girls / x  simplify a flip flop with the new tools?

A memory toggle and a single inverter to get the complemented output. It is not quite the same but do you need the case where both inputs are active?

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Added Conveyor sensors!

I can build them, but they seem not to be listed in the research tree at the moment.

• Like 1