[Poll] On Singleplayer Characters Being Added To DST

UPPER TEXT  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wish for singleplayer characters to be added to DST?

2. 2. If yes, why so?

• They are my favorite character.
    • They would be a nice addition to the multiplayer environment.
    • They would complement the lore greatly.
    • They're just really cool and adding them would draw the playerbase's attention and adulation.
    • Adding them would draw in new players to both DS Alone and DST.
    • Adding them would bring nice new changes to their playstyle fitting DST's environment.
    • Other (do list in the comments!)
    • I answered no!
    • I answered Undecided!
  3. 3. If yes, who among them?

4. 4. If no, why so?

• They've monolithic playstyles suiting Singleplayer more than DST.
    • Their perks are too overpowered and require extensive retooling for multiplayer play.
    • Their perks are too underpowered and require extensive retooling to be viable for multiplayer play.
    • Adding them would severely weaken DS alone's playerbase and kill sales.
    • Adding them might cause a Woodie Rework Effect.
    • They have little to contribute to the lore.
    • Adding them would draw attention away from existing characters.
    • They cost too much time and resources which could be better spent on other pursuits.
    • Other (Do explain in the comments!)
    • I answered yes!
    • I answered undecided!

4 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

I honestly didn't think Walani would be voted by more than 1 person when her only noticeable upside is a special surfboard which uses non-existent singleplayer boat mechanics that don't even exist in DST yet. It's highly unlikely that Klei would bring those mechanics to DST just for the single character before adding singleplayer boats in general first.

Also, making a brand new character is a longer process and there's a risk that it won't be very likeable or successful (like Wurt turned out). If there are decent characters already, why not port them? The code is written and the art is drawn. Anything new will get old in few weeks after release and there'll be barely any difference between "brand new DST-exclusive" and "ported from single-player DLCs" characters.

I hate when people say crap like this when they don’t have a clue what they’re talking about.

Hounds Swim, Weregoose flys.. and those are both Single entity items. How can you say “Oh they’ll never add Walani cause she requires single player Shipwrecked Mechanics..?” 

——————————

Even JoeW Himself said That Walani was not outside of the realm of possibility to be added into the game.

——————————

SOME of Us actually WANT Walani, and some of us will probably even PREFER her over I don’t know... a Brand new Bunnyman Type Playable Character with a perk for chewing Carrats while they scream in agonizing pain & Mr Bunnyman annoyingly smacking his lips while chewing saying “ehhh What’s Up Doc?”

(That last part is meant to be a joke poking fun of Bugs Bunny.. but anyway, I realize that some of you guys may be so young that sadly you don’t even know who that is! God don’t I feel old now..)

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I hate when people say crap like this when they don’t have a clue what they’re talking about.

Hounds Swim, Weregoose flys.. and those are both Single entity items. How can you say “Oh they’ll never add Walani cause she requires single player Shipwrecked Mechanics..?” 

——————————

Even JoeW Himself said That Walani was not outside of the realm of possibility to be added into the game.

——————————

SOME of Us actually WANT Walani, and some of us will probably even PREFER her over I don’t know... a Brand new Bunnyman Type Playable Character with a perk for chewing Carrats while they scream in agonizing pain & Mr Bunnyman annoyingly smacking his lips while chewing saying “ehhh What’s Up Doc?”

(That last part is meant to be a joke poking fun of Bugs Bunny.. but anyway, I realize that some of you guys may be so young that sadly you don’t even know who that is! God don’t I feel old now..)

guess i want bunny playable character now

5 hours ago, higor12101 said:

guess i want bunny playable character now

Why? I always hated bugs bunny.. I wanted Daffy to win a few times too.

But honestly, a Bunnyman Character or a Rock Lobster Character is kinda what I’m expecting for the last new DLC character. Why? Because all 3 of the others have been constant born monsters... I don’t expect that to change.

Walani, because I believe she has a lot of potential for updated backstory.

Reading through her quotes reveals a lot of interesting things, how she apparently was a pirate in her past, how she regrets a lot of her past, and her aversion to harming animals and nature.

It feels like she could benefit greatly from an animated short.

I've read somewhere that Woodlegs was originally supposed to turn into Wilton, or something like that?

That's neat and all, but I would like that on Walani. Could implement some great mechanics involving the moon, and the moon island, based on whatever curse was in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, combine that with Walani's surfboard and pirate nature and I feel like you've got some great potential for uh... something.

In my blisteringly honest opinion i think Klei's work could be used more on the over arching lore of the game. I.E. Lunar Island, Ancients, new world mechanics overall

Not to say i wouldn't accept whatever Klei gives us generously, anything Klei gives is worth it's weight in gold amalgam. i just believe that this large influx of new characters is not as important to the lore considering a normal server can only have 6 people, 6 characters adding their unique talents at once. plus we already have the god's grace synergy of worm, warly, wicker, wolf, wig, and woodie.

1 hour ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

In my blisteringly honest opinion i think Klei's work could be used more on the over arching lore of the game. I.E. Lunar Island, Ancients, new world mechanics overall

Not to say i wouldn't accept whatever Klei gives us generously, anything Klei gives is worth it's weight in gold amalgam. i just believe that this large influx of new characters is not as important to the lore considering a normal server can only have 6 people, 6 characters adding their unique talents at once. plus we already have the god's grace synergy of worm, warly, wicker, wolf, wig, and woodie.

wortox>wigfrid and more if you have woodie and woodworm in the team

43 minutes ago, higor12101 said:

i dont think constand monsters are bad

Well, I mean their are just guarding their stuff and trying to live. We are the ones that messing with them and killing them and looting their stuff, Maxwell and Charlie created some of them who knows what for exacly. To makes our life harder, to makes our life easier or just for fun and out of boredom.

22 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

Well, I mean their are just guarding their stuff and trying to live. We are the ones that messing with them and killing them and looting their stuff, Maxwell and Charlie created some of them who knows what for exacly. To makes our life harder, to makes our life easier or just for fun and out of boredom.

If im correct, Maxwell created most of constants animals and monsters, including clockworks. The only monsters roaming the constant that weren't created by Maxwell are Shadow Creatures, Merms and Depth Worms, also the area known as the ruins. About Wortox, Wormwood, Wilba and Wurt, they might originate from Constant itself but it hasnt been confirmed. Small side note about DST, since nightmare throne is occupied by Charlie its possible that some creatures were created by her aswell ( Toadstool,Bee Queen) but im not entirely sure about that.

6 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

If im correct, Maxwell created all of constants animals and monsters, including clockworks. The only monsters roaming the constant that weren't created by Maxwell are Shadow Creatures, but im not entirely sure.

Pigs and merms existed before Maxwell came I believe.

1 minute ago, bruhmoment23 said:

If im correct, Maxwell created all of constants animals and monsters, including clockworks. The only monsters roaming the constant that weren't created by Maxwell are Shadow Creatures, but im not entirely sure.

I think creatures added in the new reign(except ancient fuelweaver) were created by Charlie. Merms were created by Gnaw probably? I'm not sure about pigman though they were maybe one of Constant's original civilisations? And creatures from moon isles were mutated by moon or they were living on the moon before the piece of it fell (because how would all those plants and animals would get on the isles right after it fell, they must've been living on it before it fell then).

12 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

i think the codex umbra its a door to that universe and the throne just gives you some control over it

12 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Pigs and merms existed before Maxwell came I believe.

I'm not sure about pigs, but both Pig King Vidgette in DST and Maxwell in DS Adventure Mode say diffrent stories.

Maxwell in Adventure Mode ( Two Worlds ) says : 

“Say. pal. Let's make a deal. You can stay here. Settle down, even. I'll give you food, gold, pigs, whatever you need. All I want in return is a truce.”

Pig King Vidgette Description : 

"Legend has it the Pig King and his followers left their home long ago to rule freely in The Constant."

Unless Maxwell had somekind of abillity to teleport pigs from somewhere else?

44 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

I'm not sure about pigs, but both Pig King Vidgette in DST and Maxwell in DS Adventure Mode say diffrent stories.

Maxwell in Adventure Mode ( Two Worlds ) says : 

“Say. pal. Let's make a deal. You can stay here. Settle down, even. I'll give you food, gold, pigs, whatever you need. All I want in return is a truce.”

Pig King Vidgette Description : 

"Legend has it the Pig King and his followers left their home long ago to rule freely in The Constant."

Unless Maxwell had somekind of abillity to teleport pigs from somewhere else?

well, he has power to kill or afraid some pigs in orden to give you for that truce xD

Hamlet its cannon? because seems to be that pigking leaves pigqueen city (maybe because of the werepig curse)

Rock Lobsters must have roamed the surface world prior to Maxwell Banishing them into Caves... so I’m going to say there are several being that already existed here prior to Maxwell’s Throne time.

And I DEFIANTLY do not think that Maxwell created EVERYTHING... I kind of get this Eerie feeling that the Nightmare Throne is Molding itself.. Picking and choosing WHO to snatch into the world and knowing fully in advance WHAT changes that person will make once they take up the Throne.

Therefore.. (in Theory) THEM could be Anyone or better yet Anything that has sit on the Nightmare Throne, heck it could even be clones of ourselves... 

On 29/02/2020 at 4:12 PM, thetricker1 said:

300?cb=20190329060507298ec1027050d0845836b9c1c5e7266ce30be088klaus_command.gif.5978341743fe7c4308fc84

well wortox said he "hopped" ancient gateaway maybe a long time ago krampus klaus and wortox are not from the constant but can acess it somehow i guess since klaus has his weird powers and krampus always come when we do nautghy things even thougth the portal is broken

Archived