Insanity is not that bad :<

12 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

How would all these suggestions be implemented with regards to Enlightenment shifts, though?

Changing insanity likely wouldn't have any effect on enlightenment. You can be sitting at 0 sanity on the lunar island, and you'll never get any insanity effects. It would be just like having max sanity anywhere else.

All I ask, is that if any new harder "I'M SO PRO SANITY IS TOO EASY FOR ME" game mechanics get implemented...that it's OPTIONAL.  By that I don't mean like how you can choose not to go near/mess with the optional bosses.  I mean like a _server_ setting, before you start.  Somewhere in the worldgen-related options:  "More punishing insanity?  On/Off"  That's all I ask.  I think putting in a new harder thing but letting players CHOOSE whether to use it or not, is the best of all worlds.  It makes it so that the harder mode _exists_ in the game, but not everyone has to deal with it.  And, think of it this way--it's another way to further customise your worlds so that they feel more like YOUR worlds!  All without mods, too.

(And maybe TELL new players which setting you're using when they first show up, so that the people who just want to have fun surviving and base-building and not be attacked ALL THE TIME could log out of the servers that have that switch _on_, and the TOO HARDCORE 4 U types could snort in digust at these mere nubz and leave the servers that have it _off_.)

Also can we has cool sea-serpent shadow creatures for when you're insane out on the ocean, like in Shipwrecked?  Please and thank you!  :)

...Notorious

47 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Isn't that pretty much what Charlie does already?

No, Charlie attacks you in absolute darkness.
(Except for some situations)
Even so, she will wait a few seconds.

These creatures would advance on you if you are close to them, not necessarily in absolute darkness.

In other words, the first opportunity they have.

They could bite you or lift their claws at you, and then they would disappear like Gestalts do.

22 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

All I ask, is that if any new harder "I'M SO PRO SANITY IS TOO EASY FOR ME" game mechanics get implemented...that it's OPTIONAL.  By that I don't mean like how you can choose not to go near/mess with the optional bosses.  I mean like a _server_ setting, before you start.  Somewhere in the worldgen-related options:  "More punishing insanity?  On/Off"  That's all I ask.  I think putting in a new harder thing but letting players CHOOSE whether to use it or not, is the best of all worlds.  It makes it so that the harder mode _exists_ in the game, but not everyone has to deal with it.  And, think of it this way--it's another way to further customise your worlds so that they feel more like YOUR worlds!  All without mods, too.

(And maybe TELL new players which setting you're using when they first show up, so that the people who just want to have fun surviving and base-building and not be attacked ALL THE TIME could log out of the servers that have that switch _on_, and the TOO HARDCORE 4 U types could snort in digust at these mere nubz and leave the servers that have it _off_.)

Also can we has cool sea-serpent shadow creatures for when you're insane out on the ocean, like in Shipwrecked?  Please and thank you!  :)

...Notorious

Yeah see my problem is that I want to be able to play the game with my not so experienced friends without me being bored out of my mind at how easy their game world is, or them being brutally punished by how hardcore my world is.

And while a lot of people hated the idea.. the only logical solution I could come up with was a whole bunch of Island Biomes out in the Ocean from my now Archived & closed to any further replies (because I guess it didn’t get enough activity or was generally disliked?) Thread - Isles of the Constant. 

Difficulty options and harder world settings separate the fanbase between the Casuals & the Experienced. 

But my Isles of the Constant would have broken the game up into progressively harder to reach Biomes, each one with their own challenges, Gameplay Mechanics, Unique to that Island Weather & Mobs...

This would allow my casual friend to continue enjoying racing Carrats around the main island meanwhile I’m in the same server with him on an Island where Summer overheating has been sent into Hyperdrive, the Rivers have turned to Molting Lava streams, Trees are either burned, On fire or Petrified... New Gameplay Mechanic Of leaving any flameable item on the ground for too long would set it in fire (meaning no throwing down lanterns to do combat at night etc..)

TL:DR I am trying not to burn alive in a Magma Field with new much harder enemy types while my casual friend is peacefully enjoying his life back on the starting Island.

Its not its own Server SHARD, it’s an ISLAND like Lunar Island... out in the ocean that requires you to build a boat and take the items you’ll need there with you.

The Whole point... was to allow Casual Content to co-exist within the same world with more experienced content.

Archived