Sign in to follow this  
ricardjorg

In-game screen black, with only UI visible

ricardjorg    10

Hi there, I've been trying to play the game several times. The game appears like this:

http://snag.gy/DzyVh.jpg

I can move and pick up stuff, use the map and build things. The first time I've tried, I thought this was how it was supposed to be (like fog-of-war) and so I tried to build a Torch, only when I equipped it, the game stayed the same :(

Eventually I'm always attacked by something (Ow, something bit me!) and I see the red blood around the screen but even trying to escape, I always die.

What info do you need to solve the problem?

I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome 22.0.1229.14 beta-m

Thanks for the help and cool game (love the hand-drawn elements)

Kevin    1,417

Hi Ricard,The game is supposed to be dark, but not *that* dark! :)The latest chrome beta version that just came out a couple of days ago doesn't agree with some of the things that we were doing in shaders. We noticed the problem on our own machines yesterday, and created a fix for it. It should go live with our next release (which is in about a week and a half).In the meantime, the game works correctly on the non-beta branch of chrome, if you have access to that. I'll talk to my fellow programmers on Monday about possibly posting a patch before our scheduled update day. :)

ricardjorg    10

Thanks for the response. I already tried playing on another laptop and it worked :DAnyway, I've only tried the demo version, but I couldn't tell if it is it a long kind game (can I play, stop, come-back later, etc) or is it a game to play once, die, restart, etc?

Kevin    1,417

It is a long term game, if you don't die. The game auto-saves every morning and evening, but it deletes your save game when you die. You gain experience points that can be used to unlock new playable characters when you restart, and you keep any unlocked recipes.

Sign in to follow this