How would you "fix" the lunar island?

Honestly, the celestial altar, and the only source of glass, are the reasons to return to the island. It's pretty much the same thing as the ruins. Given time, I'm sure more will be added to the altar to make it more appealing to visit the island. I can't imagine an axe and mediocre weapon being the only functional things to be crafted there.

23 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

Dont include me, im saying that for me its perfect

And no, lets include new tools to new resources, wasting the best weapon as a tool y foolish

Also, yeah, including a bosa will make us go more often, as its happening with oasis dessert. If you dont kill bosses its your problem and your way play. (you said that you play in your own meta¿?) But changes has to be made for the fan base, not just one person

RoG wasnt about fighting bosses? Reing of GIANTS??? OK... im done here

Do you read anything before responding to it? I said PRIOR To..

That means that before Reign of Giants was added to the game.. there WASNT Any Giants.

17 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

Deerclops, spiderqueen, varg and treeguard. They arent the strongest but in that time was challenge enough

Vargs are also from RoG and technically aren't even bosses - they don't drop multiple souls or trigger the epic fight music - but yes, spider queens and treeguards predate RoG and are tagged as bosses, Deerclops was the original seasonal boss and was specifically added to the list of giants along with the three new seasonal bosses when RoG came around, and the Ancient Guardian was the original optional boss. (I've never been clear on whether "boss" and "giant" are synonyms.)

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Would putting a boss on the Lunar Island really make all that much of a difference? I don’t fight any boss unless it’s a FORCED upon fight. All the optional ones.. they aren’t bothering me, so I’m not really too bothered with them.

I mean if I get bored yeah I might seek one out and fight it just for the hell of it but outside of that, it’s not something I care to actively engage.

Once you learn the pattern the boss becomes yet another trivial task & not much challenge, you’ll just groan & completely ignore it. Prior to RoG’s Becoming a thing DS was never about huge boss fights anyway, & I don’t suddenly expect DST to become Boss Battle Simulator 3000..

So What happens if they DO add a boss to the Lunar Biome? How does he/she/ it work??

Will it be completely optional and provide little to no reward? Will it be something that’s forced upon you making the player eventually have to venture to the Island and battle it to stop whatever it’s forcefully doing? Will killing said boss serve as a progression blocker to more and arguably harder game content..?

Klei said that they do not want to add new playable characters just for the sake of adding more characters... (Despite Playable Characters & their abilities being what you spend 99.5% of your time playing with) I can only PRAY that they also feel this way when it comes to Boss Fights as well.

I mean - you can play your way - but bundling wraps, furnace, lazy deserter, mushlights, hondus shootious, bone helm, ect - all great reasons to fight optional bosses.  You don't have to fight them if you don't want, but I think its a bit daft to claim optional bosses drop "little to no reward."  These drops are some of the best in the game.

I do think adding a boss to lunar biome would make a big difference.  I'm hoping something that mirrors the Shadow Pieces fight but you go there on a full moon to activate it.

Adding a boss to the Island would provide:

- Interesting gameplay - especially with regards to the new mechanics brought about by the moon islands

- A break from the monotony of regular survival

- A refreshing challenge that players would love to surmount

- Rewards that could be of great use 

The devs literally have nothing to lose to add them, and the boss would make players come back to the island more if executed and designed well.

I suggest reviving the Skeleton in the Moon Islands. I mean, what if Lunar Magic affected the Ancients too, such that they retreated to the caves entirely to avoid it? What eldritch effects would it have, even for a long-dead ancient? Would they be empowered?

It would be interesting if reanimating a fossil stalker on the lunar island had a unique effect, whether that resulted in a fightable boss monster or not. Like, even if it just refused to reanimate or immediately exploded that has lore implications, but if it did something genuinely useful - whether just by dropping a useful item after you beat the stuffing out of it, or by being a useful ally somehow like the regular Forest Stalker is when you have the shadow thurible, or, I don't know, triggering a special event flag like how killing the Fuelweaver resets the ruins - that'd definitely be a better reward for carting a bunch of fossil pieces and a shadow heart over to the lunar island.

4 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

Deerclops, spiderqueen, varg and treeguard

Also the ancient guardian in the ruins.

2 hours ago, Shosuko said:

You don't have to fight them if you don't want, but I think its a bit daft to claim optional bosses drop "little to no reward."  These drops are some of the best in the game.

You see I think the reason why they don't want to them is because they have repeatedly stated that they have wanted DST to become harder, and these boss items would make the game to easy for them. There is also the fact that they are barely pushing themselves by the fact that the worst world gemeration they can make is something that can be avoided by basing in the right location, so there is that.

15 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

-snip snip snip--

While it wpuld be interesting to see a lunar stalker, I also don't think it should be work because its made of shadows. As seen by how shadows and the shadow chesspieces can't spawn on the lunar island makes me believe that shadows literary can't be there and that is why there is a lack of them. Also since the Fuelweaver gets noticeably weaker as you go farther and farther away for the atrium, it gets weaker and weaker, so at the island it should be at its weakest, even if it could spawn. I just Don't it should be its own lunar mode becaise of its severe lack of power there and its shadow origin.

However, thats if we are talking about the Shadow Atrium. If we got a entirely new way to get a Lunar Ventricle or something them I would be on board with it since it would most likely be a new being. I still don't think it should have the ability for the shadow atruim to work on the lunar island, but having a simular kind of progression with the lunar as with the shadows with a skeleton simularity would be really cool.

1 minute ago, Frashaw27 said:

Also the ancient guardian in the ruins.

You see I think the reason why they don't want to them is because they have repeatedly stated that they have wanted DST to become harder, and these boss items would make the game to easy for them. There is also the fact that they are barely pushing themselves by the fact that the worst world gemeration they can make is something that can be avoided by basing in the right location, so there is that.

While it wpuld be interesting to see a lunar stalker, I also don't think it should be work because its made of shadows. As seen by how shadows and the shadow chesspieces can't spawn on the lunar island makes me believe that shadows literary can't be there and that is why there is a lack of them. Also since the Fuelweaver gets noticeably weaker as you go farther and farther away for the atrium, it gets weaker and weaker, so at the island it should be at its weakest, even if it could spawn. I just Don't it should be its own lunar mode becaise of its severe lack of power there and its shadow origin.

However, thats if we are talking about the Shadow Atrium. If we got a entirely new way to get a Lunar Ventricle or something them I would be on board with it since it would most likely be a new being. I still don't think it should have the ability for the shadow atruim to work on the lunar island, but having a simular kind of progression with the lunar as with the shadows with a skeleton simularity would be really cool.

caves were include before rog? 

I wouldn’t mind a Lunar Island Boss as long as it’s fight was unique, fighting it provides a decent reward, and most importantly of all.. it’s still completely doable Solo.

People seem to easily forget that despite the fact the game is called Don’t Starve Together that there still actually is an option to play Alone in an Offline Single Player world.

What I would REALLY like is for the game itself to get a complete Overhaul at least when it comes to Bosses.. they should be more like Borderlands- Meaning the Content Scales itself based on how many players are in the game session.

If your playing Alone they’ll have less HP, deal Less Damage and won’t have as many attacks..

But if your on one of those massive 20 person Servers then expect it to have like 10x as much Health, deal more damage, have some new found attacks that require cooperation and teamwork or well... You die.

TL:DR- Scale the Content based on how many players are playing the game!

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I wouldn’t mind a Lunar Island Boss as long as it’s fight was unique, fighting it provides a decent reward, and most importantly of all.. it’s still completely doable Solo.

People seem to easily forget that despite the fact the game is called Don’t Starve Together that there still actually is an option to play Alone in an Offline Single Player world.

All fights are doable solo, there are tons of videos on youtube for that exact reason. They maybe more resource intensive bit all are still completely doable.

43 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

caves were include before rog? 

Yes. This also means that the ruins were add and so the Ancient Guardian.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

for the moment every boss can be done solo, i think klei have it clear

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The vast majority of multiplayer videogames can be launched solo. It's basic functionality. They're still meant to be played with others.

Just use a HP mod.

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

The vast majority of multiplayer videogames can be launched solo. It's basic functionality. They're still meant to be played with others.

Just use a HP mod.

No.. your failing to understand.  Play Borderlands, play Left 4 Dead, play Gears of War or State of Decay...

games that scale their content to become significantly easier or harder based on how many players are playing the game.

its more than just a Health and Damage adjustment... they get new Abilities and Attack patterns they don’t normally have in Solo-Play.

And also- PS4, Xbox and now.. Nintendo do not have access to Mods.

Mods= The Answer to everything, If you happen to be playing on a PC.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No.. your failing to understand.  Play Borderlands, play Left 4 Dead, play Gears of War or State of Decay...

games that scale their content to become significantly easier or harder based on how many players are playing the game.

its more than just a Health and Damage adjustment... they get new Abilities and Attack patterns they don’t normally have in Solo-Play.

And also- PS4, Xbox and now.. Nintendo do not have access to Mods.

Mods= The Answer to everything, If you happen to be playing on a PC.

then kill them with his full HP, takes more time and its dangerous but feels good

Having different patters base of number of players  in this game could be cool but takes a time that its not worth, just make every fight impressive

edit: i will say more. Klei should put raid bosses more difficult. I kill them alone and was hard but when i tried with friends was like "thats all?"

Just now, thetricker1 said:

then kill them with his full HP, takes more time and its dangerous but feels good

Having different patters base of number of players  in this game could be cool but takes a time that its not worth, just make every fight impressive

In State of Decay 2.. there’s this fat zombie type called the Juggernaut in Single Player all it does is charge at you, or snatch you up and slam you back to the ground.

In Multiplayer where your actually supposed to RELY on other players to help you the Juggernaut gets a new found and horrifying ability, he can pick the player up and rip them into two separate halves for an instant one move kill if someone does not interrupt his Animation.

i want content scaling like that.. if I’m playing Multiplayer with a server full of 20 players, make the fight enjoyable for the 8 people engaging in it, instead of craft a couple helmets, armor, weapon.. Repeatedly smash it over the head till it’s dead.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

In State of Decay 2.. there’s this fat zombie type called the Juggernaut in Single Player all it does is charge at you, or snatch you up and slam you back to the ground.

In Multiplayer where your actually supposed to RELY on other players to help you the Juggernaut gets a new found and horrifying ability, he can pick the player up and rip them into two separate halves for an instant one move kill if someone does not interrupt his Animation.

i want content scaling like that.. if I’m playing Multiplayer with a server full of 20 players, make the fight enjoyable for the 8 people engaging in it, instead of craft a couple helmets, armor, weapon.. Repeatedly smash it over the head till it’s dead.

should be like that. For the moment we have Klaus burning and freezen the whole ******* ground when you are more than 1 xD

Mainly my point is why add more and more bosses to the game when the ones already IN the Game could be scaled to be more enjoyable fights based on how many players are playing..

Imagine if Reanimated Skeleton or Malbatross has something similar to the above mentioned Juggernaut where the skeleton snatched the player up by the head and if not free’d within a few seconds they’re crushed.

Malbatross could swoop in Snatching up a player and they could then require rescuing from its grasp before being thrown into the Ocean.. 

Bee Queens Bee Honey could Now Immobilize players in place similar to Ewecus Snot attacks.

More bosses are never a bad thing, but adding bosses just for the sake of adding new bosses puts us into the same category of Klei not wanting to do more playable characters just for the sake of adding more playable characters.

51 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Mainly my point is why add more and more bosses to the game when the ones already IN the Game could be scaled to be more enjoyable fights based on how many players are playing..

Imagine if Reanimated Skeleton or Malbatross has something similar to the above mentioned Juggernaut where the skeleton snatched the player up by the head and if not free’d within a few seconds they’re crushed.

Malbatross could swoop in Snatching up a player and they could then require rescuing from its grasp before being thrown into the Ocean.. 

Bee Queens Bee Honey could Now Immobilize players in place similar to Ewecus Snot attacks.

More bosses are never a bad thing, but adding bosses just for the sake of adding new bosses puts us into the same category of Klei not wanting to do more playable characters just for the sake of adding more playable characters.

with that klei said that if they put a new character its because he will be unique not a wilson clon like winona. That could be apply to bosses

Archived