jgog8

Achievements for Don't Starve Together

Recommended Posts

jgog8    2

Olá Pessoal! Gostaría que vocês pudessem  colocar um sistema bacana de conquistas no Don't Starve, conquistas como a do Gnomo no L4D2, desafiadora, que usa as mecânicas do jogo, mas no fim das contas foi só pra vc ter algo a mais para dizer à seus amigos na partida ou para rir durante a mesma.

TRANSLATING (SORRY 4 MY ENGLISH):

Hi Guys! I'd like you could make a funny achievements system for DST, achievements like the "Guardin' Gnome" in L4D2, challenging, using the game's mechanics, but in the end of the day it all was just for you laugh or have something else to share with your buddys at the call.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Superwolfkid    999
4 hours ago, jgog8 said:

Olá Pessoal! Gostaría que vocês pudessem  colocar um sistema bacana de conquistas no Don't Starve, conquistas como a do Gnomo no L4D2, desafiadora, que usa as mecânicas do jogo, mas no fim das contas foi só pra vc ter algo a mais para dizer à seus amigos na partida ou para rir durante a mesma.

TRANSLATING (SORRY 4 MY ENGLISH):

Hi Guys! I'd like you could make a funny achievements system for DST, achievements like the "Guardin' Gnome" in L4D2, challenging, using the game's mechanics, but in the end of the day it all was just for you laugh or have something else to share with your buddys at the call.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure Klei disliked putting achievements in because of the pointlessness of them, but what's funny enough is that on Console edition they had to add them, so Klei added this item called the "Acomplishrine" where not only it wasted your resources (10 Gold, 1, Cut Stone, and 6 I repeat SIX Gears!) It also wasted your time requiring you to activate the machine iIn one World exactly 725 times SEVENTY HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE TIMES and your reward for it? A puff of confetti, your character cheers and that's it... you also get the achievement though. "And despair"

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    3,063

It makes your finger hurt man.. don’t do that achievement.

But in all Seriousness Achievements aren’t all that bad. If you add them into a game just to boost your gamerscore rank than yeah they’re absolutely Pointless as Klei saw them to be.

HOWEVER, Achievements can also be seen as an Accomplishment or a way for the Developers to get the Gamer to explore their game in ways they normally wouldn’t..

Such as the Achievement in Batman Arkham Knight for landing a 350 hit combo on endless Thugs in Penguins Iceberg Lounge Without being hit, breaking Combo OR using any of your Bat-Gadgets. If you successfully manage to do this A secret Boss fight with Killer Croc Himself Happens and if you can manage to take him down the Achievement is yours.

Achievements would be an excellent way to get gamers to explore content that they normally wouldn’t have, or in this games case... Look Everything up on a Wikipedia Page so you can then learn how to Craft Chairs by throwing some items over into an Ancient Chest.

Something that absolutely NO ONE is going to know to do without looking it up on the Internet or without some clearer in-game clues.

But if a player checks their Achievements list and it has one for example reading: “Learn Common Knowledge from the Ancients”

and the Description Of Said Achievement tells you the combination of items to throw over into the Chest. Then that’s something you learned in the game by yourself through Achievements WITHOUT having to Resort to the DS Wiki.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trinket_4    874
3 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

I'm pretty sure Klei disliked putting achievements in because of the pointlessness of them

and yet Hot Lava, Oxygen Not Included, Mark of The Ninja, Invisible Inc, Shank all have achievements. But DST doesn't

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fimmatek    3,901
17 minutes ago, trinket_4 said:
3 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

I'm pretty sure Klei disliked putting achievements in because of the pointlessness of them

and yet Hot Lava, Oxygen Not Included, Mark of The Ninja, Invisible Inc, Shank all have achievements. But DST doesn't

The thing is, unlike the other games, DS/T's base idea is that you are dropped into a foreign world with no information on what comes at you and you should survive with what you find however you can. Klei's intention was to let the player explore the world/game and experience themselves, surviving and thriving on their own way.

ONI, Hot Lava, Invisible Inc. (and probably the others too, but I haven't played those) have a clear, given goal and you get the info about your environment, the equipment, techniques etc. DS/T, however, does not have a goal that you can reach (beside of surviving infinitely, and Adventure mode) and the devs found that achievements would pretty much backfire in long-term.

Here's the article they wrote back while DS was still not yet released. It describes pretty well why Klei didn't add any achievements to the game.

 https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035456011-Intrinsic-vs-Extrinsic-rewards

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wesbie    176
On 12/02/2020 at 9:12 AM, Arthur Egg said:

I write thanks to Google translator.
How do you like the idea of adding achievements to Dont Starve and Dont Starve Togetner? As an example, there are achievements on consoles and they are quite interesting

Many people complain about the achievements.

But Forge and Gorge have achievements it would be cool if events like. Hallowed Nights, Winters Feasts and Year of ... could have their own achievements.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    3,063
1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

-snip-

That’s what they said.. but I can think of several Achievements that could be added to DST that makes the player explore completely optional content to get the Achievements.  

One Such Example- “Island of the Misfit Toys” yes it’s a nod to an old Christmas movie.. 

but to get the Achievement you would need to get Bee Queens Crown &  Malbatross Sail, and then take them to Lunar Island.

This shows other player you’ve fought and killed these two bosses AND found the Lunar Island all in one somewhat simple.. Achievement. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jgog8    2

 

On 21/02/2020 at 10:16 PM, Mike23Ua said:

That’s what they said.. but I can think of several Achievements that could be added to DST that makes the player explore completely optional content to get the Achievements.  

One Such Example- “Island of the Misfit Toys” yes it’s a nod to an old Christmas movie.. 

but to get the Achievement you would need to get Bee Queens Crown &  Malbatross Sail, and then take them to Lunar Island.

This shows other player you’ve fought and killed these two bosses AND found the Lunar Island all in one somewhat simple.. Achievement. 

When i did the forum topic was think in this way, optional things to challenge you, like WES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Charlie Dark    278

I'm pretty sure they would be completely pointless... since some people can just use the console to spawn/cheat stuff in :/ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now