Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 395444

Gurgel    2843
7 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Drywall once again renders behind wires/conduits, because it is not their intent to block negative decor and it is visually misleading.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Edited by Gurgel

Lilalaunekuh    888
9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Reduce a tons of memory spend on Line of Sight tests. On one save, this cut down on 965MB of allocations during load

I hope that was my save game^^

I know it´s a free update, but it seems like a good (or my last) chance to ask for some features of mods I feel are mandatory to be added to the core game:

1. Wounded go to med bed  = Just let duplicants use med beds based on their current health.
  2. Falling Sand                       = A way to prevent the deletion of dig orders on falling tiles. (Or a way to reschedule them).
  • Like 4

Saturnus    3778

@Ipsquiggle If we are asking/can ask for even more features, and this being an automation update then pretty please with sugar on top add solid sensors to detect germs and temperature on conveyor rail materials. An element sensor for conveyor rails would be nice too but at least the first two should involve minimal effort on the dev team.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I hope that was my save game^^

I know it´s a free update, but it seems like a good (or my last) chance to ask for some features of mods I feel are mandatory to be added to the core game:

1. Wounded go to med bed  = Just let duplicants use med beds based on their current health.
  2. Falling Sand                       = A way to prevent the deletion of dig orders on falling tiles. (Or a way to reschedule them).

I support this.

Also:

Drywall once again renders behind wires/conduits, because it is not their intent to block negative decor and it is visually misleading.

How about making it an option in the setting menu?

It is not like we have to many options atm.

• Like 1

watermelen671    19520
15 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Duplicant will rescue a stranded Sweepy.

That's so cute! :wilson_smile:

15 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Sweepy anim improvements.

...back into the trenches I go.

• Haha 1

melquiades    154

Whatever you did, keep doing it.

The game runs smoother and with more fps, even at the preview stage.

Thank you for keep working on this game. Your dedication convinced me that i shouldn't just dismiss the DLC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pether    1101

Great work on the updates and I love the idea of the automation pack!

I don't see why the hammer should consume power? It does literaly nothing and is only a toy to play with when someone would want to build a piano. Of course it is nice option and I remember someone posted a thread about it so it is really nice you hear the community - but why balancing it with power?

Also - I started designs for game of life you guys requested on live stream. Initial thoughts are - there is a massive wire spaghetti even if I'd switch to logic ribbons. Of course, my initial desing could be flawed with some area for improvements, but what I see is - wireless signal emiters and receivers could help a lot and this pack is a great moment to add them. They could be balanced with high-tier material or power usage.

+1 to the ideas stated above - solid sensors is something that automation needs a lot and it is great opportunity to add them to the pack. No time like the present!

I can also see that logic ribbons open great potential for some new logic gates! 2-tile AND4 and OR4 gates that convert 4-bit ribbon signal into 1-bit wire signal using AND/OR operations, or SHIFT gate shifting bits in the ribbon left or right.

Do ribbons work with existing AND, OR, NOT, XOR gates performing corresponding operation to each of ribbon bits to produce 4-bit output? I believe they should. I also assume that the bridge can be connected to the ribbon, right?

Let me add how much I love ONI, especially for all fun that if offers with logic automation! I'm so happy for this pack and I hope you will not miss the opportunity to make it even better! I personaly could wait longer, how much it would take, to make it even more fun! Thanks a lot again!

Edited by pether

Sasza22    3652
On 19.02.2020 at 11:31 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Created new codex category for robots. Moved Sweepy there.

Guys, you know what that means, right? We`ll be getting more robots in the future.

• Haha 2

SharraShimada    1110
37 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Guys, you know what that means, right? We`ll be getting more robots in the future.

Or they just added the category, because the bot does not fit in any other.