Canis    11,408

I like these ideas, a lot. They are very similar to ones I have had, so I am going to dump them all here (Taking some ideas from you ;) )

Spoiler

The core idea of this proposed mechanic is to change how the system overload works. Instead of giving you a flat speed boost, it would instead overcharge your current circuit for, say, 4 minutes. However, once those 4 minutes are up, it will short circuit and malfunction for 8 minutes. When the overcharge ends, WX will play a special animation of twitching and malfunctioning, ending with a sound of a mechanical explosion and him emitting large amounts of smoke. This animation lasts for several seconds. This is meant to give overcharges a risk to use, to counterbalance it's insanely high reward. 

Circuits cannot be unequipped when overcharged.

If a circuit becomes wet by any means, it will behave as if it WX was short-circuited until it becomes dry.

Destroyer Circuit:
*+25% Damage
*+20% damage Resistance
*-15% movement speed

When Overcharged:
*+100% Damage
*80% Damage Resistance
*No movement speed penalty

When Short Circuited:
*-50% Damage
*+25% Damage Vulnerability
*-20% movement speed

Factory Circuit:
*+50% Harvesting speed
*+25% Crafting speed
*+15% Movement speed
*+50% Hunger drain speed

When Overcharged:
Instant harvesting
*+66% Crafting Speed
*+50% Movement Speed
When Short Circuited:
*-50% Harvesting and Crafting Speed
*-20% Movement Speed

Eco Circuit:
*-50% Hunger drain, sanity auras are 50% less effective.
*-15% damage
*-25% harvesting/crafting speed.
*-10% Movement Speed

When Overcharged:
*+100% Damage
*+100% Swing speed, Harvesting/Crafting speed.
*+33% Movement Speed
*The overlay becomes distorted and glitch-y.
*WX emits smoke and sparks violently.

When Short Circuited:
* You explode.

(This is meant to be a low-reward Circuit when not overcharged. However, once overcharged WX becomes the absolute deadliest character in the game, although only for a limited time before dying.)

Malware:
*Immediately Short Circuit

When Short Circuited:
*Max Sanity is set to 0 and WX experiences the effects of a nightmare amulet for 8 minutes.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 3

GetRektKids    1,005

How has nobody else posted on this? These are all great ideas! 

I really like different stats/ideas for WX-78 he definitely needs a rework and this is the way to do it. I like that he can have different stats for different play styles! If you want to be the next Wolfgang, so be it! If you want to be a support gatherer, so be it! If you want to be the next speedy Gonzalez, so be it! 

One question though, if you get the map fully explored is there a way to switch mode things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superwolfkid    999
1 minute ago, GetRektKids said:

How has nobody else posted on this? These are all great ideas! 

I really like different stats/ideas for WX-78 he definitely needs a rework and this is the way to do it. I like that he can have different stats for different play styles! If you want to be the next Wolfgang, so be it! If you want to be a support gatherer, so be it! If you want to be the next speedy Gonzalez, so be it! 

One question though, if you get the map fully explored is there a way to switch mode things?

Thank you! I'm glad to see that you understood the concept. Making WX-78 more of an actual Robot and actually making his perks have more flavor and make them meaningful.

I thought that WX-78 should have more control of his chips so it's possible to just take one out and pop another one back in very easily. You could also use the chip for the speed benefits as well if you already explored all of the map.

• Like 2

GetRektKids    1,005
32 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

29 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

20200220_120536.jpg

WX-78 truly is ready to CRUSH some puny fleshling cowards.

EDIT: AM I THE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCING THESE QUOTING AND SPOILER ISSUES?!?!?!?!?!?! 

Edit #2: I think it's getting worse with every edit....

Edit #3: @__IvoCZE__ it also happens when quoting people in certain circumstances.

Edited by GetRektKids
  • Sad 2