Mroviz

Problem with fps during boss fights

Mroviz    146

Hello, I have experienced weird fps drops during Bee Queen and Toadstool fight. Espacially during Toadstool fight, fps drops are MASSIVE. The longer the battle takes, the more fps drops. When Toadstool was on like 20% of its health the game was almost unplayable and I took unnecessary damage, which, of course, leaded to my death. It seems that simple relog fixes the issue for a while, but sometimes it's just impossible to quit during fight, and I am afraid that the boss will vanish when I leave. Did anyone experienced such low frame rates during boss fights? Is there a solution for this kind of problem?

Edited by Mroviz

Charlie Dark    3047

I have a rather "high" end pc, and I don't experience any frame rate issues, if you do try changing your in game settings, your game will look a little worse but it could run better, if you do have a low-end computer.

Dunk Mujunk    1378

We play on PS4 and had some FPS issues during Toad. I suspect ours had to do with a combination of Flings, rain, and earthquakes all going on at once. It did seem that as the frequency of Toads ground pound move increased so did the lag, especially during the ground pound.

We use Bunnymen for BeeQueen, and during that fight we get the rubberbanding flavor of lag. Its bad enough that one of us will usually leave base and hang out in the middle of nowhere while the other supervises the Bunny/Bee battle. We always get the rubberbanding when BQ screeches and its night. Doesnt seem to happen during dusk.

I'm also sure a good portion of the blame for our issues lie in running split screen on a single PS4.

Mroviz    146
3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

specs of you pc? do you use mods?

8 GB RAM, GTX960, i5-6400
Yes, I use Combined Status, Geometric Placement, Food Values, Epic Health Bar, Health info, Gesture wheel. Nothing that would really change the gameplay.

1 hour ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

We play on PS4 and had some FPS issues during Toad. I suspect ours had to do with a combination of Flings, rain, and earthquakes all going on at once. It did seem that as the frequency of Toads ground pound move increased so did the lag, especially during the ground pound.

We use Bunnymen for BeeQueen, and during that fight we get the rubberbanding flavor of lag. Its bad enough that one of us will usually leave base and hang out in the middle of nowhere while the other supervises the Bunny/Bee battle. We always get the rubberbanding when BQ screeches and its night. Doesnt seem to happen during dusk.

I'm also sure a good portion of the blame for our issues lie in running split screen on a single PS4.

I am playing on PC. I don't use any tactics you have mentioned. I fight all bosses with my weapons and armor with some healing.

ArubaroBeefalo    1801
29 minutes ago, Mroviz said:

8 GB RAM, GTX960, i5-6400
Yes, I use Combined Status, Geometric Placement, Food Values, Epic Health Bar, Health info, Gesture wheel. Nothing that would really change the gameplay.

I am playing on PC. I don't use any tactics you have mentioned. I fight all bosses with my weapons and armor with some healing.

you have similar than me and they are not hard changing mods... have you check background process, malware, etc? or try to turn off combined status or heal info, i have suscribe these 2 but i have them turn off  and epic health bar doesnt give me anyproblem the other day i have activate it ,im always with ~60 with almost same specs so is the only real difference. If whis continue try to reinstall the game

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Charlie Dark    3047

also I forgot to tell you! Turn off lag compensation and screen shake, the fight will be much much easier (with deerclops at least). If you find it harder well change the settings back to what they were.

• Like 1

lakhnish    1654
On 3/11/2020 at 7:43 PM, Mroviz said:

Food Values

Sounds likes the symptoms you are describing are because of this mod. If you want a mod that shows food values, use the item info mod, or the show me mod, both of which don't cause this issue.

You'll also find a bunch of rot in your world that will need cleaning up, cause this mod has a bug that spawns food at a fixed location every time you examine something. Give yourself godmode and do a c_gonext("spoiled_food") to find it and burn it.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:43 PM, Mroviz said:

Nothing that would really change the gameplay.

This does not mean that mods won't cause issues when it can, even if the mod's description may not sound like it caused your problem :>

Here is also the DST bug tracker for future issues you may face as well :>

• Like 2

Well-met    1884

oddly enough since a few weeks ago, when my local server autosaves after a night, my frame rate is cut in half for a few seconds. That didn't use to happen before RoT Fish Ink update

ArubaroBeefalo    1801
48 minutes ago, Well-met said:

oddly enough since a few weeks ago, when my local server autosaves after a night, my frame rate is cut in half for a few seconds. That didn't use to happen before RoT Fish Ink update

you had luck until then, i think it normal. Since DS vanilla, saving drops the fps during the process (at least for me)

• Like 1

Well-met    1884
27 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you had luck until then, i think it normal. Since DS vanilla, saving drops the fps during the process (at least for me)

Yes, for a moment.

but what I mean lingers for a good 10 seconds, even long after the saving process is over with.

ArubaroBeefalo    1801
6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Yes, for a moment.

but what I mean lingers for a good 10 seconds, even long after the saving process is over with.

that is weird

well what i always do when a game is updated and give me problems is reinstall it or maybe you have mods that arent update by their creators

Mroviz    146
On 13.03.2020 at 4:26 PM, lakhnish said:

Sounds likes the symptoms you are describing are because of this mod. If you want a mod that shows food values, use the item info mod, or the show me mod, both of which don't cause this issue.

You'll also find a bunch of rot in your world that will need cleaning up, cause this mod has a bug that spawns food at a fixed location every time you examine something. Give yourself godmode and do a c_gonext("spoiled_food") to find it and burn it.

This does not mean that mods won't cause issues when it can, even if the mod's description may not sound like it caused your problem :>

Here is also the DST bug tracker for future issues you may face as well :>

Does rot spawn randomly or in one specific place? Because i've tried to burn as much rot as I have found but after like 10 minutes i have found a couple of stacks in one place as well as 4 cooked mandrakes. That was on the ocean.

lakhnish    1654
11 hours ago, Mroviz said:

Does rot spawn randomly or in one specific place? Because i've tried to burn as much rot as I have found but after like 10 minutes i have found a couple of stacks in one place as well as 4 cooked mandrakes. That was on the ocean.

In one specific place. Going by the 4 cooked mandrakes, that's the spot it was spawning stuff at.