Terra M Welch

Wilson rework ideas - What do you think would be done?

Terra M Welch    2,971

What would you think would be done for wilson whenever he gets reworked?

Personally I was thinking his beard would be an aid in all seasons instead of just winter. It would keep its current winter insulation, but would also provide water resistance based on how long it is and would give summer insulation aswell. Multipurpose beard!

It could also still be shaved of course.

Discuss

Edited by Terra M Welch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ArubaroBeefalo    668
1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

While having multipurpose beard would've been great, it sadly wouldn't be very realistic considering how hot summer is in DST world. In real life even a short beard in summer will be driving you insane because of all the sweating. How about having a magnificent beard restore tam-o-shanter level amount of sanity per minute? After all, It's called magnificent for a reason, and Wilson can grow beard in an environment where adult men like Wolfgang or Maxwell can't which probably would make him feel entitled.

when you shave you realise how warm gives a beard, i cant imagine surviving in the extreme summer of dst with a beard as long as my body xD

But i like the idea of sanity boost when i long

• Like 3

CaptainChaotica    4,781
1 hour ago, bugsmand said:

7 more stages of beard until he's just one big ball that can roll around. Crush everything in his path.

La LAAAA, la la la la la, la la, la KAT-A-MAR-I BEARD-A-SHI...

(sorrynotsorry.  ;))

As fun as Tumblebeard Wilson would be...yeah, you really do need to be able to shave it in summer.  Maybe something more to do with his being a scientist? But I'm not sure which way is best yet.  Hmmm...

...Notorious

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    2,939

From his vignettes I get the vibe of Curious, Scientist, Explorer.

But I’m not sure how that would work in Game-Play.

I Hear people say that Wilson is a Failed Scientist a lot but how do we know that for Sure..? Maybe it’s just that ONE potion he was Mixing that blew up in his face some of his other Vignettes found in the Curio Cabinet though suggest differently.

zVince    1,898
11 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

In my opinion he should be seen more as a REAL scientist that uses knowledge of his surroundings in his advantage and is known as one, not just a guy that grows a beard.

Exactly! 
His personality and knowledge is not harnessed at all in gameplay.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I forget who made this suggestion, so for that I apologize. I heard someone suggest that Wilson can create temporary special potions that only have a 66% chance of doing what it is supposed to do. The other 33% wouldn't be harmful effects, just goofy and not what you wanted them to do. I thought it fit his character pretty well.
You want a potion that gives you a positive sanity increase? Here, it might turn you into a rabbit though.
You want a potion that increases your max health until you lose it? Here, it might put you to sleep though.
You want a powerful, yet expensive potion that gives you nightvision? Here, it might make your character only able to do Wes animations for examinations.

Maybe have science 1 already available as standard. It makes more sense than Wickerbottom.

• Like 2

Dr. Safety    2,190
2 hours ago, zVince said:

Maybe have science 1 already available as standard. It makes more sense than Wickerbottom.

Eh, I disagree to an extent. I kind of see the whole game of Don't Starve as Wilson's personal journey in becoming a successful scientist. Before he came to the constant he was terrible. Wickerbottom is just the smartest character in my eyes so it would make sense for her not to need to have the journey that Wilson does

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    2,939

It’s a total troll move.. but What If Wilson was the only one who could craft the Science or Alchemy Engine? hahahaha now THAT would be funny.

• Haha 2