Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Icy Shield

Unresolved "Quality of life" update bugs from January 2019: World ending Season bosses bug

Icy Shield    0

Ever since "Quality of life" update some season bosses will keep teleporting to your location when you try to escape. Most notably  Bearger and Dragonfly.
If you try leave area boss will teleport to your area.
Attempting to de-aggro boss on other boss doesn't help.
If you try using wormhole, boss will reaper on other side. No matter how many times I tried to jump back and fourth
Using telelocator staff on boss or yourself won't help either. Same result

Why I calling this an World ending season boss bug? Because the only way to get rid of them is to kill them and if you can't they kill you. THIS SPECIFICALLY GOES FOR DRAGONFLY that near impossible to kite, burn your entire base and fly faster than you can run and will constantly pursuit you.

-How to replicate:
Wait for boss to spawn and then attempt to escape. Summer boss Dragonfly will guaranteed to have this bug compare to other season bosses.
(Not sure if spawning via console will bring same result. You need to wait for boss naturally.)

Don't Starve Steam version Pc

The Noon Fish    2208
7 hours ago, Icy Shield said:

Wait for boss to spawn and then attempt to escape. Summer boss Dragonfly will guaranteed to have this bug compare to other season bosses.

Dragonfly follows you through wormwholes before the QoL update iirc.

7 hours ago, Icy Shield said:

THIS SPECIFICALLY GOES FOR DRAGONFLY that near impossible to kite, burn your entire base and fly faster than you can run and will constantly pursuit you.

All bosses give a warning before spawning, like hounds (except for moose/goose, who only honks once before spawning due to not actually being able to destroy structures, only damages them if they have hp like walls) and all characters will announce a boss is spawning as well

Spoiler

(except for wes, who does not speak)

so im going to assume that 1.) you were doing something that made the characters say something that overrode the boss warning 2.) you were playing as wes and whatever lets you hear sound inside the pc is broken or 3.) you were playing a character but didn't hear the boss sounds/had music too loud and forgot they even said anything.

also about the "impossible to kite", i'd recommend  this video for you to watch for dragonfly.

Icy Shield    0

1 hour ago, The Noon Fish said:

Dragonfly follows you through wormwholes before the QoL update iirc.

All bosses give a warning before spawning, like hounds (except for moose/goose, who only honks once before spawning due to not actually being able to destroy structures, only damages them if they have hp like walls) and all characters will announce a boss is spawning as well

Dragonfly follows you through wormholes? I don't remember that ever happen. And okay if it's true. It doesn't explain how Dragonfly can just teleport to you when you teleported yourself or her at random location on the map. It also doesn't explain why Dragonfly teleporting to you when she isn't even aggroed on player.

And does Bearger "follow" you through wormholes is normal as well (or just teleporting in general)? Although it seem like random chance if he will be teleporting to you or not.

It seem like something bugged and bosses reapers like they're some kind of followers, similar to chester or be-friended pigs who teleport to you when you walk from them too far away. Makes me believe something went wrong in coding when Klei added DST content in single player Don't Starve

Icy Shield    0
1 hour ago, The Noon Fish said:
  Reveal hidden contents

(except for wes, who does not speak)

so im going to assume that 1.) you were doing something that made the characters say something that overrode the boss warning 2.) you were playing as wes and whatever lets you hear sound inside the pc is broken or 3.) you were playing a character but didn't hear the boss sounds/had music too loud and forgot they even said anything.

I'm well aware how Hounds wave attacks and boss spawn works. And their warning roars. I have 700h in Don't Starve (+Shipwrecked/Reign of Giants).

It's not the spawn, but the constant teleporting like followers. (Dragonfly,Bearger )

The Noon Fish    2208
8 hours ago, Icy Shield said:

I have 700h in Don't Starve (+Shipwrecked/Reign of Giants).

my bad.

8 hours ago, Icy Shield said:

Dragonfly follows you through wormholes? I don't remember that ever happen. And okay if it's true. It doesn't explain how Dragonfly can just teleport to you when you teleported yourself or her at random location on the map.

i've only had dragonfly following me through wormholes, not any other boss, and i never really used the purple staff. I also had dragonfly actively follow me in general despite not being aggro'd at me. I think dragonfly and bearger are the only two ones that are more aggressive than deerclops(?) but i could be wrong??

i know that moose goose doesnt follow because she just shows up, honks at you to shoo you away, lay her egg and despawn.

i do know that dragonfly did follow you through wormholes way before QoL update, and that its suppose to deter players from turtling into their base and never leaving.