8200 days public server and still running

8 minutes = 1 day, 80 = 10 days.

6300 divided by 80 = 78 hours.

Keep in mind that I failed Math in high school, and other methods to try and solve this were too infuriating for my small ape brain to handle. I  deeply encourage you to check my math and prove me wrong because it's literally 3 AM rn.

10 minutes ago, Canis said:

Keep in mind that I failed Math in high school, and other methods to try and solve this were too infuriating for my small ape brain to handle. I  deeply encourage you to check my math and prove me wrong because it's literally 3 AM rn.

It's more around 840 hours. But if it's 3AM, I forgive you.

26 minutes ago, Canis said:

6300 ingame-days = 6300*8 minutes = 6300*8/60 hours = 6300*8/60/24 reallife-days = 35 reallife-days (= 5 weeks)

Wanted to ask about bad ping for me on klei all public servers then i noticed these guys who is usually screaming "griefer" and kicking. It was just one time i wanted put out you guys from misery and get you in to life and still you can t forget. Public server is meant for any player, not for 3 or more potato cup face controlling dudes.

1 hour ago, Bleksmits said:

Wanted to ask about bad ping for me on klei all public servers then i noticed these guys who is usually screaming "griefer" and kicking. It was just one time i wanted put out you guys from misery and get you in to life and still you can t forget. Public server is meant for any player, not for 3 or more autistic face controlling dudes.

That isn't very polite.

So far The Catcoon Den server has been very polite and not toxic, from what you have written it sounds like you actually attempted to grief there.

25 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

attempted to grief there.

Yes your kind knows only 2 colors White and "grief" Actually i confused this with another server since i getting bad ping. There was another copy cats who tried to make same with eu servers. It goed terrible for them and another players who tired play there. Still remember how i rushed with Woodie after orb who was putted on raft some where in ocean switched to Wicker, found them..

Yes confuse pal! Do what you must. Put your "not one of us!" thingy. Be part of Big not small. Eliminate criticism to 0

2 hours ago, Bleksmits said:

Wanted to ask about bad ping for me on klei all public servers then i noticed these guys who is usually screaming "griefer" and kicking. It was just one time i wanted put out you guys from misery and get you in to life and still you can t forget. Public server is meant for any player, not for 3 or more autistic face controlling dudes.

54 minutes ago, Bleksmits said:

Yes your kind knows only 2 colors White and "grief" Actually i confused this with another server since i getting bad ping. There was another copy cats who tried to make same with eu servers. It goed terrible for them and another players who tired play there. Still remember how i rushed with Woodie after orb who was putted on raft some where in ocean switched to Wicker, found them..

Yes confuse pal! Do what you must. Put your "not one of us!" thingy. Be part of Big not small. Eliminate criticism to 0

Honestly, all I got out of this was that you tried to grief, and then tried to play the victim. Pretty much everything else you said makes little sense.

Me reacting with Confused means literally what it is; I am confused via how you made the two posts.

Also I am not a part of any current megabase server (outside of my personally-hosted ones)

8 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Me reacting with Confused means literally what it is; I am confused via how you made the two posts.

Also I am not a part of any current megabase server (outside of my personally-hosted ones)

My bets are : english isn't his best language, troll, frustration that can't be expressed due to his lack of english.

Or just everything mixed together.

Personally I really dislike whenever Klei Officials get out of control like this. Klei Officials are the most, well, official way to experience the game on a public server, they're non-player-hosted servers with no admin interaction that reset every in-game year or so. I have a ton of fun joining pubs and just playing through the early game, it's like the McDonalds playground experience of meeting a bunch of people you'll likely never see again and having an absolute blast with them until it's time to leave. But there's so few Klei Officials, and when one lasts so long like this it means there's even fewer options for playing the game in that kind of environment.

It especially bothers me because in my experience this kind of thing doesn't happen naturally, it's not just that people happened to keep joining at the right times for the server to keep going, it's that these servers almost always have a few people with hundreds to thousands of days online at any time. It's that people with high day counts rotate in and out to make sure there's always enough people to stop a vote to regen, and thus always enough people that everyone will never all be dead at the same time. Regardless of how polite the people playing are, it's still very scummy in my opinion to hold a Klei Official hostage so that you can play it the way you want to, rather than just getting some friends together and setting up a dedicated server of your own.

44 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Pretty much everything else you said makes little sense.

So you are telling me grief and playing victim makes sense. In your place I would be say. "nothing from all what you told makes sense" should sound more dramatic.

3 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

My bets are : english isn't his best language, troll, frustration that can't be expressed due to his lack of english.

Or just everything mixed together.

you forgot i am grief and bad in any means. Yes my Eng isn't native. Wait now i must google translate what that word is. It takes to long time. Okay forums is not Dst community at all its Forum community Sorry about me being bitter! have fun so long i have some game to play. Good evening and most important Health!

So you are telling me grief and playing victim makes sense. In your place I would be say. "nothing from all what you told makes sense" should sound more dramatic.

I was seeking clarification, not drama. I was hoping you would try to explain the situation a bit better, but you instead decide to respond with... well... drama...

3 hours ago, Spicy Eggplant said:

wow it must have a very large base. Post another screenshot please :D

Not exactly an in-game render, but here's an overview of the "main" base area:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ac7209e7a6bfa4caa1046e921a99d2cd.png

I've highlighted the OP's heart in a red square, for reference.  Cavern turf tiles I don't have colours for, so they're hot pink.

The tiny dots represent entity densities in a 1 unit square (wall size) from black to red going from lowest to highest density.

And yes, NSFW means exactly that.  I'm not showing you that artwork here.

Here's an actual live depiction of someone breaking down the heart in the OP on a real server: https://streamable.com/oublk

35 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Not exactly an in-game render, but here's an overview of the "main" base area:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.ac7209e7a6bfa4caa1046e921a99d2cd.png

I've highlighted the OP's heart in a red square, for reference.  Cavern turf tiles I don't have colours for, so they're hot pink.

The tiny dots represent entity densities in a 1 unit square (wall size) from black to red going from lowest to highest density.

And yes, NSFW means exactly that.  I'm not showing you that artwork here.

I happened to take a screenshot of a small part of the mega base back then, well my time isn't long since I got bored as there isn't much to do there. (also I got a screenshot of said NSFW display albeit someone edited it)

The mega base overall is a showcase of the long term players' base building skills, and it currently beats the old record (clayfish server) for the no. of days alive (last check: 6619 days), also I think the layout is still undergoing changes and beware of the host ping if you are entering the server.

save.thumb.jpg.bb816bdd267dbd45ccf8239503494dd0.jpg

Archived