Kuba5565

Discussion about problem with Suggestions & Feedback forum

Kuba5565    3206
8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I also think that DST & DST Return of Them should be merged into one topic as well with only ONE exception.

Return of Them Beta & Beta Bugs.. That way posting Return of Them Content in General Discussion isn’t met with “Blargggghhh that doesn’t Belong Here PMing Admin now so it is Moved!!”

..... like seriously, how the Heck is ANY Newer player going to be able to differentiate between what is Return of Them content and what is Core gameplay content.. when what they’re playing (unless they’re in Beta phase) IS Core Gameplay Content???

It probably will be when the updates for this dlc will end, i don't know how it was with the new reign here on forums but it isn't seperate thread so.

bruhmoment23    2089

I can't say much about this situation since i'm new to these forums, but there seems to be alot of controversy about the topic of suggestion forum that isn't gaining  any popularity or having idea threads moved from general discussion into suggestion thread which people think is somekind of scrapyard where everything falls into oblivion. I agree with @Sunset Skye since the value of an idea/post shouldnt be measured by it's popularity or amount of replies but rather the sole creativity of it and thoughts behind it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Kuba5565    3206

I agree with you @Sunset Skye you made really good points there.

14 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

the value of an idea/post shouldnt be measured by it's popularity or amount of replies but rather the sole creativity of it and thoughts behind it.

Yes, creativity before popularity.

6 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

make it a sub-forum for general discussion(or some kind of shortcut link), so it's easier to spot for those who tend to stick to general discussion.

I think it would be better solution

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I can agree to this, but my point behind Return of Them related content still stands...

HOW is ANYONE who goes out buys this game TODAY going to know the difference between Return of Them and Core Gameplay Content? Because for them RoT IS Core Content.

HOWEVER.. Anyone in the BETA Branch should have A thread for Return of Them BETA feedback & Bugs.

I think that

36 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

It probably will be when the updates for this dlc will end, i don't know how it was with the new reign here on forums but it isn't seperate thread so.

Szczuku    10914

The 2 subforums should stay as they are. That means separated.

What should be done however is deffinitely moving Sugestions and Feedback higher. As of now it's way to low for most forum users to notice.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

Regardless, I dislike this idea that's developed lately that the likeliness of a suggestion being added depends on how many funny forum points and replies it gets, that's just not true. I made a suggestion months ago which only got a singular reply, but it also got a reaction from a dev, and then got implemented into the game (two types of Koi during the lunar new year). That suggestion might've exploded if I had put it in the general discussion forum, but it also probably wouldn't have been seen by the people who can actually make it happen officially

Sure, great idea.

But it's not only sunshine and rainbows now, is it.

What if devs find an 'unpopular' suggestion and decide to add it into the game but then it turns out that the community hates it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

shadowDigga    436
2 hours ago, JoeW said:

First - it's very unlikely and has only happened a couple times that we would take any one suggestion wholesale and implement that.

It's actually pretty sad to think that by coming up with an idea and posting it in suggestions forum someone would be making it less likely to ever be implemented than if he/she never mentioned it so the devs can come up to it themselves and not be worried about 'copying'. It also means that if QoL updates are planned their design phase would take much longer than if some of the ready community suggestions were implemented.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

I have posted replies like this in the past and maybe at some point I will pin it somewhere or something, but for now I feel it's better to just explain from time to time. 

Perhaps a pinned topic regarding current suggestions policy in corresponding suggestions forum will be more noticeable (so people would consider whether to post their idea or not) than a single post in a non-pinned topic in _general_ discussion that will go down the first page within few days. But that's just my opinion.

Rinkusan    519
2 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

It's actually pretty sad to think that by coming up with an idea and posting it in suggestions forum someone would be making it less likely to ever be implemented than if he/she never mentioned it so the devs can come up to it themselves and not be worried about 'copying'. It also means that if QoL updates are planned their design phase would take much longer than if some of the ready community suggestions were implemented.

I don't think that's what Joe meant, though that interpretation is definitely understandable. He said that very rarely will a given idea in its entirety will be brought into the game exactly the way it was originally presented. That doesn't mean some version of the idea is less likely to enter the game; just that the original idea word-for-word is not likely to enter the game.

Based on Joe's clarification that "their value is generally far more than just the original suggestion, but the thoughts and ideas that come from the conversation it brings", I think this interpretation was what he was going for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1