CaptainChaotica    4869

But you NEED the beard long to help with warmth in the winter!  Don't make it a liability!  (And on his sprite, even at full length it does _not_ go down long enough to trip him.  It's long, but not THAT long.)

Also I like the idea that at least _some_ character has a plain play-style, with nothing you have to constantly watch out for and balance or babysit.  A character you can just...PLAY, as.  Explore the world and figure out how to survive at your own pace.  That's valuable for newbies who are just learning how the controls even work, _and_ valuable for veterans who want to play but also want a rest.

A blank slate allows you to play YOUR way.  Specific traits force a specific playstyle, or at least make it much harder to do a different one.

...Notorious

GenomeSquirrel    652

The argument I make to the “blank slate” one is that Wickerbottom, Woody, Wolfgang, Winona, and Willow all function well as blank slates. That being Wilson likely wouldn’t save anyone from their weakness, at best they’d live another minute.

meepmoop    203
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I believe even Klei themselves have stated that they want to flesh out the characters making them each unique and interesting to play as.

Wilson as Basic gameplay and Wes as Hardcore Gameplay only works in Single Player Don’t Starve.

In a Multiplayer setting though (where everyone else is getting awesome & fun refreshed abilities) keeping them that way just makes them bland & boring in the end result.

I dont have strong preference either way. I am just afraid of taking away from what already is in the game.

Terra M Welch    3065

whenever wilson gets a change, make his beard more of an aid for all seasons, have the beard give some water resistance, and instead of a penalty in summer, make his almighty beard of science help him out in summer too!

(Sorry for bad suggestion)

• Like 1

some guy59    129

ok so maybe the speed thing was a bad idea but i still think that the thing getting caught in the beard would be a good idea ince his beard is SO LONG that all sorts of stuff could get stuck in it like basic materials such as rocks sticks and maybe some more other things like pine cones or seeds

• Haha 1

Ismael Marin    280
On 13/2/2020 at 4:26 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I believe even Klei themselves have stated that they want to flesh out the characters making them each unique and interesting to play as.

Wilson as Basic gameplay and Wes as Hardcore Gameplay only works in Single Player Don’t Starve.

In a Multiplayer setting though (where everyone else is getting awesome & fun refreshed abilities) keeping them that way just makes them bland & boring in the end result.

Exactly, you can't NEVER put a bad character in a multiplayer game, and more when we're talking about a game where teamwork is crucial, it just doesn't fits

meepmoop    203
6 hours ago, Ismael Marin said:

Exactly, you can't NEVER put a bad character in a multiplayer game, and more when we're talking about a game where teamwork is crucial, it just doesn't fits

Wilson is not bad though. Its easier to survive as him then with several other characters.

Because of the no-drawbacks feature he is also the most versatile option. Any play style viable with him.

I can accept Wes getting 'buffed' (hate this term) but I hope the most extreme Wilson changes (if there would be any) would be stat changes and not adding him some kinds of drawbacks.

DST is vastly more polished version of DS and there are a lot of solo players who would still want to use a neutral character.

Edited by meepmoop

Ismael Marin    280
1 hour ago, meepmoop said:

Wilson is not bad though. Its easier to survive as him then with several other characters.

Because of the no-drawbacks feature he is also the most versatile option. Any play style viable with him.

I can accept Wes getting 'buffed' (hate this term) but I hope the most extreme Wilson changes (if there would be) would be stat changes and not adding him some kinds of drawbacks.

DST is vastly more polished version of DS and there are a lot of solo players who would still want to use a neutral character.

It seems like some people want more characters and more abilities and hope to get those through reworks (as in they got bored with Wilson, so they prefer him being replaced with a new Wilson).

I dont think there is a need for this, Klei already stated that there is going to be another character. Who know maybe there will be more in the years to come.

Nah, i don't mean Wilson, Wilson can be useful as heck with his beard! (Meat Effigy) But Wes... Yeaaah...

GenomeSquirrel    652
1 hour ago, Ismael Marin said:

Nah, i don't mean Wilson, Wilson can be useful as heck with his beard! (Meat Effigy) But Wes... Yeaaah...

Wilson is the second worst source of bear hair (as a Willow main I use a lot)

Rabbit hutch farm  >  Befriending beardlings to murder them in their sleep  >  Obscene number of traps > some questionably safe way of farming monkeys (Wendy for example) > Wilson  > Tumbleweeds

• Thanks 1

minespatch    67913
9 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

That hamster wheel always makes me laugh.

If the carrat and wheel were released back then, I've would've used that.:wilson_ecstatic:

Canis    11417
5 hours ago, minespatch said:

5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.pngIt is.

Please be legs, please be legs, please be legs...

• Haha 3

Lammarr    1757
15 minutes ago, some guy59 said:

so i guess i'm just going to get ignored here and let some of my ideas go to waste

Your idea doesn't seem to make Wilson more fun to play as,it only gives him free basic items by doing basically nothing.

• Thanks 1