Ipsquiggle

Oxygen Not Included Roadmap February 2020

Def automation wires, i'm calling it. Man I can't wait for more information, though it's kinda unfourtunate you can't share much of what's happening when it comes to DLC. Can't wait for nuclear potentially c:

• Like 1

Check the blue cable .... they just make a join cable connection ??? 

2 minutes ago, WafflyNimb said:

Shut up and take my money! I already feel like a thief for enjoying this game so much for such a little price! So HAND me that DLC and I will FORK over BUCKETS of cash! :D

Buuuut while we're at the topic: I'm sure you're in desperate need for suggestions what should go into that DLC and let me sumn up everything you need in 3.6 words: Nu Cle Ar! Ever since I watched HBO's chernobyl series, I cannot wait to have my Dupes blow up my very own RBMK!

And now for that screenshot: Ahem... WHAT! IS! THAT! Are these several parallel Automation wires in one line of tiles!? OMG! The possibilities! This change alone is already huge!

Thank you so very much for bringing so much joy with this game! It really deserves more Mainstream Coverage! it's such a tragedy what happened to Brothgar :(

I hope they adopt the same stuff for the regular electric cables. 

Junksteel    804

Nice to know you guys are actively working on the game and taking feedback from the community. At least we are sure that we will have the best ONI we can get. Thanks!

• Like 1

Vuelhering    14
1 hour ago, WafflyNimb said:

I'm sure you're in desperate need for suggestions what should go into that DLC and let me sumn up everything you need in 3.6 words: Nu Cle Ar!

If you guys do implement nuclear energy, please remember we already have steam turbines... using nuclear heat to drive turbines would be the way to go, instead of an all-in-one building where you just slap down a thing and feed it U238 mined from a desert biome and suck out power.

Half the fun of this game is designing complex systems and implementing processes in the end-game, instead of just trying to survive by slapping down buildings in the early game.

Personally, I'd want to see existing buildings be more tunable and useful, like a weight switch that counted the dup + anything carried, a storage that had a radius where items outside that range were not considered for storage, and a temperature-sensitive storage unit where it can be set for specific temperature ranges of stored items.

• Like 3

Griver84    248

Just when I'd thought I'd put this game down for awhile. 

My ONI Dealer shows up and tells me they got new stuffz...

Time to embrace the addiction again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

deathofbarney    330

Ahhh more dlc? Thats great! this is indeed a beast of a game, I can actually hear my computer rev up when its saving game past day 1000

• Haha 1

watson895    0
44 minutes ago, Vuelhering said:

If you guys do implement nuclear energy, please remember we already have steam turbines... using nuclear heat to drive turbines would be the way to go, instead of an all-in-one building where you just slap down a thing and feed it U238 mined from a desert biome and suck out power.

Half the fun of this game is designing complex systems and implementing processes in the end-game, instead of just trying to survive by slapping down buildings in the early game.

Personally, I'd want to see existing buildings be more tunable and useful, like a weight switch that counted the dup + anything carried, a storage that had a radius where items outside that range were not considered for storage, and a temperature-sensitive storage unit where it can be set for specific temperature ranges of stored items.

Nuclear can be implemented fairly seamlessly, as most of the mechanics of nuclear energy already exist. Irradiation can be handled like heat, where items get hot and transfer that heat to things they're touching. A germ could represent tritium, and gamma rays like light. Total dose of each worked out in Rem or some other unit, causing damage to health regen or something like that.

As someone who works in the field, it's 100 percent what I want to see as a DLC. I'd pay 100 bucks for it.

Tytan    36

nuclear and something with sabatier reaction

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Lutzkhie    349

I hope they make a separate DLC campaign about the rise and fall of Gravitas and the origin of the dupes like in the flesh not in text form from reading Codex, you know relive what happened.

• Like 4

PhatPingu    5

When ever I get to turn 800 it's like the game is telling me I need to start a new asteroid... Performance is RALEALLY the main issue of ONI today... But I still love you guys so.. 

• Like 2

goboking    1,566
3 hours ago, Vuelhering said:

If you guys do implement nuclear energy, please remember we already have steam turbines... using nuclear heat to drive turbines would be the way to go

You're not wrong, but given how ubiquitous steam turbines already are, I think I'd rather see a dedicated nuclear reactor produce power (in addition to heat, radiation, and radioactive waste).

Wintersdark    20
4 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Any point aiming to roll out a DLC before all the current bugs are cleanly addressed/squished?

Hard yes.

• Like 1

Aeglefire    29

Thank you for acknowledging the performance issue time and time again, this is what makes Klei so great, you guys always listen to the community, you guys are the best of the best!!! :D 

minespatch    67,394

Can mopping sweepies make small watercanisters? How do we get the water back from sweepies?