Rhymes with Play Dev Cast - Oxygen Not Included

Episode 274 - Join the Klei team live on Twitch.tv this Thursday where we will be playing a sneak peek of the upcoming content pack for Oxygen Not Included!

Be sure to click the follow button on the Klei Twitch channel to get alerted whenever we go live. As always, the Rhymes with Play Dev Cast is live every Thursday at 3:30 PM Pacific (11:30 PM UTC)

Where is it?
https://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment

Use our handy widget below to see when the Dev Cast goes live in your area:

Sooo, any bets on what it will be? I say we get ..... paintable walls and equipment! Finally all the eye-watering colors anybody could wish for! Yellow printing pod before a pink wall, next to a turquoise storage compactor that, in addition, glitters? No problem!

Also comes with new buildings: Paint maker, paint mixer, paint bottler, glitter dust maker. And a new illness: Solvent-high from breathing too much paint-fumes where dupes giggle uncontrollably and do random things for a while.

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Sooo, any bets on what it will be? I say we get ..... paintable walls and equipment! Finally all the eye-watering colors anybody could wish for! Yellow printing pod before a pink wall, next to a turquoise storage compactor that, in addition, glitters? No problem!

Also comes with new buildings: Paint maker, paint mixer, paint bottler, glitter dust maker. And a new illness: Solvent-high from breathing too much paint-fumes where dupes giggle uncontrollably and do random things for a while.

I mean...you joke about that being a thing, but it actually sounds kinda cool. :wilson_ecstatic:

Also holy heck! The last time we were teased with a preview of an upgrade before we got our hands on it was...probably around the Agricultural Upgrade.

Spoiler

Hoo boy I feel old.

5d0982fa55b07_sweatingguy.thumb.png.0209c753c4e1d3595387e1b375da4978.png

Also YOU TEASE!! Why must you tease us again after so long?

I say we get enemies with lazers, which can cut off limbs from dupes.
Introduces new bionic items and endgame machines.
Wheelchairs included. Wheelchairs should be full paintable!
Some more wheelchair coloring related game items could be color maker, color mixer, color bottler, sprinkle dust maker.
Possible new illness!: color-high from seeing too much colors, where dupes act weird like any politican.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

I really want the function to drag the drywall across the area I want. The current drywall function is painful to use.

You mean you want something like the select/dig tool, but instead of just digging things, it sets up an en masse build order for drywall?

You gotta be specific when it comes to this sort of thing spatch, otherwise you might end up getting the exact opposite of what you wanted.

1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

You mean you want something like the select/dig tool, but instead of just digging things, it sets up an en masse build order for drywall?

YES5bdab2482f28f_arielannoyed.png.f574231769332c303613fd8278456979.png

4 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Sounds like a cute update, imaging the lil' guys slinking on the floor like lil' caterpillers.

1 minute ago, Oozinator said:

Introduces new bionic items and endgame machines.
Wheelchairs included. Wheelchairs should be full paintable!
Some more wheelchair coloring related game items could be color maker, color mixer, color bottler, sprinkle dust maker.
Possible new illness!: color-high from seeing too much colors, where dupes act weird like any politican.

You see, you joke about that...but that's also something that's kinda cool. Not the dismemberment, but the idea of dupe wheelchairs.

There was a mechanic where if a dupe wasn't treated properly for injuries they'd end up gaining traits because of it.

There are so many things I'd like Klei fixed/changed before asking for new stuff, but no matter now, if I had to choose something simple, I'd like to be able to differentiate storage containers; for example using different colours or by placing a sign/tag.

Archived