Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Recommended Posts

So I'm starting this topic after Kiel had forgotten to do Woodie's lore when he had a rework, it only showed off his new powers. I fear for the new lore it might be the same for whoever's next. (And I'm praying Kiel does two things since Wes REALLY badly needs a rework.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    4128

Don’t worry, more Lore is coming. And I feel like Woodies Lore May be further explored in puzzles as was hinted in their 2020 Roadmap. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    11893

I'm pretty sure Klei will try to have more lore in general, as there was a massive outcry for Woodie having none on day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    4128
2 minutes ago, Canis said:

I'm pretty sure Klei will try to have more lore in general, as there was a massive outcry for Woodie having none on day 1.

I know that the likelihood of this happening is 1 in like 2 billion but, how cool would it be to have an actual Don’t Starve Animated Movie? 

They could gather all the Animated Shorts up and already have a decent amount of footage for it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nickolai    1110
1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I know that the likelihood of this happening is 1 in like 2 billion but, how cool would it be to have an actual Don’t Starve Animated Movie? 

They could gather all the Animated Shorts up and already have a decent amount of footage for it already.

Well.... i think the best they could do is make a 1 hour special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axelocke    4152

I feel like the rest of the cast will have more serious animated shorts, knowing the tragedy of Abigail, I have a hard time believing we'll get another Woodie short with Wendy's animation.

We know a few things about Woodie:

- Worked at a Lumber camp at some point (Quote from Straw Roll)

- He hates birds

- Chopped down a blue spruce (Quote from Holiday Cheer, the question is, why specifically a blue spruce? Why remember a single tree? Perhaps it's the first tree he chopped with Lucy? I'unno.)

- Is Canadian

image.png.98c9d15bddf005b0e5e18b0e0a4d1a49.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    11893
2 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

I feel like the rest of the cast will have more serious animated shorts, knowing the tragedy of Abigail, I have a hard time believing we'll get another Woodie short with Wendy's animation.

We know a few things about Woodie:

- Worked at a Lumber camp at some point (Quote from Straw Roll)

- He hates birds

- Chopped down a blue spruce (Quote from Holiday Cheer, the question is, why specifically a blue spruce? Why remember a single tree? Perhaps it's the first tree he chopped with Lucy? I'unno.)

- Is Canadian

image.png.98c9d15bddf005b0e5e18b0e0a4d1a49.png

You know you hit the bottom of the barrel when "-Is Canadian" is a crucial lore point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axelocke    4152
2 minutes ago, Canis said:

You know you hit the bottom of the barrel when "-Is Canadian" is a crucial lore point.

Haha, too true!

Perhaps being Canadian has different implications in the Constant, who knows if Woodie was a werebeaver beforehand, perhaps it's exclusively the constant's ancient moon that harbors Woodie's curse. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    11893
Just now, Axelocke said:

Haha, too true!

Perhaps being Canadian has different implications in the Constant, who knows if Woodie was a werebeaver beforehand, perhaps it's exclusively the constant's ancient moon that harbors Woodie's curse. :D

If that's the case, If I was trapped into the Constant I would animorph into an Italian pizza every full moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    2720
13 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Can we figure out the origins of his IDOLS???

That always felt weird to me, him getting idols.

Woodies being a naughty catholic, smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    70749
Just now, Hornete said:

That always felt weird to me, him getting idols.

Klei should talk about some Native mythology of the tribes in Canada. It'd teach us history too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    2720
Just now, minespatch said:

Klei should talk about some Native mythology of the tribes in Canada. It'd teach us history too.

Native mythology! Maybe the idols are based after totems? I have no idea why that never came to me, hehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    70749
Just now, Hornete said:

Native mythology! Maybe the idols are based after totems? I have no idea why that never came to me, hehe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites