Danieru

Please, help me with information

Recommended Posts

Danieru    1

So, I play DS for a long time ago, but I'm not that sync with DST lore, and I don't want waste anyones time, but it could be very helpful if someone could show me where I can find more about DST lore :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    813
5 hours ago, Danieru said:

So, I play DS for a long time ago, but I'm not that sync with DST lore, and I don't want waste anyones time, but it could be very helpful if someone could show me where I can find more about DST lore :) 

Also in youtube klei has upload a lot of shorts with little hints

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    3133

Honestly there is very little Lore for DST.. and what can be found of it can be found over Here:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/15-dont-starve-art-music-lore/

But Rather unfortunately you will have to sort through fan made theories as well as actual 100% proven Klei official Game Lore.

I really wish they would add all this Lore stuff into the Actual Game Itself, Such as the Animated Shorts, Character Quotes Examining Stuff, and maybe perhaps William Carter (Aka Maxwell) Dairy Entries.

But For now you just got to sort of piece together whatever you can find. I hope this link helps you, because there are quite a few things about this game that are unclear to me.

Such as WHO was in charge of the Nightmare Throne after the Conclusion Of Don’t Starve and Wilson Freeing Maxwell.

In Story Canon Lore Wilson Takes Maxwells place (as Proven by the DST Intro Where Charlie shows up and free’s him from its capture) However- In Both Shipwrecked and Hamlet BOTH Maxwell AND Wilson are playable from the start..

So I will ask again, WHO was in charge during this Time frame?

Then Theres Wagstaff, A dude I’m not sure if he isn’t evil or not- He has had multiple means of exploring the Constant in Holo-gram form and by creating WX-78 prior to actually being sucked into the constant for real..

He even seems to be fascinated with death and the idea of being able to bring about a World ending apocalypse sooner then it would occur naturally.

So is he a clueless old man who’s curiosity has hazard consequences, or is he a villain?

And then there’s the question of Who or WHAT is “Them” in this update series titled Return Of Them.

Lore also states that Charlie was ALWAYS the Nightmare Monster (the thing that kills you in the Dark, in the Original DS this was called the Great Guru) HOWEVER- It isn’t until AFTER Charlie Free’s Wilson from the Throne that she starts flipping out between personalities of wanting to “Hurt” or “Help” Poor Wilson. 

Which seems to Imply that Once someone is Removed from the Nightmare Throne, that Whoever Free’s Them ends up taking their place. 

So then.. how has Charlie always been the Nightmare Monster? And if she’s on the Throne being Influenced by it’s control NOW how is she still Also still the Nightmare Monster?

Wouldnt MAXWELL Or WILSON also have been the Nightmare Monster during their time on the Throne?

I hope if Klei is going to focus on more LORE that they clear up all of this. Cause I am seriously confused :( 

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rinkusan    519

There are plenty of resources you can use to understand the subtle but HUGE amounts of lore this game franchise has. On top of shorts located on the Klei Youtube channel, there are old puzzles that give plenty of visual clues; I personally recommend looking up the William Carter puzzle and the Metheus puzzle. You can also find plenty of verbal clues in the form of character quotes or vignette descriptions within the game itself.

I recommend taking the character quotes with a grain of salt though because Klei deliberately structures these quotes to fit with the characters' personalities and biases; the vignette descriptions, while more vague than the character quotes, are a much more reliable source of objective lore info. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QrChuck    259
39 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Such as WHO was in charge of the Nightmare Throne after the Conclusion Of Don’t Starve and Wilson Freeing Maxwell.

In Story Canon Lore Wilson Takes Maxwells place (as Proven by the DST Intro Where Charlie shows up and free’s him from its capture) However- In Both Shipwrecked and Hamlet BOTH Maxwell AND Wilson are playable from the start..

So I will ask again, WHO was in charge during this Time frame?

 

In the Shipwrecked trailer we can see Maxwell's face in volcano smoke. First thing we encounter in Hamlet is Maxeleon. I think that clears the throne case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    813
12 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

There are plenty of resources you can use to understand the subtle but HUGE amounts of lore this game franchise has. On top of shorts located on the Klei Youtube channel, there are old puzzles that give plenty of visual clues; I personally recommend looking up the William Carter puzzle and the Metheus puzzle. You can also find plenty of verbal clues in the form of character quotes or vignette descriptions within the game itself.

I recommend taking the character quotes with a grain of salt though because Klei deliberately structures these quotes to fit with the characters' personalities and biases; the vignette descriptions, while more vague than the character quotes, are a much more reliable source of objective lore info. 

dont forguet atrium's relics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danieru    1
16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly there is very little Lore for DST.. and what can be found of it can be found over Here:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/15-dont-starve-art-music-lore/

But Rather unfortunately you will have to sort through fan made theories as well as actual 100% proven Klei official Game Lore.

I really wish they would add all this Lore stuff into the Actual Game Itself, Such as the Animated Shorts, Character Quotes Examining Stuff, and maybe perhaps William Carter (Aka Maxwell) Dairy Entries.

But For now you just got to sort of piece together whatever you can find. I hope this link helps you, because there are quite a few things about this game that are unclear to me.

Such as WHO was in charge of the Nightmare Throne after the Conclusion Of Don’t Starve and Wilson Freeing Maxwell.

In Story Canon Lore Wilson Takes Maxwells place (as Proven by the DST Intro Where Charlie shows up and free’s him from its capture) However- In Both Shipwrecked and Hamlet BOTH Maxwell AND Wilson are playable from the start..

So I will ask again, WHO was in charge during this Time frame?

Then Theres Wagstaff, A dude I’m not sure if he isn’t evil or not- He has had multiple means of exploring the Constant in Holo-gram form and by creating WX-78 prior to actually being sucked into the constant for real..

He even seems to be fascinated with death and the idea of being able to bring about a World ending apocalypse sooner then it would occur naturally.

So is he a clueless old man who’s curiosity has hazard consequences, or is he a villain?

And then there’s the question of Who or WHAT is “Them” in this update series titled Return Of Them.

Lore also states that Charlie was ALWAYS the Nightmare Monster (the thing that kills you in the Dark, in the Original DS this was called the Great Guru) HOWEVER- It isn’t until AFTER Charlie Free’s Wilson from the Throne that she starts flipping out between personalities of wanting to “Hurt” or “Help” Poor Wilson. 

Which seems to Imply that Once someone is Removed from the Nightmare Throne, that Whoever Free’s Them ends up taking their place. 

So then.. how has Charlie always been the Nightmare Monster? And if she’s on the Throne being Influenced by it’s control NOW how is she still Also still the Nightmare Monster?

Wouldnt MAXWELL Or WILSON also have been the Nightmare Monster during their time on the Throne?

I hope if Klei is going to focus on more LORE that they clear up all of this. Cause I am seriously confused :( 

Man, I literally watched every lore video on youtube, but yet, it still seems that have more and more lores out of youtube...
The thing is, I believed that Hamlet and Shipwrecked doesn't had matter in DST, but since Wagstaff and the "ancient" of Hamlet... I'M CONFUSED

15 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

There are plenty of resources you can use to understand the subtle but HUGE amounts of lore this game franchise has. On top of shorts located on the Klei Youtube channel, there are old puzzles that give plenty of visual clues; I personally recommend looking up the William Carter puzzle and the Metheus puzzle. You can also find plenty of verbal clues in the form of character quotes or vignette descriptions within the game itself.

I recommend taking the character quotes with a grain of salt though because Klei deliberately structures these quotes to fit with the characters' personalities and biases; the vignette descriptions, while more vague than the character quotes, are a much more reliable source of objective lore info. 

Well, I know the basic of the lore, but when you ask me "What is charlie doing with the portal of the atrium?" I don't know anything
:(

Thanks for answering me, I thought that my post is so irrelevant that no one would care, thanks again :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    3133

Like I said in my previous post, I Hope Klei adds more LORE inside of the actual game itself instead of having us scour the Internets in search of it.

There is a Cinematic’s Tab in the Main Menus of DST, but currently the only thing actually there is the option of viewing games Credits. This seems like the perfect place to add all of the Animated Shorts & Game Lore. maybe we can even find diary entries in the game from Willam, Wagstaff, Charlie or the Ancients that add some Lore to read in this Cinematic's Tab after we have found & pick them up?

Edited by Mike23Ua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now