Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2020

48 minutes ago, mirrormind said:

this isn't really a roadmap . . . all they're actually saying is they're going to continue what they've been doing , update the game every month or so , and they're ' aware ' that lore and base game updates are wanted

that's not a roadmap , there's no destinations or dates of arrival . this is basically just a super vague devlog . i honestly don't know any more about the games future having read this other than it's not dead , which i generally already knew

This is pretty unfair to be honest, They probably have TONS of stuff planned that they don’t want to reveal yet (as has been the case with literally every patch update before) 

Last time they gave specific details people hounded them for not reaching their estimated delivery date. 2019 has delivered TONS of content to DST, From New Biomes, Creatures & Craftables, New Skins, 4 Brand new playable Characters, Boats, a Sailable Sea, Reworked Fishing.. Carrat Racing, Halloween Event and Skins, Christmas Event and Skins, 6 Character Refreshes..

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Lore. Yep. I said Lore. 

OH MY GOD THIS IS ALL I COULD EVER ASK FOR THANK YOU SO MUCH

c25.gif.e2b4f62fcc63133e5fc1abab2f106317.gif

You took a page out of TalkToTransformer's book too, and I love it XD :D

But on more serious matters

Thank you so much for never giving up on the community, and developing Don't Starve Together despite all that has been said and done. It has been a great honor and pleasure to have been part of this wonderful community and have helped in the process (if spamming polls is help anyways HAHAHAHA)

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is pretty unfair to be honest, They probably have TONS of stuff planned that they don’t want to reveal yet (as has been the case with literally every patch update before) 

Last time they gave specific details people hounded them for not reaching their estimated delivery date. 2019 has delivered TONS of content to DST, From New Biomes, Creatures & Craftables, New Skins, 4 Brand new playable Characters, Boats, a Sailable Sea, Reworked Fishing.. Carrat Racing, Halloween Event and Skins, Christmas Event and Skins, 6 Character Refreshes..

4 brand new playable characters and 6 character refreshes isn't right. There were 2 new characters, 3 character refreshes, and 2 ported characters (which were effectively refreshes).

Also, you are right that they probably have lots of stuff planned. The problem I have with this roadmap is that it is basically just "we are going to keep doing the same thing we did last year."

The issue with not reaching their estimated delivery date is that they didn't reach their estimated delivery date. Announcing their plans for the next update would not change that. If you estimate a delivery date and miss it, naturally, people are going to be upset.

I could nitpick a lot of other things in that list you mentioned, but I don't think it's really going to add much to the conversation. While it's true that a lot of content was added this year (certainly more than the year before), you are playing a lot of it off as being more extravagant than it actually is in-game.

Good to hear! This is why I love Klei. You guys really know how to make games good. I just have one thing to ask. Or something that I hope someone will at least answer. It's might be a dumb useless question but is there any way that the new water can be changed back to the old version. I don't like the look of it and neither any of my friends and people I know do. It's looks very flat and textureless. I liked the old water more because it was prettier and it matched the artstyle. Ever since it changed, DST never looked the same. I know there are probably better questions than this but that's just my suggestion is that we please get different looks on the water.

6 minutes ago, ButteryStancake said:

4 brand new playable characters and 6 character refreshes isn't right. There were 2 new characters, 3 character refreshes, and 2 ported characters (which were effectively refreshes).

Also, you are right that they probably have lots of stuff planned. The problem I have with this roadmap is that it is basically just "we are going to keep doing the same thing we did last year."

The issue with not reaching their estimated delivery date is that they didn't reach their estimated delivery date. Announcing their plans for the next update would not change that. If you estimate a delivery date and miss it, naturally, people are going to be upset.

I could nitpick a lot of other things in that list you mentioned, but I don't think it's really going to add much to the conversation. While it's true that a lot of content was added this year (certainly more than the year before), you are playing a lot of it off as being more extravagant than it actually is in-game.

I’m assuming your a PC player, no offense but PC players can become completely spoiled by Mods and they see what console players consider Significantly large amounts of brand new fresh content as not being all that Extravagant as it is to the Console players who don’t have that same degree of content.

Meanwhile The REASON Console players are so hungry for Content is because: Gorge was in the game and lasted less than a week or So before never being seen again.

Forge was never in the game at all.. 

Hamlet STILL isn’t available outside of PC, Neither is the FREE playable single player DS Character Wagstaff (when I made a poll that had Who is Wagstaff as voting option that was a genuine reason..)

So Pretty much- Consoles first significant chunk of content since 2017 when the game was released, is 2019’s new characters and RoT updates.

Oh and Xbox One still does not have Dedicated Servers.

All I know is I'm mad, because that house I'm 90% sure doesn't belong to the character I want to see updated.

We want Wilson refresh!  He dethroned Maxwell, man!  Show him some love!  Give him a perk!  Growing hair like a werewolf if he doesn't shave weekly isn't cutting it anymore XD

(Commence waiting 1month+ for whatever this juicy update will be....)

I mean... the roadmap didn't say much detail but there're reasons for that.

They're continuing what was said in the 2019 roadmap. Not really much is needed to be said.

They didn't say anything about the new character because that new character isn't even in developement yet. As we see in the roadmap they're right now focusing on the character refresh. Same goes for the RoT update.

7 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I mean... the roadmap didn't say much detail but there're reasons for that.

They're continuing what was said in the 2019 roadmap. Not really much is needed to be said.

They didn't say anything about the new character because that new character isn't even in developement yet. As we see in the roadmap they're right now focusing on the character refresh. Same goes for the RoT update.

i think that most people prefer Klei focusing on fixing the good old characters ... I mean Abi and Wilson need a bit of love.

and as we  vets kinda know already this is just a bit of info à la Klei with few specifics.

what I'm mostly excited about is LOOOOOOREEEE lol....

7 hours ago, engiSonic said:
  Hide contents

RijC8aD.png

Yeah, there's no way it's not Wendy.

Abigail dying from the fall is beyond boring. Hope our speculations are wrong.

7 hours ago, -Animaster- said:

Hmmm. I would like to be excited but I did not hear anything specific. The post says that the new stuff is coming (well, it's obvious) but no details of what we can expect in the upcoming months.

I though the roadmap will be something like:

March - x character will be refreshed. This update will include... ( a brief description of what we can expect )

April - New island will be added. This update will include... ( a brief description of what we can expect )

May - New x character release. This update will include... ( a brief description of what we can expect )

June - New gameplay mechanics will be implemented. This update will include... ( a brief description of what we can expect )

and stay tuned for more...

Well, at least this is how imagined the roadmap. Hmmm.

Agreed. Currently it's so vague, it can be reduced to 2 informative sentences:

"We will make at least 1 new char. We will refresh 1 char but won't say who it will be." 

Other things like "game will be updated and new content will be added" is already given.

Pfft Hmmm I wonder-- *COUGH WENDY AND ABBI COUGH* what Lore heavy-- * COUGH WENDY AND ABBI COUGH* Characters that could be! That's a lovely Flower design on the house, Reminds me of 2 Characters-- *COUGH WENDY AND ABBI COUGH*  but I can't put a name as to who! Sorry about the coughing, I think I'm coming down with a case of EXTREAM HYPE!!! 

On 08.02.2020 at 2:54 AM, JoeW said:

dst_roadmap_2020.png

Hey everybody. Just taking a moment to check-in and update you all with the roadmap for 2020.

Please note that roadmaps are provided to give the community a sense on what we are working on and what is driving our decisions for what we are focusing on in the coming year. None of this is a promise or a guarantee. We always prioritize quality over deadlines and all dates and timelines are estimated to the best of our current ability. Many long time fans will know that we often add new things to these plans which often shifts things around a bit, so it is recommended to avoid scheduling your vacation plans around our dates.

This roadmap is subject to change at any time, but as we have done in the past, if any of this does change significantly we will post new information as we have it. 

A quick recap of 2019. 

2019 was a fantastic year for DST. We added four new characters to the game and we refreshed three more characters. We also had three substantial content updates with Return of them: Turn of Tides, Salty Dog and Hook Line and Inker. We also saw big updates to our holiday events Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast and Year of the Carrat. During all of that we hit our highest player concurrency record back in April (during a free weekend) and after that craziness had stabilized we just saw our second highest concurrency last week. 

For those of you who aren't super into numbers, what that means is that Don't Starve Together is still growing quite nicely. This is also a clear indicator that our plan of character refreshes, content updates and new characters has been working to help keep a healthy community and continues to keep the game interesting for new and returning players.  

On that note, we're still very aware that many people want to see events like The Forge and The Gorge come back. While we are not prepared for that right now, we do understand that this is something many of you are interested in and we are still discussing ways to address this in the future.

ReForged and Re-Gorge-itated are both super good so until we have something new we want to contribute, you should check those out. 
Re-Gorge-itated: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1918927570
ReForged: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1938752683

Oh, and not for nothing, we took great strides in console support. We didn't always hit the mark, but most everything we can control directly has been working out quite well over the past year or so. We will continue improving console support as best we can through 2020. 

What we're doing in 2020

We're going to continue with generally the same plan as last year. More character refreshes and content. However, at this time we aren't going to commit to a specific number of new characters. While the new characters were very well received and successful in selling well enough to help fund development we also don't want to add new characters just for the sake of it. With that being said we are currently in the process of creating at least one entirely new character for the future and we will have more information about them as we get closer to release. 

For our update timeline, we expect that we will have something being launched at least once a month. We don't want to do more updates in a shorter period of time so we can be sure the updates are more substantial and interesting. Depending on how that lines up we may see a couple updates during some months and sometimes we may go a little past a month for the next update, but our goal is that you have something interesting to look forward too at least once a month. 

Our first character refresh is a bit of a secret at the moment - but you might be able to guess. You will be seeing more info about that during the first or second week of March. For now, enjoy this small teaser from the update trailer we are working on.

whocoulditbe_BG.png

Lore. Yep. I said Lore. 

Something we know everybody wants is more lore. I am not going to say much more for now. But we know you want more lore.  It would be smart from this point on to get back into scrutinizing things we put out for secrets. Not everything, but keep your eyes open. Not this post though. There are no secrets in this post. So scrutinizing this post would probably be a waste of your time. Probably. (But really, there is nothing to find here. You'll know when there is something to be found.) 

While Maxwell enjoyed hiding little secrets for you to find and seemed to bask in your attention, Charlie has been quite content to work from the shadows, planning and patiently working to put her pieces into play. Things will become much more apparent as her plans become to take shape and she finally takes center stage. 

The other stuff. 

We're also going to continue doing other cool new things. We really want to work on Klei Rewards more and streaming items have been really popular so we're thinking of new and interesting things to do with these while continuing to support them throughout the year. 

And finally. 

We're also aware than some players would like us to make more substantial changes to the overall base game of Don't Starve Together and change things up a bit. While this is not a focus right now, we do understand this is something that is being discussed and I invite you to continue those conversations. Don't Starve Together isn't going away any time soon, so keep it coming.

All of your feedback really helps us figure out where we want to put our resources and it goes a long way in helping us decide which direction to steer the ship. You're all a huge part of the growth of DST and we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for hanging out with us and sharing your fun stories and interesting ideas. Please keep sending us your thoughts and feedback and we'll keep trying our best to build the world of Don't Starve Together in new and interesting ways. 

Have fun out there!

Thanks! We all waiting for you guys. And please be nice to offline players...

Spoiler
9 hours ago, JoeW said:

dst_roadmap_2020.png

Hey everybody. Just taking a moment to check-in and update you all with the roadmap for 2020.

Please note that roadmaps are provided to give the community a sense on what we are working on and what is driving our decisions for what we are focusing on in the coming year. None of this is a promise or a guarantee. We always prioritize quality over deadlines and all dates and timelines are estimated to the best of our current ability. Many long time fans will know that we often add new things to these plans which often shifts things around a bit, so it is recommended to avoid scheduling your vacation plans around our dates.

This roadmap is subject to change at any time, but as we have done in the past, if any of this does change significantly we will post new information as we have it.

A quick recap of 2019.

2019 was a fantastic year for DST. We added four new characters to the game and we refreshed three more characters. We also had three substantial content updates with Return of them: Turn of Tides, Salty Dog and Hook Line and Inker. We also saw big updates to our holiday events Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast and Year of the Carrat. During all of that we hit our highest player concurrency record back in April (during a free weekend) and after that craziness had stabilized we just saw our second highest concurrency last week.

For those of you who aren't super into numbers, what that means is that Don't Starve Together is still growing quite nicely. This is also a clear indicator that our plan of character refreshes, content updates and new characters has been working to help keep a healthy community and continues to keep the game interesting for new and returning players.

On that note, we're still very aware that many people want to see events like The Forge and The Gorge come back. While we are not prepared for that right now, we do understand that this is something many of you are interested in and we are still discussing ways to address this in the future.

ReForged and Re-Gorge-itated are both super good so until we have something new we want to contribute, you should check those out.
Re-Gorge-itated: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1918927570
ReForged: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1938752683

Oh, and not for nothing, we took great strides in console support. We didn't always hit the mark, but most everything we can control directly has been working out quite well over the past year or so. We will continue improving console support as best we can through 2020.

What we're doing in 2020

We're going to continue with generally the same plan as last year. More character refreshes and content. However, at this time we aren't going to commit to a specific number of new characters. While the new characters were very well received and successful in selling well enough to help fund development we also don't want to add new characters just for the sake of it. With that being said we are currently in the process of creating at least one entirely new character for the future and we will have more information about them as we get closer to release.

For our update timeline, we expect that we will have something being launched at least once a month. We don't want to do more updates in a shorter period of time so we can be sure the updates are more substantial and interesting. Depending on how that lines up we may see a couple updates during some months and sometimes we may go a little past a month for the next update, but our goal is that you have something interesting to look forward too at least once a month.

Our first character refresh is a bit of a secret at the moment - but you might be able to guess. You will be seeing more info about that during the first or second week of March. For now, enjoy this small teaser from the update trailer we are working on.

whocoulditbe_BG.png

Lore. Yep. I said Lore.

Something we know everybody wants is more lore. I am not going to say much more for now. But we know you want more lore. It would be smart from this point on to get back into scrutinizing things we put out for secrets. Not everything, but keep your eyes open. Not this post though. There are no secrets in this post. So scrutinizing this post would probably be a waste of your time. Probably. (But really, there is nothing to find here. You'll know when there is something to be found.)

While Maxwell enjoyed hiding little secrets for you to find and seemed to bask in your attention, Charlie has been quite content to work from the shadows, planning and patiently working to put her pieces into play. Things will become much more apparent as her plans become to take shape and she finally takes center stage.

The other stuff.

We're also going to continue doing other cool new things. We really want to work on Klei Rewards more and streaming items have been really popular so we're thinking of new and interesting things to do with these while continuing to support them throughout the year.

And finally.

We're also aware than some players would like us to make more substantial changes to the overall base game of Don't Starve Together and change things up a bit. While this is not a focus right now, we do understand this is something that is being discussed and I invite you to continue those conversations. Don't Starve Together isn't going away any time soon, so keep it coming.

All of your feedback really helps us figure out where we want to put our resources and it goes a long way in helping us decide which direction to steer the ship. You're all a huge part of the growth of DST and we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for hanging out with us and sharing your fun stories and interesting ideas. Please keep sending us your thoughts and feedback and we'll keep trying our best to build the world of Don't Starve Together in new and interesting ways.

Have fun out there!

How long I've been waiting for this information.I was very interested in waiting for new information about the characters and updates. At the moment, I'm just happy to have this great news!:wilson_dorky:
Thank you all for your hard work!
I look forward to new surprises and new content from you! Klei, you are the best!:wilson_love:

Google translated this post to find secrets

Spoiler

Register your website by 2020 and update it.

The program begins this year. Observe this permission. We try to use it every day. No new plans were made.

You can change your map at any time, but all information is first downloaded and displayed.

Enter 2019

Add new players to this wonderful game from the year 1999. We are having a great interview this week in April.

The house was still hungry. New ways and improvements to promote new happiness

I knew George Ford would meet other people. When you're done, listen and say you think it was too much.
Hi, I saw them. Yes, it is a purpose, but a war is not necessary. This assistance can be recovered by 2020.

It gives me so much for me to tune. It provides a lot of information and data, but I haven't added any new notes. Find the money you can buy while waiting for the new dish. But I could imagine no new player.

I make it this month. We do not have to pay any debt or short-term debt. This site is brilliant and lasts longer than a month.

The secret is to make changes. Further information can be planted in the first of October or the second of October. Think of nothing.

He was soft, he said most beloved.

Finally, we all know that there is a lot of data. And eventually your actions came back. Very calming. No secrets, so watch this episode (nobody knows).

It's funny, Maxwell, that Charlie works and works in the dark, was he will. The last Sail

Another plan

They also offer some delicious. I worked with Clum Machines and had an interesting idea. She has been a helper for many years.

schließlich

Some have hunger. This is not possible, but we know that we have to bite for ourselves. I would say that.

Regular exercises help to understand, work and home exactly. They play an important role in improving healing. Many thanks for your comments and comments. You promise to rebuild the world, rebuild the world and share your vision for a few days.

Archived