Wagstaff Villain Or Victim?

WAGSTAFF Villain Or Victim?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Is Wagstaff a Villain or a Victim?

• Villain
    • Victim
    • I Don’t Know Because there’s not enough evidence or Lore to support either Theory
    • Who is Wagstaff?

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:
  • While this is true, there’s still more votes that he’s a villain then there are that he is a victim. 
  • Maybe more Lore will change that opinion, or perhaps even Solidify it.
  • But in the Meantime.. I’m pretty much 150% Convinced the Shadow Watcher is Trade Inn Guy. And I’m about to provide some pretty solid evidence that lead me to this theory.
  • Convince me otherwise.

DDE24715-8FA6-422C-9FAD-53E58E4F92D4.jpeg26157FEC-30E2-46AB-B26A-A2D5F00F8DEA.jpeg

gametheory2.thumb.png.72dca901a9e4142bce352fff164fbe4b.png

Guys GUYS!

I HAVE FOUND CRITICAL EVIDENCE SUPPORTING MIKE'S THEORY!
I HAVE MANAGED TO GET MY HANDS ON A SPRITE SHEET AND MOVED SOME BODY PARTS OF THE TRADE INN DUDE AROUND AND OMG! YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!

HE IS THE SHADOW WATCHER!

jack.thumb.png.52ce90bf7369027f4982632e426c85f5.thumb.png.7bce1599c4db5e601f08fbc9a91a13da.png

totally legit real theory

8 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Guys GUYS!

I HAVE FOUND CRITICAL EVIDENCE SUPPORTING MIKE'S THEORY!
I HAVE MANAGED TO GET MY HANDS ON A SPRITE SHEET AND MOVED SOME BODY PARTS OF THE TRADE INN DUDE AROUND AND OMG! YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!

HE IS THE SHADOW WATCHER!

jack.thumb.png.52ce90bf7369027f4982632e426c85f5.thumb.png.7bce1599c4db5e601f08fbc9a91a13da.png

Well I mean yeah.. but your also going insane and seeing some weird ****.

I circled the area’s on Inn Keep Guy that also match The Watchers Shadow.. There’s no denying that they COULD look incredibly Similar, especially when you take into consideration that your already seeing weird crap.

None of this However helps determine rather or not Wagstaff is A Victim or a Villain.. and I guess we won’t know for sure until Klei drops more official lore.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well I mean yeah.. but your also going insane and seeing some weird ****.

I circled the area’s on Inn Keep Guy that also match The Watchers Shadow.. There’s no denying that they COULD look incredibly Similar, especially when you take into consideration that your already seeing weird crap.

17 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

/s

anyways, let's go back on topic of Wagstaff.

Or heck, make yourself a thread where you discuss your theories so it doesn't go off-topic like this did.

23 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

/s

anyways, let's go back on topic of Wagstaff.

Or heck, make yourself a thread where you discuss your theories so it doesn't go off-topic like this did.

Wagstaff has an Umbrella that lets him Teleport... do you really need anymore evidence then that? XD

Bumping this thread so it stays relevant and doesn’t end up Closed & Archived like my Isles of the Constant thread. :( 

I really would like to get a wide variety of votes on what people think- I am mainly just interested in how many vote Villain or Victim the other voting options are there... but I wanted to see how much of the community sways upon how Good or Bad Mr. Wagstaff seems. If for nothing else.. it allows Klei to see how their fanbase perceives Wagstaff & they can continue from there with his lore on rather or not he should be good or bad.

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Bumping this thread so it stays relevant and doesn’t end up Closed & Archived like my Isles of the Constant thread. :( 

I really would like to get a wide variety of votes on what people think- I am mainly just interested in how many vote Villain or Victim the other voting options are there... but I wanted to see how much of the community sways upon how Good or Bad Mr. Wagstaff seems. If for nothing else.. it allows Klei to see how their fanbase perceives Wagstaff & they can continue from there with his lore on rather or not he should be good or bad.

However much community feedback has been a part of Klei's production process, the one thing I have never seen any community input whatsoever is characterization and lore. And it should stay that way - untouched by anybody aside from the devs - because in the end, the vision for their story is ultimately theirs and theirs alone, whether if it pleases us like it did in Taste Of Home, or displeases us like in Tree's A Crowd. Leave the devs to their devices in terms of making plotlines and character, as they already have people paid to do that.

2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

However much community feedback has been a part of Klei's production process, the one thing I have never seen any community input whatsoever is characterization and lore. And it should stay that way - untouched by anybody aside from the devs - because in the end, the vision for their story is ultimately theirs and theirs alone, whether if it pleases us like it did in Taste Of Home, or displeases us like in Tree's A Crowd. Leave the devs to their devices in terms of making plotlines and character, as they already have people paid to do that.

This isn’t entirely true.. I don’t know how Klei likes to run things on their end, but I have seen community feedback directly influence both characters and lore.

I can provide two undeniable examples in that case too-

J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series, And Mass Effect 3 the game

(Mass Effect actually had multiple downloadable endings that people “almost” actually paid real money for so the game could have the ending the Fans wanted and Not the one ME’s creators originally Intended..)

A game franchise with multiple DLC Endings.. A moment in video game history that will NEVER be lived down nor will it ever be forgotten.

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This isn’t entirely true.. I don’t know how Klei likes to run things on their end, but I have seen community feedback directly influence both characters and lore.

I can provide two undeniable examples in that case too-

J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series, And Mass Effect 3 the game

(Mass Effect actually had multiple downloadable endings that people “almost” actually paid real money for so the game could have the ending the Fans wanted and Not the one ME’s creators originally Intended..)

A game franchise with multiple DLC Endings.. A moment in video game history that will NEVER be lived down nor will it ever be forgotten.

What does Harry Potter/Mass Effect 3's story development have to do with Don't Starve's story development? 

While these are indeed good examples, they do not necessarily have to be true to all cases of story development. And while Don't Starve's story is still undeveloped as a whole and hasnt ended yet, the devs as a whole must develop the story as they see fit before the community can contribute.

Elseways they wouldn't have hired that new writer last year and just accepted every suggestion, storyline, et cetera that shows up in the forums.

Archived