Slagger    420
1 minute ago, Hornete said:

I don't think Hunger needs to be harder.

Hunger is usually the first challenge you encounter when first playing the game. And it is still very much hard when you are first playing the game. Eventually you will overcome that challenge, and congratulations! You have found ways to encounter the challenge of hunger and starvation, but ooooh wait, You've got winter coming up, lightning strikes, a horrible beast coming to get you and so on.

Hunger is the first challenge in the game, and imo shouldn't really be harder as imo it is still very much hard for beginners

I understand you about beggining, I thinked about it and I have few ideas about it too.
1) Starting support! Characters will start with full stats and a stat for normal character (ex. meat for wilson) will get zero in 10 days if he don't eat any meat item. 10 days, I think it's pretty much. Also as I said, it's not a death diet, it's just make you eating different foods more!
2) Natural is nice to us!
-There should be edible mushrooms like horse mushroom in forests or tree mushrooms when they cut down . They should show up only in autmn like real life! Protein has gone.
-There is tons of carrots and berries in world. Vegs and sugar gone too.
-Player should gain little oil from eating flower. Also eating any cooked meat give oil too! 

5 minutes ago, Electroely said:

suggestions

What suggestion? This was an order.

Just kidding, I forgot it, my mistake. I hope mods just transport it to suggestion.

12 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

I can't get behind any major changes to the basic gameplay of Don't Starve this late in the process, but this would make a pretty good mod. 

This game gonna make me learn codding.

__IvoCZE__    7372
34 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Extra Idea➥ Wickerbottom is an old lady, she should have diabet and high sugar should be dangerous for her!

no.

just no.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Ogrecakes    1904

Worrying about the exact details and intricacies of all the food you have to eat and balancing even more meters sounds like micromanaging, which is far from a important part of Don't Starve, I love the game because the mechanics and systems are very simple, but the punishments for not using them and being unprepared are harsh.

I'm all for more difficulty, but the difficult part about hunger is finding the resources, not looking up all the details on a wiki and having to spend all your time worrying about what foods do what, and all the stat balancing details.

Hunger is a motivator for action, it's what forces you to actually explore and maybe take risks. It doesn't need to be more than that.

Edited by Ogrecakes
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

How about... instead of forcing the player to use different foods via different stat meters, changing their effectiveness for different seasons? That way the “meta” food is never the same. For example different plants growing in different seasons in farm plots. We already have this ingame with birchnuts trees. As a wood harvesting character, it’s ridiculously easy to obtain hoards of filler at the beginning of the game, but every other season it is incredibly ineffective. If more things operated in a way like this, then players would naturally vary their diet without the use of a bunch of new meters.

• Like 2

Nickolai    1028
46 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

How about... instead of forcing the player to use different foods via different stat meters, changing their effectiveness for different seasons? That way the “meta” food is never the same. For example different plants growing in different seasons in farm plots. We already have this ingame with birchnuts trees. As a wood harvesting character, it’s ridiculously easy to obtain hoards of filler at the beginning of the game, but every other season it is incredibly ineffective. If more things operated in a way like this, then players would naturally vary their diet without the use of a bunch of new meters.

This would also slightly nerf the op wormwood and wicker team, which is a good thing i believe.

Queron81    427

Maybe the hunger-modifier could be changed, so you loose hunger faster when doing certain actions (fighting, chopping, mining) or when you are in winter or summer. That would be the less uncomplicated way to make starvation a thing again.

• Like 1

Mooagain    2058
8 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

Or we could change the name to 'Don't get eaten by wild dogs'. But its less catchy.

Or "Don't be lit on fire by wild dogs"

• Haha 3

CaptainChaotica    4880

"Don't Light Your Base On Fire By Wild Dogs", as well.  (I mean, I've been playing Willow, if the flames go on HER it's no big.  But so help me, if you burn down all my hard work...)

Anyway, I dunno about big changes to the most constant (ha ha) mechanic of the game...but I do like to throw the "Thirst" mod in there from time to time.  However...there's a reason it's a MOD.  (I also liked the old version better.  New one's too fancy.)

I can maaaaaaaybe see making players eat (plain) veggies every now and then because scurvy?  But BYE-BYE, Wigfrid!

Let's face it, if balanced diets were actually required in this game, MOST characters would've been dead a long time ago.  : P

...Notorious

• Like 1

kiwikenobi    894

I like all of the thought that went into this idea. It's very clever. That said, I don't think anything like it should be added to the game. But I like the idea as an idea. It might make for an interesting mod.

• Like 4

x0-VERSUS-1y    4341

Needlessly over-complicates the game. Will destroy even more newbies/noobs and makes it tedious/annoying grinding for advanced players. Thus a hard "No, ty!" from my point of view.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ArubaroBeefalo    817

In dst you have more food founts than in regular ds because the map is desing for more people, id you wanna more challenge put the food sources y less thqt makes you uneable to take 80 berries since day 1 with wolfgang like you can today

In DS, even when you are experience, you must to effort a little to gather a lot of food in first days making crockpot so important to craft. Here, in dst, you can survive eating  only berries and carrots

Your idea its a good idea but unnecessary, making the food something complicate doesnt help. In middle and late game will be only something boring, you will have all the food you want . You will need more slots to eat all kind of food, making exploring a tedious thing

Edited by thetricker1