Zarquan    777
3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Modders: The .NET runtime has been upgraded to 4.0 from 2.0. You will need to change the target runtime in your mod projects in order for them to compile after this update.

Does this mean that existing mods are broken until they are recompiled?

EDIT:   The mods I use appear to work fine.  According to lpsquiggle below, the patch should not effect any mod that doesn't conflict with any specific changes.

Edited by Zarquan
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

Does this mean that existing mods are broken until they are recompiled?

In theory, no, as things are supposed to be compatible, but in practice, it seems 1/20 mods on average are broken from working with the testing branch before this update went to live. Anything that patching the stock game to a reasonable extent or anything reliant on Unity 2018.2 specifics will fail. Atop that, the game is now running a framework version that Harmony does not specifically say it supports, so expect some weirdness to ensue (some projects have already seen these effects).

Furthermore, any mod using an external dependency will also have to update that, which may or may not be possible without headache depending on the library.

Of course, as they said, even if a mod is currently working, it will need to be re-targeted and re-compiled before updating anything else.

A little warning for modders would have been nice...

Appear    0

My save game won't run anymore after the update, it keeps validating the game files over and over again. Uninstalled and installed again, but when I started to install it I ran into an issue where it says "Content file locked" so I can't even install the game again.

It looks like the executable file is missing.

Attached pictures.

xwndTjZQso.jpg

aJiyvii3Q8.jpg

oni_addict    11

Hi @Appear this game has a tendency to keep running in the background even after you close it (see here). Please make sure OxygenNotIncluded.exe is fully closed before updating the game. It may help to exit Steam before trying the update, as games shouldn't be able to run when Steam is closed. Restart Steam and try the update again.

@Ipsquiggle I found a few bugs in this update:

Regarding Balloonstand:

[21:22:33.705] [1] [WARNING] Can't get sprite for type BalloonStand (UnityEngine.GameObject) (no KBatchedAnimController)

Regarding Metrics. Which url does it try to reach? I have internet acces because I'm writing to the forum now. I'll check if I can reach the link manually if you provide it to me:

[21:09:38.979] [17] [WARNING] 22:09:38 KleiMetrics: Exception getting Request Stream:Error: NameResolutionFailure 
[21:09:38.979] [17] [WARNING] 22:09:38 KleiMetrics: Max Retries (3) reached. Disabling KleiMetrics...

This was also prevent in previous update, still spamming the log file now:

[21:18:22.890] [13] [WARNING] Effective mass cannot be greater than capacity!

oni_addict    11

Hi @Ipsquiggle

Muckroot info tooltip goes off the screen:

image.png.a367a30b5312ad515b3dfdc0aed0deee.png

Unrelated to this update but always wanted to ask you... Why does Repair errand belong in the Tidying category? Shouldn't that be in the Building category? And repair supply may belong to in the Supplying category...

image.thumb.png.61379efe82b6d4908f577798381fc4e1.png

Edited by oni_addict
  • Thanks 1

Zarquan    777
10 minutes ago, oni_addict said:

Unrelated to this update but always wanted to ask you... Why does Repair errand belong in the Tidying category? Shouldn't that be in the Building category? And repair supply may belong to in the Supplying category...

image.thumb.png.61379efe82b6d4908f577798381fc4e1.png

Repair has traditionally been part of Tidy, but it does make some sense for it to be in building.  It also makes sense for it to be in tidying.  In the real world, the who maintain systems are different from the people who build them.  And often times, janitors are the ones doing minor repairs on systems in a building.  Repair supply is a Supply task too.

• Thanks 1

Ipsquiggle    5,783

The build is currently broken on Epic, we're resolving that now.

@CynicalBusiness I apologize for being too low-key about the modding changes, I'll make a post in the modding forum though and pay more attention next time a change like this happens. :(

@oni_addict Thanks for the bugs, I'll let you know if we need more info

Re: repair in tidy: The location of errands in the categories is largely determined by the implicit priority. Repair is a "base maintenance" errand similar to mopping, disinfect, etc. all of which have higher implicit priority than build (and everything else to the right) due to their sporadic and acute nature.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cairath    889
16 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

@CynicalBusiness I apologize for being too low-key about the modding changes, I'll make a post in the modding forum though and pay more attention next time a change like this happens. :(

We'd just really appreciate a more specific date (even narrowing it down to a week) when something like this happens, please -- most of us want to deliver updates for the community immediately and it's hard to sit on standby for an unknown amount of time, not knowing whether and when more changes might appear :( 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gurgel    1,389

Thanks as always to those who played the game on the testing branch -- this was a bit of a gnarly one -- and we appreciate your bug reports and feedback!

Not too bad. As long as you look the issues and try to do something about them, it is fine.

• Like 1

Zarquan    777

@minespatch Perhaps an overly-descriptive patch note. It was a thing causing crashes, but now it's fixed. ^^;

I'm happy you said NaN values, because I was getting those crashes occasionally and I am happy to not get them anymore, as they were very annoying.  Perhaps details like that could be put in a more detailed spoiler if you feel that is too much info for the basic patch note?

Edited by Zarquan

Gurgel    1,389

I have a new bug: Dupes doing "eating" animation while sleeping or later working on the hamster wheel. Seems to happen after they got their mess-table assigned to another dupe while they were using it. Does not persist in saves.

eating.jpg.e3244ef2687057dbc1a925186ac42258.jpg

• Haha 1

TeDeum    1

A lot of bugfixes, that's good. This game already has overwhelming amount of content, but could use some fixes :)

Edited by TeDeum
  • Like 1

watermelen671    17,182
16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Took out the eyelashes in the Stinky eye set for the overjoyed reaction. They snuck in there undetected before.
On 11/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, AnimatedErica said:

Tracked down the wayward eyelashes and they shouldn't be a problem in a future hotfix! 

Thanks @AnimatedErica! :wilson_ecstatic:

• Conducting heat via loose ore should respect insulation of the tile the ore is resting on

Well glad to know it's finally getting some respect.

• Can now set the priority on buildings with a "Drop All Workable" chore.

What does this mean? 

• Fix obscure crash by preventing access on potentially destroyed buildings

Ayyy, I think that was the one I found. :wilson_sneaky:

Cairath    889
3 hours ago, OxCD said:

I'm not one of them, but I really agree with modders here. Modding is taking every day a bigger and bigger value for ONI. New features, better UI, or correcting awkward mechanisms, they bring A LOT of very (very) good stuff. They also extend a lot the game lifetime.

While Klei choose to do not natively integrate some of those undeniably good modification (could be because of the lack of time, human ressources, priority, project overall view, etc...), even the community brought the idea and modders the "how-to-do-it", I really do think then they must take a very good care of modders.

At least, keeping them in touch with any ressources or tools modification in advance, should be a high priority, so they don't feel left behind, or snubbed. They bring a consistent added value, and it's more-or-less free for Klei. And damn, some of them are really good.

And I'm talking as someone who's playing mostly vanilla, only using UI, ergonomics, and world gen mods.

Our "complaint" was specifically about not knowing the specific date. Ever since the testing branch went live I've been in contact with @Ipsquiggle and @fatheroctopus who've worked on fixing modding related issues very promptly, so kudos to them for that. <3 The active modders in the discord server were also being notified by me with info I got from Klei, so we weren't in the dark and knew what was going on.

Most of us has resolved the issues on our end, but then again, when we don't know if (or when) more changes are coming to the preview we tend to hold off with preparing final releases so that we don't have to do things twice. It's usually not as much of an issue, but the framework change was significant enough that besides uploading ~40 mods I have to wipe the seed browser and make adjustments, so a *surprise patch* just made me groan and go to sleep :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2