No reed fiber on whole map? :(

On 2/9/2020 at 7:42 AM, KittenIsAGeek said:

Frozen core can definitely be a challenge.  Especially on Rime. Even producing steel is only keeping my base only warm enough that plants can grow.

I am just doing a Rime on mush-bars for as long as needed. That is actually fairly easy, as input water temp does not matter.

16 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I am just doing a Rime on mush-bars for as long as needed. That is actually fairly easy, as input water temp does not matter.

You've got bristle berries.  The starting water that isn't frozen should work fine.  Mushrooms are good with 5 C as well, which the area nearby the pod shouldn't drop below for a long time.  Plenty to have a chance to put in a metal refinery or kilns for warming.

19 hours ago, DarkMaster13 said:

You've got bristle berries.  The starting water that isn't frozen should work fine.  Mushrooms are good with 5 C as well, which the area nearby the pod shouldn't drop below for a long time.  Plenty to have a chance to put in a metal refinery or kilns for warming.

I melt ice into the water (ice temp-shift plates) to get more out of the starting water and that may well make it below 5C. There is plenty of easily accessible ice on Rime. Hence no need to actually heat things. But sure, there are different approaches that work and eventually my dupes get better food. But there is no rush. 

Archived