[POLL] What DS Characters should make it to DST next?

Who should come to DST next?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who should come to DST next?

14 hours ago, Lammarr said:

Nope,they're actually unimplemented characters,just like Wortox,Webber and Wilbur used to be for a long time.

You can check those unimplemented characters here: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Characters

This is Interesting.. but I don’t see Pyro as EVER being a real thing.

and reading this makes me think Wilton was never planned to be its own Character, but instead Sort of like a Dead Pirates Curse for Woodlegs, Which if Woodlegs ever Does come to DST I would LOVE it if this Curse was applied to him in his Rework.

I notice that a lot of the things that the Dev’s have stated in the past Did not work out right, or didn’t know how to do, that over the years maybe through learning more, knowing more OR Simply just by getting new Development equipment allowing them to do more- That they’ve been able to a lot of the things that they said (in the past) wouldn’t be possible

TL:DR I’m sure after Woodies Rework where he has 3 Different Formations he can Transform into that an Idea like Woodlegs/Wilton is no longer so hard or Far-Fetched.

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

As for Witherbloom...I'm intrigued at the "steal your farm" thing.  Not the crops IN the farm. The FARM. How does that work?  : P  

She deconstructs a farm for its base resources or more and immediately precrafts it. If there are many she somehow has to power to precraft all of them at once.

Since i've come to expect the internet to generally never actually bother verifying their claims or the claims of others-

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Then please explain how Wagstaff is already in the constant (in Hologram form) Prior to actually being sucked in with Winona

Irrelevant to the question of who was first in the Constant.

AND How Maxwell is sitting on the Nightmare Throne being Manipulated by a Voxala Music Box Until You (the Player) but in Lore Wilson.. Turns said Music box off & free’s Maxwell.

Due to the....13 year gap I think it was (currently at work, no time for maths) between Maxwell being pulled in by his Book and the first Voxola Radio being produced along with Wagstaff disappearing, this is also irrelevant to the question of who was first.

Wilson remains stuck on the Throne Until Charlie who is NOT A Monster Until she actually Free’s him from the Chair. At that Point Charlie then starts going through this Bi-Polar morphing phase of wanting to “Hurt” or “Help” poor Wilson, She wanders around morphing the environment between rather it should be “pretty” or “spooky” before finally both of her forms merge as one and she takes her place as “Queen Of the Nightmare Throne.”

This whole piece is also irrelevant to the question.

Wagstaff May not have arrived in the constant In Real Time before Maxwell, but his Hologram, and Voxola Machines were seemingly already there.. so explain that.

Once again, Maxwell was pulled in by his Book. There is obviously no need of a Voxola Radio for travel to the Constant. 

There is also this from the Wiki timeline-

"1910ish - 1921: Over this time period, Maxwell starts taking people from the real world into The Constant. They are forced to survive the nightmare world he created.[1]"

So it stands to reason that Wagstaff was either pulled in himself, or aware of people being pulled in AFTER Maxwell himself was pulled in, which could theoretically have driven Wagstaff to create the Radio in the first place, especially when you consider-

1921: Wilson, depressed after failing a scientific experiment, receives a message from his Voxola that he may be able to succeed with "secret knowledge", if he thinks he's ready for it. Wilson accepts the offer, and is given the knowledge to build a strange contraption. He is ordered to pull the device's lever by the Voxola. Upon doing so, shadowy hands appear from below Wilson, pulling him into The Constant.[1] The Voxola was Maxwell all along.[13]

- So there is still ample time for whatever to happen between Maxwell being pulled in and the player first arriving as Wilson.

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

According to the Lore, Wagstaff was the first explorer to enter the Constant, everyone else including Maxwell and Charlie were pulled in because of him if I am not mistaken.

So according to the lore timeline provided by Klei Developer Kevin Forbes on September 25th 2014 you are mistaken.

Of course, 2014 was a long time ago, and quite a bit of content has been added to the DS universe since. However, without solid evidence provided by the Devs to contradict this information I think its safe to say that Maxwell was, indeed, the first DS character to enter the Constant.

I also cannot lie, my attempts to find evidence to support the theory that Wagstaff was first were fairly minimal.

Also.....i'm just now looking at the title to this thread.....how did we get to this point of conversation?

Also, my appolagies to @HorseyTheYes for participating in the continued derailment of this threads topic.

5 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Since i've come to expect the internet to generally never actually bother verifying their claims or the claims of others-

Irrelevant to the question of who was first in the Constant.

Due to the....13 year gap I think it was (currently at work, no time for maths) between Maxwell being pulled in by his Book and the first Voxola Radio being produced along with Wagstaff disappearing, this is also irrelevant to the question of who was first.

This whole piece is also irrelevant to the question.

Once again, Maxwell was pulled in by his Book. There is obviously no need of a Voxola Radio for travel to the Constant. 

There is also this from the Wiki timeline-

"1910ish - 1921: Over this time period, Maxwell starts taking people from the real world into The Constant. They are forced to survive the nightmare world he created.[1]"

So it stands to reason that Wagstaff was either pulled in himself, or aware of people being pulled in AFTER Maxwell himself was pulled in, which could theoretically have driven Wagstaff to create the Radio in the first place, especially when you consider-

1921: Wilson, depressed after failing a scientific experiment, receives a message from his Voxola that he may be able to succeed with "secret knowledge", if he thinks he's ready for it. Wilson accepts the offer, and is given the knowledge to build a strange contraption. He is ordered to pull the device's lever by the Voxola. Upon doing so, shadowy hands appear from below Wilson, pulling him into The Constant.[1] The Voxola was Maxwell all along.[13]

- So there is still ample time for whatever to happen between Maxwell being pulled in and the player first arriving as Wilson.

So according to the lore timeline provided by Klei Developer Kevin Forbes on September 25th 2014 you are mistaken.

Of course, 2014 was a long time ago, and quite a bit of content has been added to the DS universe since. However, without solid evidence provided by the Devs to contradict this information I think its safe to say that Maxwell was, indeed, the first DS character to enter the Constant.

I also cannot lie, my attempts to find evidence to support the theory that Wagstaff was first were fairly minimal.

Also.....i'm just now looking at the title to this thread.....how did we get to this point of conversation?

Also, my appolagies to @HorseyTheYes for participating in the continued derailment of this threads topic.

But it’s not derailed it’s a thread about who should be added to the game next and why, this is WAY more on Topic than Witherbloom (even though that is a totally wicked name)

——————————————

Still though- Wagstaff has been exploring around in the Constant as a Hologram image in DS prior to actually being sucked into the world with Winona during the DST time line.

This is proven fact by the way when he takes Damage in DS his image and voice will distort.

So let me get this straight (I’m genuinely confused) MAXWELL is the main bad guy in DS, Meanwhile WAGSTAFF is somewhere exploring this world as a Hologram.. But Then WAGSTAFF creates WX-78 to further explore the Constant without actually having to be there himself in person.

WAGSTAFF then builds a Voxola Music Box Machine with the intention of having it suck WILSON into the constant as his first “Human” Test Subject?

Somewhere along the Way WILSON finds and Frees Maxwell from the Nightmare Throne by shutting off the Voxola Music device that’s manipulating him. After which Everyone forgives him for being totally evil- As proven by quotes when examining Maxwell Statues in DST “Were all still a little mad at him, but only a little..”

WAGSTAFF Then Manufactures a factory that produces said devices in mass production, before something happens to him and he is Sucked into the Portal he had created. WINONA  see’s him being pulled in before the portal Explodes, She then fixes the portal using #Winona Skillz, only to see her Sister CHARLIE staring back through the portal at her. Charlie then grabs Winona pulling her into the portal.

———————————

Wagstaff sounds like this totally evil dude man.. He’s somehow had MULTIPLE ways of exploring the constant prior to actually being pulled into it FOR REAL and has been incredibly intrigued with it for the longest..

I would not be shocked at all if he ends up being the main villain in the Return Of Them Updates Actually.

I think people see Character ports as a wasted slot a brand new character could’ve been in.

I am here to say that isn’t the case at all, Character ports already have animations, assets and are like 85% already done.

Brand new characters need to be thought up as a Concept, then drawn, then Animated, then programmed into the game and they have to be given new unique gameplay events which will also have to be programmed into the game.

Klei said that 4 Brand New Characters would join the cast.

Those are Wormwood, Wortox, Wurt and an Unannounced TBA 4th..

So far NO News of any additional new characters has been made. 

However They do not count Character Reworks and Shipwrecked/Hamlet ports as Brand new DLC characters.. so we could in Theory end up getting every last one of them. (Hopefully)

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think people see Character ports as a wasted slot a brand new character could’ve been in.

One problem, Klei is reworking characters, so it's not just a copy-paste job. Plus, DS and DST have different code so they have to deal with "translating" existing code assets.

Archived