Viktor234    3,032
25 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Well, in theory Land Edges are also indestructible walls, but the AI finds a way around them, this would be the same deal here, the mobs aren't stupid

That's totally not what I meant, of course the mobs aren't that stupid, but with the implementation of that feature you won't have everywhere choke points anymore but just a single one or rather just a few choke points which can easily be shut via walls, statues, structures etc. I don't see any other point what that feature is suppoed to provide, besides pretty cheap but also very effective indestructable early game walls which are defending you from hounds or incoming bosses.

And there for sure will be ways to make the mobs keep running against the walls, in which case the AI won't find a way around them.

Nickolai    1,024
35 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

That's totally not what I meant, of course the mobs aren't that stupid, but with the implementation of that feature you won't have everywhere choke points anymore but just a single one or rather just a few choke points which can easily be shut via walls, statues, structures etc. I don't see any other point what that feature is suppoed to provide, besides pretty cheap but also very effective indestructable early game walls which are defending you from hounds or incoming bosses.

And there for sure will be ways to make the mobs keep running against the walls, in which case the AI won't find a way around them.

Well you are not entirely safe, in dst you can put statues around and it would stop most enemies, with slopes bosses could just go up the slopes and destroy the blockade, even if hounds come they will go up the slope where you are, having them being "indestructible walls" is a invalid argument.
Even if this idea comes true, im pretty sure it would be a toggleable option

(i dont think i made sense there lol)

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Nickolai    1,024
2 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

You probably would need ladders in case an elevation doesn't have a ramp to the side leading to a certain biome. Or when exploration go around and around until you find a ramp then around again until you find another ramp to continue exploring just like we now have to do with the over the top amount of rivers spawning in new worlds. If ladders were implemented Klei probably would make the recipe use wood and maybe grass. OP is probably a Wortox main.

and maybe later on make wooden slopes

• Like 1

Charesque    350

This may seem like a good idea, biome diversity and whatnot, but don't forget that elevations may cause some issues with the camera angle - this is  probably the main reason why caves are lacking walls nowadays.

• Like 4