DarkPulse91

What are you hoping is added to the ocean in future updates?

Optional Poll of ideas I could think of  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should be added?

• More ocean "biomes"
    • More hostile mobs
    • More friendly / Loyal mobs
    • More bosses
    • Ocean specific seasons
    • New types of boats (larger/smaller/different shapes)
    • New farmable food sources
    • Waves
    • New fish
    • More types of boat parts to customize the boat further
    • Anything I didnt put here (aka Other (aaka comment below))

DarkPulse91    377

So, Im curious on what the community wants to be added into the ocean, and what they think could be included to make it more enticing to go sailing.

Edited by DarkPulse91
  • Like 2

Mike23Ua    2,988

Islands, with their own unique mobs and weather seasons..  which I already suggested something similar to over here-

• Like 1

AnitaCoffee    563

All the things, basically. Island biomes are my greatest wish, but more diversity on the actual water would be great. Aesthetically, farming, fishing, the whole nine. I want way more reasons to go out to sea than just stone fruit. 

• Like 3

__IvoCZE__    7,276
2 hours ago, -Variant said:

I'm gonna keep bringing this up, but maelstroms would be nice, they had some unused ones intended for SW inside of Hamlet's files a while back.

Giant Turtles that you can ride on, I remember there being baby turtle sound files that were removed, I do hope to see them someday.
Crabs, more crabs are always nice.
There's just so much you can do, I want to see how creative they get.

Wasn't there actually a turtle in the quotes before it was removed together with a "crabking" from sounds?

• Like 2

minespatch    67,702

Maybe letting players walk a inch in the water and punch fish like on does with punching butterflies? It would help early players get free food that way.

• Haha 2

Mike23Ua    2,988
3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Wasn't there actually a turtle in the quotes before it was removed together with a "crabking" from sounds?

Crawmerax** there I fixed that for you. 

• Confused 1

GetNerfedOn    4,423
On 2/3/2020 at 6:24 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

I think it's still there, along with the OCEAN_SILHOUETTE and iCEBERG quotes. I'll take a look when i get my hands on a quotes file.

Zeklo    17,668

I'd love another boss to force player's into taking action/provides a new obstacle that must be overcome. Such as one that creates massive waves that crash against the mainland, partially flooding it. Thus requiring players to locate and kill it. Or alternatively, tough out the situation by having prepped heavily before hand/using new playstyles until it leaves.

Honestly anything that adds to the core gameplay loop instead of dancing around it with optional branching paths. Not that that's bad, but we've got enough like that already,

• Like 3

GetNerfedOn    4,423
6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'd love another boss to force player's into taking action/provides a new obstacle that must be overcome. Such as one that creates massive waves that crash against the mainland, partially flooding it. Thus requiring players to locate and kill it. Or alternatively, tough out the situation by having prepped heavily before hand/using new playstyles until it leaves.

Honestly anything that adds to the core gameplay loop instead of dancing around it with optional branching paths. Not that that's bad, but we've got enough like that already,

This. I also feel that we need more polished Antlion-esque bosses which force people to deal with them and have worthwhile rewards.

I'd love a sea boss which caused consistent thunderstorms on land until you killed it, which spawned in Spring. d envision that it would drop horns able to summon a thunderstrike at a specific location.

Edited by GetNerfedOn
  • Like 4

-Animaster-    147

Need more islands, monsters and bosses. Basically, more stuff to explore. I wish it would take at least 50-100 days to explore the whole overworld. Now you can explore huge overworld in 10-15 days. Even if biomes would keep repeating, I still like the idea of having unexplored areas.

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    2,988

I am really sad that “More Types Of Boats”

has More votes then New Areas to explore with new creatures, mobs and craftable items.. Wtf man? O.o

• Like 1

GetNerfedOn    4,423
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

has More votes then New Areas to explore with new creatures, mobs and craftable items.. Wtf man? O.o

Picture1.thumb.png.41c661e89edb31a8cc5ccae5949ea79d.png

Well, don't be sad anymore.

• Like 1

DarkPulse91    377
2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well its not an official poll, so take it with a grain of salt

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

meepmoop    202
3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I didnt vote for more ocean biomes because I thought it was about areas in the water itself (as in coastal, swell, deep, etc...) rather then other islands.

If there was an 'another island / more islands' option I would click it as well.

• Like 1

PigfridReal    7

I'd really love it if they brought Swordfishes back from SW. Also a tameable mob that you can ride at sea if you're not into boats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Zeklo    17,668
2 hours ago, PigfridReal said:

I'd really love it if they brought Swordfishes back from SW. Also a tameable mob that you can ride at sea if you're not into boats

Seahorse. Hippokrampus. Etc etc.

I'm sure they could work something out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1