What are you hoping is added to the ocean in future updates?

Optional Poll of ideas I could think of  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should be added?

• More ocean "biomes"
    • More hostile mobs
    • More friendly / Loyal mobs
    • More bosses
    • Ocean specific seasons
    • New types of boats (larger/smaller/different shapes)
    • New farmable food sources
    • Waves
    • New fish
    • More types of boat parts to customize the boat further
    • Anything I didnt put here (aka Other (aaka comment below))

While new islands (even if it's tiny islands from actual environments, or with new contents) sounds very important to fill the ocean unused space, I really, reaaaaaally want first some more "life" in water. It is, as now, made of rocks, kelps, flotty logs, and we have now fishes and cute squids, I guess this is a good start but I have many ideas that could make the ocean actually so much more active :

First of, the unfilled space in ocean could use underwater shadows, not flotsams, just something decorative that make the ocean more animated, something living. For example underwater rocks or plants, I'd like if Klei have a try to place decorations in water, sometime we're just missing a very little thing moving around.

I'd also like more ocean rooms like the salt one, it gives some identifiable areas which is more interesting than just adding something and place it everywhere in the sea, and yet the salt zones was a very nice addition, hope I can see more of that in the future.

And last but not least, have you ever looked at the shore ? There's nothing here, no (remarkable) transition from land and water to deep ocean, I'd have many ideas like swampy water next to marsh biomes, or beach locations like the one on the Moon Island who's doing a great job.

So as you can see there's quite a lot to do... but I'd wait till the next update(s) to see how this is going on.

Like ADM kinda said:  BEACHES!  New oceany/island biomes in general, maybe.  I like biomes.

Also (this is more beach/island related, but hey) can we has palm trees, at least at the oasis?  Please? 

Waves, coral, pretty schools of fish?  Basically if we're dipping our toes into Don't Starve Together: Shipwrecked aka Don't Sink Together, let's commit to it.  :)

Basically I want the ocean more oceany and less kinda blankish.

And YES to the more kinds of/customisable boats.

...Notorious

I'm gonna keep bringing this up, but maelstroms would be nice, they had some unused ones intended for SW inside of Hamlet's files a while back.

Giant Turtles that you can ride on, I remember there being baby turtle sound files that were removed, I do hope to see them someday.
Crabs, more crabs are always nice.
There's just so much you can do, I want to see how creative they get.

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

I'm gonna keep bringing this up, but maelstroms would be nice, they had some unused ones intended for SW inside of Hamlet's files a while back.

Giant Turtles that you can ride on, I remember there being baby turtle sound files that were removed, I do hope to see them someday.
Crabs, more crabs are always nice.
There's just so much you can do, I want to see how creative they get.

Wasn't there actually a turtle in the quotes before it was removed together with a "crabking" from sounds?

On 2/3/2020 at 6:24 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Wasn't there actually a turtle in the quotes before it was removed together with a "crabking" from sounds?

I think it's still there, along with the OCEAN_SILHOUETTE and iCEBERG quotes. I'll take a look when i get my hands on a quotes file.

I'd love another boss to force player's into taking action/provides a new obstacle that must be overcome. Such as one that creates massive waves that crash against the mainland, partially flooding it. Thus requiring players to locate and kill it. Or alternatively, tough out the situation by having prepped heavily before hand/using new playstyles until it leaves.

Honestly anything that adds to the core gameplay loop instead of dancing around it with optional branching paths. Not that that's bad, but we've got enough like that already,

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'd love another boss to force player's into taking action/provides a new obstacle that must be overcome. Such as one that creates massive waves that crash against the mainland, partially flooding it. Thus requiring players to locate and kill it. Or alternatively, tough out the situation by having prepped heavily before hand/using new playstyles until it leaves.

Honestly anything that adds to the core gameplay loop instead of dancing around it with optional branching paths. Not that that's bad, but we've got enough like that already,

This. I also feel that we need more polished Antlion-esque bosses which force people to deal with them and have worthwhile rewards.

I'd love a sea boss which caused consistent thunderstorms on land until you killed it, which spawned in Spring. d envision that it would drop horns able to summon a thunderstrike at a specific location.

Need more islands, monsters and bosses. Basically, more stuff to explore. I wish it would take at least 50-100 days to explore the whole overworld. Now you can explore huge overworld in 10-15 days. Even if biomes would keep repeating, I still like the idea of having unexplored areas.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am really sad that “More Types Of Boats”

has More votes then New Areas to explore with new creatures, mobs and craftable items.. Wtf man? O.o

I didnt vote for more ocean biomes because I thought it was about areas in the water itself (as in coastal, swell, deep, etc...) rather then other islands.

If there was an 'another island / more islands' option I would click it as well.

2 hours ago, PigfridReal said:

I'd really love it if they brought Swordfishes back from SW. Also a tameable mob that you can ride at sea if you're not into boats

Seahorse. Hippokrampus. Etc etc.

I'm sure they could work something out.

Archived