[POLL] What Character rework are you looking forward too?

Which character rework are you up for?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Which character rework are you up for?

as a previous WX-78 main before loving the new willow rework..

I cant wait for WX to get a rework.. as after playing him for a while, and playing with other WX's.. it's obvious to see that wx has a LOT of teamwork issues, and by that i mean that he has nothing that helps the team. so i cant wait to see what Klei could change with him that could support a team in some way that a different character couldnt

2 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Alot of me is worried actally, I just don't want wendy to be completely changed like woodie was. I really hope it mainly focuses on abigail and not so much wendy herself.

I just don't want a woodie-level rework to happen to wendy, and I especially do not want any of the necromancer/occultist suggestions i've seen, she's a child in mourning, not some necromancer or demon worshipper. :s

Same on the Woodie-esque rework, that would be dreadful. I'm only worried a tad though because recent threads (although, three months or so ago was a different story) have had a lot of the community saying "We just want her to be better, not change her play style too much." And Wendy mains have basically always said that. I'm trying to put my faith in them keeping true to her, since Klei tends to be pretty good about noticing feedback. 

Keeping my fingers crossed. Don't hurt my depressed child Klei. :wilson_flower:

Time to tell all my friends to vote for Wes.  Because if Wendy gets an update it should focus on Abby (Like more attack damage and a way to call abby to you), Maxwell on his shadow clones (like them being able to wear more armor and change the weapons they have for Roleplay purpose).  And Wes.... He needs a way to read signs like the way how old cartoons would have subtitles for characters using [ ]  to box the words.  [Like talking like this and preforming actions with * *]   Because then we would know Wes isn't truly mute inside his head.  I would also love to see more balloon animal choices.  And Now all my friends will be having a war against this.   

Edit: 

5 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

snip

Wathgrithr. Sounds like some lovecraft fan made that name.

Personally I want Wendy to get reworked. I used to main her until I got tired of that damage debuff and Abi dying whenever I went to swamp or fought a boss.

43 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

Time to tell all my friends to vote for Wes.  Because if Wendy gets an update it should focus on Abby (Like more attack damage and a way to call abby to you), Maxwell on his shadow clones (like them being able to wear more armor and change the weapons they have for Roleplay purpose).  And Wes.... He needs a way to read signs like the way how old cartoons would have subtitles for characters using [ ]  to box the words.  [Like talking like this and preforming actions with * *]   Because then we would know Wes isn't truly mute inside his head.  I would also love to see more balloon animal choices.  And Now all my friends will be having a war against this.

Why can’t he just hold up a sign with whatever’s written on the sign being visible to the player?

like how Wyle Coyote always held up an “Ouch!” Sign anytime something horrible happened to him in Looney Tunes.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

How so? They would still “Do” Everything Current Maxwells boring clones do... they would just look a Million Times more cool doing it.

So mechanically, they would literally be no different then? That sounds more like skins then a "total overhaul" to me.

6 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

So mechanically, they would literally be no different then? That sounds more like skins then a "total overhaul" to me.

Mechanically they would have new found abilities.. 

For example instead of Shadow Miners he would have Nightmare Terrorbeaks that “Bite” The Rocks it still Mines the same amount of resources as the boring Shadow Maxwell.. it just looks cooler & can probably Teleport away from the Danger.

I figure that’s the very LEAST they can do for poor Maxwell.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

For example instead of Shadow Miners he would have Nightmare Terrorbeaks that “Bite” The Rocks it still Mines the same amount of resources as the boring Shadow Maxwell.. it just looks cooler & can probably Teleport away from the Danger.

That just sounds like a skin, but then you just added teleportation at the end to justify adding controlled Terrorbeaks under Maxwell's abilities. Teleportation is also something you could attach to the normal shadow miners instead of looking for random mobs to replace them with.

Honestly, I think changing his puppets from shadows of himself to shadows of something else kinda cuts into his personality a bit. He's a very egotistical, vain and self centered individual (although a bit less so since his release from the throne). So if he could mold the fuel into any shape he wants, a shadow of himself seems the most fitting.

21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, I think changing his puppets from shadows of himself to shadows of something else kinda cuts into his personality a bit. He's a very egotistical, vain and self centered individual (although a bit less so since his release from the throne). So if he could mold the fuel into any shape he wants, a shadow of himself seems the most fitting.

Yeah but before Maxwell ever even SAT on the Nightmare Throne or ended up being sucked into the Constant- he was pulling these things up out of the Codex Umbra At his and Charlie’s Magic Performance shows.

Im most excited for Webber. I love being scary monsters in games, so I immediately gravitated towards Webber when I first got into DST. I spent around 200 hours enjoying Webber specifically before I decided to expand my horizons and finally choose somebody else.

Having more interactivity with spiders would be a godsend. Right now the Webber meta is to get 4-6 spider dens, ctrl f cancel a spider, and just hold spacebar for 2 minutes. It's not exactly the most fun thing in the world. I'd personally like to see Webber have the ability to craft webbed turf, which could be made by combining silk with any kind of turf you want a webbed version of.

Spider queen interactivity would also be really cool, such as bribing her with monster meat to stay around and not become a den.

As a matter of fact, I think I have a thread about my Webber ideas buried somewhere, I will edit this post with the link when I find it.

Edit:

3 minutes ago, Canis said:

Im most excited for Webber. I love being scary monsters in games, so I immediately gravitated towards Webber when I first got into DST. I spent around 200 hours enjoying Webber specifically before I decided to expand my horizons and finally choose somebody else.

Having more interactivity with spiders would be a godsend. Right now the Webber meta is to get 4-6 spider dens, ctrl f cancel a spider, and just hold spacebar for 2 minutes. It's not exactly the most fun thing in the world. I'd personally like to see Webber have the ability to craft webbed turf, which could be made by combining silk with any kind of turf you want a webbed version of.

Spider queen interactivity would also be really cool, such as bribing her with monster meat to stay around and not become a den.

As a matter of fact, I think I have a thread about my Webber ideas buried somewhere, I will edit this post with the link when I find it.

Whoa.. Wait.. You didn’t say Walani?

okay that does it someone start a manhunt to find the real Canis, this one is obviously a fake aliens no doubt abducted the real Canis when the Carrats started jumping too high and never came back down.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Whoa.. Wait.. You didn’t say Walani?

okay that does it someone start a manhunt to find the real Canis, this one is obviously a fake aliens no doubt abducted the real Canis when the Carrats started jumping too high and never came back down.

tbf I completely forgot that Klei is calling some new character additions "reworks".

Ofc I want Walani more than Webber. But he's a close second.

i think wx needs a rework cause of his gameplay. Its an inmortal wilson so... gets so boring. Upgrade perk could be something more fun like having access to diferents gameplays, not only getting more stats.

When WX was release the first thing i have though when i eat my 1st year was "the upgrade means that he will change?" so maybe adding some tools to his body by gears (like spear arm, magnet shield (like thilecite crown) or pick axe arms, idk klei its better doing this).

We saw how reworks and new character are getting new fun mechanics like soul jump, bernie, etc so i expect that for wx

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah but before Maxwell ever even SAT on the Nightmare Throne or ended up being sucked into the Constant- he was pulling these things up out of the Codex Umbra At his and Charlie’s Magic Performance shows.

And look at how well that worked out for him. The biggest plot point that set everything into motion was his inability to control them.

Archived