what if carrat jumped TOO high........

1 hour ago, Jack_Lamdam said:

I wonder how long everyone will pretend that this topic makes sense

On my very first ready, I thought this was a very creative way of reporting a glitch the original poster encountered, where his Carrat flew offscreen in the middle of the race and its sprite got stuck in a corner of the screen doing the jumping animation.

It really felt like he was going for:

"how would you feel if your carrat ..... blah blah jumped.... blah blah.... ..AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY. I noticed if you feed your Carrat a raw Durian before the race, the game glitches out because in the files the devs gave Carrats a sanity stat too but it seems they scrapped it, but the durian somehow brings back the stat and since the game doesn't know how to compute "c_print:<br>destination name()_if_sanity=-5" it makes the Carrat fly off when you start the race...

But well, somehow the post was about absolutely nothing of note...

Amazing how it's still on the front page well actually not since we're carrying it back to front page by keeping posting stuff on it

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

On my very first ready, I thought this was a very creative way of reporting a glitch the original poster encountered, where his Carrat flew offscreen in the middle of the race and its sprite got stuck in a corner of the screen doing the jumping animation.

It really felt like he was going for:

"how would you feel if your carrat ..... blah blah jumped.... blah blah.... ..AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY. I noticed if you feed your Carrat a raw Durian before the race, the game glitches out because in the files the devs gave Carrats a sanity stat too but it seems they scrapped it, but the durian somehow brings back the stat and since the game doesn't know how to compute "c_print:<br>destination name()_if_sanity=-5" it makes the Carrat fly off when you start the race...

But well, somehow the post was about absolutely nothing of note...

Amazing how it's still on the front page well actually not since we're carrying it back to front page by keeping posting stuff on it

My carrat's tail and ears became black after I inputted the durian code. send hel p

I'm not sure why people are so confused by this thread, it's a genuinely thought-provoking question about if something completely out of the ordinary happened to you while playing DST. Imagine this scenario:

You're playing DST on a solo world during the Year of the Carrat event. You've spent a good half an hour or so training the perfect Carrat, who you made red for the adorable heart ears (and named her Cherry), and you get ready to put her up against Charlie's Carrats. You start the race and Cherry does amazingly, but right as she gets to the finish line she jumps up in the air with a jumping animation you've never seen before, and just keeps rising higher and higher and eventually offscreen. Charlie's Carrats finish the race and wait for her, but she never comes down. You try picking her up with spacebar, and even attacking her with ctrl + f, but you just can't reach her. You still know she's up there somewhere, though, because your character locks on and starts walking back and forth in that spot whenever you try to do something with her, meaning she's still at the same spot in the X and Z axis.

What would you do? Would you be afraid? Would you scream?

I think there should just be a thread like Maxwell memes. A place made specificaly for those really weird questions.

Also, if that would happen to me I'd think "I guess that Carrat has a severe case of "I have to go, my moon needs me". Wait... he was the only good Carrat I had, now I have to train another one in his place."

Archived