Cave level 2 locks up on DS Pocket Edition

RobotCoyote

As soon as I entered cave level 2 and my character landed on the ground from the rope, the screen froze and I got audio noises that sounded like I was continuously picking up an multiple objects and multiple recipes were being unlocked. That audio sequence continued but got slower and slower and finally I got a pop-up window saying that Don't Starve appeared to be hung and would  I  like to kill it or wait.

I  tried restarting my device but it appears that my save game was destroyed because whenever I tried to load it up it  would go right to that spot and then repeat the error...over and over...

Don't starve Pocket version 1.14.2

ANDROID

• Android Device : Galaxy Tab S4
  • Model Number : SM-T830
  • Android OS Version Number : 9
  • Device Manufacturer : Samsung

This has been reported multiple times.  Please see the original thread:

Thank you very much for the report and device/specs information. We have informed our mobile porting developer partner about this, and they are currently investigating this issue. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Hi Devs, it's been four months or so that this bug is around, may I ask if when will the fix be done and any other contents to be added for P.E. 

Please fix soon we are not able to fully enjoy the game with this bug around.

So this bug still isn't fixed...but there is a workaround that was posted and I was able to verify that it works for me. 

As soon as you enter cave level 2 for the first time, you have to IMMEDIATELY pause, save, and quit the game as fast as your fingers can hit those buttons on the screen.  Then you can reload the game and you can go in and out of that level as many times as you like.  I found I had to repeat this workaround every time I created a new cave level 2 in a different underground area but at least it seems to work consistently for me!

Archived