Deerclops is a she?

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

which means they're over Warbucks?

they are a good comparison to other things like this
no one here said they should return here they are using a comparison

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

while other people continue to? Do I just... sit idly while other people show how much they're over Warbucks by still complaining about his removal

there are no actual people here that say that in this thread which you complained about it on

I love when people just make stuff up to sound like they have any actual argument

bottom line tldr:

If you cannot deal with other people talking about things you don't like, too bad its not for you to decide what can be said and what can't

and complaining about it like you can control others makes you seem like a child

ether ignore them for they are having their own conversations that you are not wanting to be apart in or just go elsewhere

Just now, CameoAppearance said:

Read more closely.

the post above is addressed to you too then

1 minute ago, CameoAppearance said:

Read more closely.

also read this more closely

18 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

find a thread for that then that is current and not about new characters in general

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

there are no actual people here that say that in this thread which you complained about it on

I love when people just make stuff up to sound like they have any actual argument

But:

On 1/30/2020 at 3:20 PM, Desblat said:

Ofc all of that doesnt matter until it turns out that character you liked is culturally problematic and gets removed from the game (Warbucks). 

On 1/30/2020 at 3:20 PM, Desblat said:

Because today it's a mistake in discription, tomorrow Wilson is culturally problematic. 

This is literally someone complaining about the Warbucks removal twice.

I said people talk seriously about re-adding him in threads about adding new characters to DST. You first claimed that you didn't see anyone talking about his re-adding, with no other specifications, then when I told you otherwise you cut off the first half of my sentence and argued that it only counted if it was a thread made specifically to suggest re-adding Warbucks.

4 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

I said people talk seriously about re-adding him in threads about adding new characters to DST. You first claimed that you didn't see anyone talking about his re-adding, with no other specifications, then when I told you otherwise you cut off the first half of my sentence and argued that it only counted if it was a thread made specifically to suggest re-adding Warbucks.

Then you in fact went off-topic to make the "factually wrong" statement that people want him added in other threads. The mention of him in this thread had nothing to do with that. 

1 minute ago, CameoAppearance said:

ok you have put out an actually made a point supported by evidence however still

I said Warbucks only re-adding threads if its a pole then it is not your business to say what people can and can't want

14 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

But:

that still does not invalidate my other points and even this one is refuted by:

11 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Talking about a characters removal doesnt mean they are suggesting they want them re added, simply that it did in fact happen, the tone they use is irrelevant

you both are still not listening to my main point it is none of your business to dictate what people want or whine about them not bending to you

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

you both are still not listening to my main point it is none of your business to dictate what people want or whine about them not bending to you

I agree, and could care less if people want to talk about Warbucks.  The sole reason for a forum is to have discussion. That discussion is indicative to the wants of the player base and can be used to inform Kleis decision, such as when Shipwrecked went from stand alone to DLC. I'm sure people thought that the Shipwrecked discussion was complaining but Klei felt the discussion was worth listening to.  

15 minutes ago, Handsome_Jack said:

Lots of people in this era cannot comprehend what these words mean and if they try to they will glitch out like a corrupted NPC hahaha

I know I saw this as a problem and that's why I got into psychology in order to understand this problem and help people to be able to think clearly understand others opinions stop destructive tribal behavior and be able to make better decisions the hope is to help people be able to think about stuff like this and be less toxic essentially helping both the person themselves with complex topics have empathy and strengthen their relationships with others

I don't think we should talk about this much longer just because its off topic

4 minutes ago, OMERICA said:

Be locked already, cursed thread.

Seconded...please someone just euthanize this thread already. It's already metastasized has long since been terminal.

The wheel's spinning but the hamster's dead, so could somebody please put their hand on the wheel so we can finally bury this dead thread?

Spoiler

...I dunno why I was waxing poetic, just accept the fact that I did. :wilson_ecstatic:

On 01/02/2020 at 9:03 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If only you guys had this "passion" on discussing serious stuff like actual game content and game mechanics.. (without diluting into Ad Hominem or "getting triggered" ofc) Thus yeah... much retconned pixel-lore gender-locura was given those days :livid:

now that's real poetry mate!

Bravo!

tumblr_m935j8rmik1rcny7ko1_400.gif

also are the mods around here sleeping or just being lazy with life or something? @ImDaMisterL

Spoiler

last time I saw a dev telling people to stick to the topic which was about which character from DS would people like to date 

• Developer
18 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

also are the mods around here sleeping or just being lazy with life or something? @ImDaMisterL

I don't have as much time to check every thread nowadays, but feel free to ping me and/or report a post you believe doesn't follow community guidelines.

Anyways, yes, let's try to get back on topic :)

On 1/31/2020 at 1:18 AM, Szczuku said:

If Deerclops was indeed previously refered to as a king and asummed male by most of the community then it seems silly to change that right now.

This is not being “changed right now.” It was years ago that the devs said in a stream that most of the giants were female, and players have been bringing it up here since then. People tend to call any animal who’s gender they don’t know “him,” for convenience sake, so there’s no need to stick to that like it’s the Bible or something. It’s a common mistake to call Clops “he” but you can hear plenty of informed, experienced DS streamers who know better and call her “she.”

Archived